Home

Mass Effect 3

leXX

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@DP - You're the last person that should talk about reading posts before replying.

@Trailer - I'm mostly wondering if the dude in the trailer is going to play a large role, I kind of hope not we don't need another generic space marine.

I wasn't talking about fan reaction, I was talking about marketing. Perhaps you should read my comments before springing into fanboy defence mode.

And I was talking about the reason for why the marketing teams release trailers like this for games we already know about. It gets people (most people) excited because it means the game is coming sooner rather than later.

For example, I know there's going to be a sequel to Kick-Ass. It's already been announced that there's going to be one at some point. Then again, I'm not excited for it right now, because there are no details about when filming will begin, who will be in it, whether it will be based directly from the sequel to the comic, etc. But the first small little detail they release about it will officially get me excited.

I was talking about marketing.
Coca-Cola been around since 1886 yet they still advertise. I’m really glad BioWare/EA is working hard and spending money to get a buzz about ME3.

@Trailer - I'm mostly wondering if the dude in the trailer is going to play a large role, I kind of hope not we don't need another generic space marine.

Unless it is a scantily armored female space marine.

I don't know about anyone else, but the entire trailer had this grim-dark, Halo 3 aura. War-torn cityscapes, multi-layered battles of the Covenant Reapers vs. mankind's tattered defenses; the fate of humanity rests on the shoulders one hero. Still, I'd like to see how they'd apply the story, and whether or not Shepard dies and miraculously pulls a Lazarus again.

I don't know about anyone else, but the entire trailer had this grim-dark, Halo 3 aura. War-torn cityscapes, multi-layered battles of the Covenant Reapers vs. mankind's tattered defenses; the fate of humanity rests on the shoulders one hero. Still, I'd like to see how they'd apply the story, and whether or not Shepard dies and miraculously pulls a Lazarus again.

They've already stated that save files from Mass Effect 2 in which Shepard dies aren't going to be usable. Also, it'd be pretty hard to recover Shepard's body if he/she did die in Mass Effect 2.

actually, i like the idea that we'll see a bit of Earth this time around. all we've gotten in the past two games is a couple of codex references as to what Earth is like and nothing more. the other thing that i like is the idea that we'll see another epic battle at the end of ME3. missed that in the second one. (note: and by epic, i mean two fleets engaging in a battle. not two ships and a whacked out Reaper hatchery.)

all in all, its exciting. :D

@ DP: Every single blockbuster movie and game shows a teaser trailer even when people knew about that particular movie or game for years before that teaser was released. It's basically just saying "be a little more patient, it's on its way and here's when you should be expecting it now that we've shown you this teaser"...

Earth? Let's hope that is just one small part of the game or where the big end, face off will be. I can't imagine the reapers just pawning one planet at the time. But, hell, the trailer looked great. The ToR trailers where sweat; but this one takes it a step further.

Anyway, I can see that ME3 will be about massing up your epic army, depending on what you did in the previous games, you get the whole galaxy or just a few select races who Shepard spared x-D

Oh, well, awaiting further news.

And I was talking about the reason for why the marketing teams release trailers like this for games we already know about.

Every single blockbuster movie and game shows a teaser trailer even when people knew about that particular movie or game for years before that teaser was released.

I wasn't talking about the trailer, I was talking about all that weird cryptic barcode stuff they have been going on with the last few weeks. It seems an odd play for a game everyone knew was coming, hence why there was a lot of expectation in some circles that all that plus the rumours of MP likely meant a standalone MP game set in the ME universe.

well it will probably end with the single most BAMF death they could possibly think of for shepard, which will then cause questions of not only if humanity's role will be beneficial to the galaxy at large's long-term survival, but also if humanity will survive in the long-term at all. because there will always be more reapers, and with humanity's only hope dead for good, there wouldn't be anyone obvious to stop them.

Looking forward to learning more about Mass Effect 3. And with the announced Holiday 2011 release time frame BioWare continues their trend of cranking out their games in shorter and shorter periods of time.

Don't forget they already had all their tools and engine. I'm certain they've tweaked it all further, but it's not like they had to build it all from scratch.

Nonetheless, I'm happily awaiting more info on everything the game has to offer. Curious what they'll change again or add back in: who are the new possible party members if any? All that jazz.

EDIT: I just remember that the first trailer for ME2, was Legion. That sort of "freaked out" the community to :lol:

And Legion is just a smaller part of ME2 overall story, so no doubt this Earth thing is the same.

Looking forward to learning more about Mass Effect 3. And with the announced Holiday 2011 release time frame BioWare continues their trend of cranking out their games in shorter and shorter periods of time.

also don't forget that Mass Effec 3 has been in development since before Mass Effect 2 came out. it was the same with Mass Effect 2, they started the development before they released Mass Effect.

as for the people apprehensive about the multiplayer, I'll remind you how big BioWare actually is? especially now that they have Electronic Arts supporting them? they can have an entire department devoted to the Multiplayer aspect of the game. and an entire department devoted to the singleplayer.

the FACT is Mass Effect was brilliant, Mass Effect 2 was epic, and Mass Effect 3 is liable to be, absolutely insane. ESPECIALLY if they let you land on earth. but I suspect Joker may die.

the FACT is Mass Effect was brilliant, Mass Effect 2 was epic, and Mass Effect 3 is liable to be, absolutely insane. ESPECIALLY if they let you land on earth. but I suspect Joker may die.

You make an epic speech, and then you have to go and spoil it right at the end lol. ;)

LEATHER SEATS!

Archived