Home

Mass Effect 3

leXX

I had hoped it would just be some lame ME multiplayer spin-off rather than ME3. After all, we all know ME3 is coming, so all the teasing seems an odd play. However, a recent announcement by EA that single player is dead and they won't be releasing SP only games any more does seem to add ammunition to the idea of it being ME3 with MP included. If that turns out to be the case then Bioware's journey to the Dark Side will be complete, and they will be truly dead.

Single player is dead? Then why in the hell did they remove the multiplayer planned for dragon age? :confused: It would have been so great for that game... Not so much for ME.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't care whether Mass Effect 3 has multiplayer or not. I'm going to buy it opening night either way - this is just an added bonus.

I'm definitely hoping for co-op, though I can see the potential in a competitive matchmaking system. The pauses for weapon switching and power selection wouldn't be that hard to work around.

One thing I am worried about is if they add multiplayer achievements. I'm extremely proud of my 100% record on both games

That pissed me off about Assassin's Creed Brotherhood, as I have no plans to play enough to reach level ****ing 50. :carms:

One thing I am worried about is if they add multiplayer achievements. I'm extremely proud of my 100% record on both games, and if they add some ridiculous takes months to achieve mp ones, I will be extremely pissed off. I want my unblemished record to stay that way. :carms:

I'll have to agree with you on that one. I hate games that require you to be online and playing co-op just to get achievements. This is the reason why I have not gotten 100% on any of my games.

Not sure about this. I'll wait till more is announced before passing judgement, of course, but I am worried about them adding MP, and consequently spending more time messing around with that than what the game should be focusing on.

BioWare and EA have virtually killed Dragon Age (or my enthusiasm, at least) for me, so I hope this suffer from any stupid development decisions, or any more stream lining.

Actually, the question we should be asking ourselves is: will it work?

What about biotics and talents? How are they planning to replace or change the power wheel, which, currently, pauses the game?

What about conversations? TOR system notwithstanding, it could be a huge blow on a multiplayer match if they dotted the gameplay with people to talk to.

And what if it's combat only? Remember no one liked that Pinnacle Station DLC or whatever it was called.

One thing I am worried about is if they add multiplayer achievements. I'm extremely proud of my 100% record on both games, and if they add some ridiculous takes months to achieve mp ones, I will be extremely pissed off. I want my unblemished record to stay that way. :carms:
Yeah, I hate MP achievements, but I hate worse Xbox Live achievements. If there are MP achievements then I hope they do not make them only Xbox Live. Then I can still get them by forcing my cousins to play the game with me. Other wise I guess I will be giving more money to microsoft.

First screenshot released:

Can I just ban Sabre now and avoid the Christmas rush? :xp:

I think Multiplayer could be a cool feature, if done right. I thought mulitplayer would have been a nice touch in Mass Effect 2 after playing it a few times. Since Mass Effect is a story driven game, I feel that's how the multiplayer should be. Take a look at Bioshock for example. It had an okay storyline, and a cool concept for it's multiplayer. Though I felt the multiplayer wasn't very good.

I don't necessarily mean competitive multiplayer, more cooperative. I think there should be a co-op campaign. You would be able to invite two of your friends to join you, to stick with the three person squad. The party leader would be Shepard, obviously. Rather than Shepard choose which squadmates he/she brings, the other two players would choose who they would be. The same would go for the weapons they wield, and how they're upgraded.

I think this would constantly keep the game fresh, and would certainly be fun to try on Insanity.

multiplayer would risk the watering down of the scale of the game. this is the final part of a huge trilogy with any number of different outcomes and permutations. to cheapen that for the sake of a few online leaderboards and kill sprees would be an insult. spin-off, fine. maybe a very large DLC. but if the final ME3 product ends up incorporating multiplayer into the main plot i will be extremely annoyed.

so, yeah, this is old news (no offense), but at the very least, its exciting news. :D

I'm still not quite sure why some people haven't that many complaints about ME2 since it was pretty awesome.
because some people like to nitpick every last detail. if one little thing doesn't meet their expectations/standards, they like to throw a tissy fit and tell everyone how bad the game is. personally, i loathe those kinds of people.

I'm still not quite sure why some people haven't that many complaints about ME2 since it was pretty awesome.

But I did not have the opportunity to see Tali’s face. Are you saying I don’t have the right to complain?

I really don’t care what ME3 is about as long as I see Tali’s face. :xp:

Archived