Home

Mass Effect 3

leXX

No more surprising than

Show spoiler
(hidden content - requires Javascript to show)
OMFG! Melissan is actually the ultimate evil and the hardest boss evar!

:dozey:

And, yet, these games are still fun. Must be the killer combat, because it sure as hell isn't the writing.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

^I had to look that up b/c haven't played the BG series in >4 years.

Still, not surprised about Cerberus-Reaper angle. Perhaps like Saren, TIM is not aware of the degree to which he's been turned over time.....or at least thinks he can get advanced tech through their agents while somehow holding them at bay by using Shep to stymie their return. Whatever the case, there ought to at least be a reasonably straightforward reason given in ME3 about how/when he was corrupted. Also, must have missed it, but how long between the events in ME3 and the end of ME2? A few months? ~a year?

Here's something I've been thinking about that could explain why Cerberus is the enemy this time. There's nothing indicating that they're introducing a third Normandy, and since the game starts with Shepard being put on trial by the Alliance, they've likely also appropriated the Normandy SR2, and with the security lockouts gone after the Collectors attacked the Normandy, the Alliance has access to every dirty little secret Cerberus tucked away on the Normandy's computers, which could be enough to prompt a crackdown on Cerberus activity, against which Cerberus would naturally retaliate.

they've likely also appropriated the Normandy SR2
Yes, the Game Informer article said that the Alliance have stripped and rebuilt/upgraded the SR2. Concept art shows a quite different look internally. I imagine the outside will get a new lick of paint at least. Not sure if there will be much in the way of physical modifications there though.

That's assuming they could break the the AI security.
Speaking of AIs, I wonder what the Alliance will make of EDI? She is completely illegal under Council law. Obviously Cerberus don't abide by that but the Alliance do (presumably). One would think they would completely remove her from the SR2, or at least attempt to.

Yes, the Game Informer article said that the Alliance have stripped and rebuilt/upgraded the SR2. Concept art shows a quite different look internally. I imagine the outside will get a new lick of paint at least. Not sure if there will be much in the way of physical modifications there though.

Well, there is this, so yeah, it looks different on the outside. Also, if you're referring to the art I think you're referring to, the artist has stated that he's not affiliated with BioWare or something to that effect. But if you mean the shot of a much bluer SR2 CIC with some red holograms on the side, I'd be really surprised if it was fake.

Speaking of AIs, I wonder what the Alliance will make of EDI? She is completely illegal under Council law. Obviously Cerberus don't abide by that but the Alliance do (presumably). One would think they would completely remove her from the SR2, or at least attempt to.

Well, Tricia Helfer has confirmed her involvement, so EDI's probably staying, unless she came back just to record a "death" scene.

That model is physically no different externally - they just obviously overscaled the panel lines for stylistic reasons. Assuming that is how it will look in ME3, then yeah it will just be a retextured version of ME2's SR2 mesh - a new lick of paint as I said. And even that looks to be just a simplistic swapping of the yellow with blue and the Cerberus logo with the Alliance logo.

The interior concept I was referring to was the blusih one with red holograms. It was in the Game Informer article captioned by a Casey Hudson quote about interior changes including a new look and different rooms, so I don't think there can be any argument that it is official. What the final game model ultimately ends up looking like of course is anyone's guess - it is just a concept drawing after all. The fact that they didn't show a screenshot suggests it hasn't been finalised as yet.

Show spoiler
Jack___Subject_Zero_13_by_johntesh.jpg

Show spoiler
m3.jpg

In any case, maybe this means that when you retake the Normandy, it'll get a full crew again if you took your time to rescue them in ME2 like I did lol.

Well my crew, as in kelly and the nameless crew are all dead. XD

But I'm sure the main crew members are probably not in jail, most of them at least and are somewhere in the galaxy doing their thing to try to fight the reapers in their own way while they wait for Shep to get back to a position where they can help him with whatever.

In a recent interview it was confirmed that all major characters from ME2 will return if they survived and at least make a cameo appearance in ME3. It was also said that the ME2 squad was too big, so for ME3 this is being reduced. From that I think we can deduce something along the lines of a ME1-sized squad, which we already know includes Liara, Ashley/Kaidan, Tali, Garrus and James Vega (apparently renamed from James Sanders). You'd think they'd want to add one or two more to that number, especially as Tali and Garrus could both be dead. To my mind that points to non-ME2 party members, as there is no point adding in people that could have died in the suicide mission. Wrex is out, being either dead or off playing politics, so that probably means more new characters will be brought in. A Krogan of some sort would be a likely suspect.

I'm still rooting for Shiala to make a triumphant return as everyone's favourite Green Asari commando kick-asser in chief. Suspect this is unlikely though.

ShialaME2.png

awwww yeaaaaa

edit: oh, and what are the chances do we think of this Vega/Sanders chap being Sean Bean? and how totally ****ing awesome would that be? oh yeah, very. uh-huh.

I'm still rooting for Shiala to make a triumphant return as everyone's favourite Green Asari commando kick-asser in chief. Suspect this is unlikely though.

ShialaME2.png

awwww yeaaaaa

Well, when you consider that Shep can execute her in the Thorian Lair....yeah, unlikely.

He has reach... he doesn't need your help.

Yeah, if nothing else, he can infilitrate the female clans on Tuchanka......they dig a good looking scar. :xp:

Archived