Home

Mass Effect 3

leXX

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah, I'm with Lynk.

In my opinion, the game is fantastic, and the best of the trilogy. It had amazing gameplay, emotion-filled cutscenes and there were little things that made the game mindblowing, such as the interaction of the squad being what it is, such as going down to the lounge and seeing Garrus have a war story-battle with James.

So far, it was set up to be the perfect ending to a fantastic trilogy, but then the ending came. Not only was it a horrible ending to Mass Effect 3, but also a horrible end to the trilogy. There was ONE thing the ending set up did that I liked;

When Harbinger hits them all with the beam, and Shep wakes up, looking as bloody and worse for wear as he ever has done. This made me feel a sudden wave of shock and fear, because I realised at this point, that Shep IS human, and that he is mortal.

Call me dramatic.

There was ONE thing the ending set up did that I liked;

When Harbinger hits them all with the beam, and Shep wakes up, looking as bloody and worse for wear as he ever has done. This made me feel a sudden wave of shock and fear, because I realised at this point, that Shep IS human, and that he is mortal.

It's not just that part though. Shepard is wracked by fear, doubt, and regret throughout the whole game. They went to a lot of effort to paint him with a very human brush this time around. The scene you mentioned is just final part: at the end Shepard is reduced to little more than his will.

at the end Shepard is reduced to little more than his will.
Which is the reason I love the game so much and love movie characters like Indiana Jones and Jack Ryan so much. They did extraordinary things, but you always felt they were humans, not supermen with guns. I guess that is why I can forgive the ending somewhat for its short comings, because the ride up to that point was nearly perfect.

The dreams annoyed me even more then the ending my first time through. It wasn't until I accepted they were part of the game and really listen to the voices did I understand the meaning of the dreams. It also helped me understand (in my own mind) why Casper looked the way it did.

By "reprioritized", I gather that just means they'll get that out the door first. All it will be is like a couple of minutes of cutscenes tacked on to the end to try and placate people. They aren't actually changing the ending. I doubt there will be much change in what other content they had planned. If anything they'll need more to make up for giving away that thing for free.

It's BioWare's fault for making the decision, they shouldn't have bowed to pressure in the first place.

Clear example of the 'damned if you do, damned if you don't' scenario.

And does it seem to anyone else that Summer is a long wait for a few cut scenes?

Clear example of the 'damned if you do, damned if you don't' scenario.
Meh. In all fairness, it probably isn't that bad.

This sounds optional, so the people that like the game the way it is won't suffer anything other than a delay on DLC that they will probably buy anyway. On the other hand, some percentage of the people who felt the end needed more will get what they want. Granted some percentage won't, but I suspect that Bioware knows this already.

So they won't lose anything with the people that liked the game and might move a few more people into that category. Whether or not that number is sufficient to justify the odd precedent that they are setting will have to be determined later.

EDIT: Looks like there's a FAQ up already.

I hope they also go back and fix the start of Mass Effect 2 (when the crew abandons Shepard) and Arrival (where Shepard gets knocked out and time passes without the player being able to see it). Then they can tackle the big stuff like making Mass Effect playable again. :D

I'll buy it so long as it includes an Extended Cut explanation for how "organic life is a genetic mutation" and a CE shot glass for when I feel like playing the Unofficial Mass Effect Drinking Game (drink once if a planet is either tidally locked or a captured object. Drink twice if it's both).

Archived