Home

Mass Effect 3

leXX

And earning loyalty is back again. You'd think after following Shepard around for this long to hell and back that they'd finally trust him by now.

It really makes no sense...

I hope this time atleast loyalty changes something, instead of being just a flag for who lives/who dies?

Hey chainz they tried to paint you as this big bad guy, but you are cool :thmbup1:

Hey everyone makes mistakes!!! Bioware's was... ah let's not push it :D

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

DarthParametric - As it has been said, Garrus is only a squad member IF he DIDN'T die in ME2. If you don't import a save game, one would assume that he would be alive as canon.

If he is dead, I have no doubt he will be replaced by some cheap ass turian stand in.

As for loyalty, I hope it works different, but I think loyalty is primarily for RACES. Not the actualy squad.

One Thing I don't want: Last battle - *I CHOOSE YOU, RACHNI! NOW I CHOOSE YOU, ASARI* just like in DA:O..

As it has been said, Garrus is only a squad member IF he DIDN'T die in ME2. If you don't import a save game, one would assume that he would be alive as canon.
Where was that said? I was going on what the article posted earlier said (which I gather was a summary of the GI article). But assuming that is the case - that he could indeed be dead and thus may require a substitute - then why choose him of all potentially dead ME2 squad mates as a permanent ME3 squad mate? Is it because they've determined he is the most popular? The statistically most likely to survive ME2? It just seems kind of arbitrary to me is all. If it's the case that his death does indeed carry over and he isn't substituted for in ME3 then I would actually appreciate that, as it would be a real carry-over of consequences from ME2. But as I said before, I can't see them wanting to chance something like that.

So I finished my final Mass Effect 2 playthrough ready to import into ME3

Level 30

Paragon

Council Saved

Rachni Queen Saved

Collector Base Destroyed

Everyone Survived

Romanced Tali, NOT unfaithful as had no romance in ME1

anyone elses "statistics" for me3 import?

Can't wait to see the consequences of saving the Rachni Queen. Whether it means being screwed over by the Queen or getting help from a horde of Rachni creatures, I'm sure it'll be awesome.

Also, getting Ashley/Carth as permanent squad member feels like a punishment. In fact, if it turns out Tali's not, this'll feel like some sick BioWare joke. And I want more Legion!

First Name: Jack

Appearance: Default

Background: Colonist, Sole Survivor

Class: Soldier

Alignment: Paragon

Level: 30

Love Interest (ME1): Liara

Love Interest (ME2): Tali (also Kelly, and Garrus (I wish)) (totally unfaithful, I know)

Sacrificed on Virmire: Ashley

Fate of Wrex: Alive

Fate of Rachni: Saved

Fate of Council: Saved, Anderson on Council

Outcome of Suicide Mission: Base Destroyed, no losses

Spectre Status: Reinstated

Normandy SR2 Status: Fully Upgraded

Relationship with Cerberus: Effectively severed

Hey chainz they tried to paint you as this big bad guy, but you are cool :thmbup1:

Hey everyone makes mistakes!!! Bioware's was... ah let's not push it :D

:lol: yeah, I'm (one of) the resident Tali-Fan(atics) hehehe. I hear ya though on Bio. I lurve them.. but they broke my heart with NWN2 :disaprove

Mass Effect more than makes up for it though. I guess I have forgiven them, for now :D

I'm really digging how the tombstone is so phallic. :xp:
hehehe.. never noticed till you said something. Now it's burned in my mind :fist::xp:

Level 30

Paragon

Council Saved

Rachni Queen Saved

Collector Base Destroyed

Everyone Survived

My "preferred" (main) import is identical to yours :D

You can't not have a romance in ME1. On import into ME2 no romance is flagged as a Liara romance.

Yeah you can, or I should say.. I 'think' (we'll see.. hehe). I romanced Ashley up to the point of the clone factory and left her there to be a hero. Yeah.. I'm a bastard. :indif:

they broke my heart with NWN2
NWN2 was made by Obsidian.

Yeah you can, or I should say.. I 'think' (we'll see.. hehe). I romanced Ashley up to the point of the clone factory and left her there to be a hero. Yeah.. I'm a bastard. :indif:
Yes, you can play through ME1 without romancing anyone. But when you import that save into ME2, the romance state flag gets set to Liara. Although there is a progress value for the romance conversations, so possibly it could flag the romance as Ashley even though you killed her off. I'm not sure how it deals with that.

NWN2 was made by Obsidian.

DOH! thanks for the correction..

Yes, you can play through ME1 without romancing anyone. But when you import that save into ME2, the romance state flag gets set to Liara. Although there is a progress value for the romance conversations, so possibly it could flag the romance as Ashley even though you killed her off. I'm not sure how it deals with that.

I'll be interested to see if it actually works. I do know that if you use the method of leaving your romance to become martyred, their picture doesn't appear on your desk (nor the opposing love interest). Also, Liara gave me the "just friends" hug reaction that you would normally get if you didn't pursue her... along with the "just friends" Shadow Broker rigamaroll..

Will be nifty to see if the method worked. ;)

I did that with Ashley and Carth Jr. too. :dev14:
Good to know I wasn't the only one :lol:

I had read that if you cut Ashley off at the knees during the "I hate aliens" dialog, it kills any romance option with her. I tried it and seemed to confirm it as I was unable to proceed with her romance. Kaiden died on Virmire and Ashley was there in the intro for ME2, though I don't recall if she gave me the "I love you" speech on Horizon (I think it was the more generic "I would've followed you anywhere"). Similarly, I didn't get an overtly warm response from Liara either, so I'm not sure what to make of DP's info.

Good to know I wasn't the only one :lol:

Been there, done that at least once to Ash myself, can't remember w/Kaiden as I usually play Shep as a male.

Originally Posted by Taak Farst

Level 30

Paragon

Council Saved

Rachni Queen Saved

Collector Base Destroyed

Everyone Survived

Have numerous imports lined up and they run gamut. More often renegade than paragon, probably equal on saving/eliminating Council, Rachni and Collector Base. Romances variable, including none. I think one save with only 2 survivors (Sam/Grunt) but most with between none to 3 KIA and a few with only 4-5 survivors. Wondering what trouble Conrad will get into next.....

I'd tap a Mass Effect MMO. The fact that they're even considering an MMO means that it's unlikely that Mass Effect 3 will have an apocalyptic ending, like all Reaper Tech being disabled or something of the kind, as that would be the downfall of galactic civilization.

Archived