Home

Mass Effect 3

leXX

So, does this mean that when I get ME3 it won't be on an install disc/s but will have to be effectivley/mostly downloaded like Valve/Steam games?
Deus Ex: Human Revolution did almost the same thing. You bought a retail copy of the game, but you had to install via Steam anyway. I'm guessing that's how ME3 will work with Origin.

@Chainz: Well, that's another issue, isn't it? I'm used to playing this franchise on the PC, so it'd be weird for me, I think, to switch to the PS3. Also, they may opt for transferring ME2 savegames to ME3 PS3 version instead of another comic. Then again, if that were true, maybe there's a chance of importing PC savegames onto the PS3 version?

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Deus Ex: Human Revolution did almost the same thing. You bought a retail copy of the game, but you had to install via Steam anyway. I'm guessing that's how ME3 will work with Origin.

@Chainz: Well, that's another issue, isn't it? I'm used to playing this franchise on the PC, so it'd be weird for me, I think, to switch to the PS3. Also, they may opt for transferring ME2 savegames to ME3 PS3 version instead of another comic. Then again, if that were true, maybe there's a chance of importing PC savegames onto the PS3 version?

Considering that PC and Xbox 360 players later got the comic as an optional add-on, I'm guessing what they'll do is have the comic run by default, but be disabled if the player imports their save.

Had to do that for DNF recently as well. PITA. If I've got to shell out "big bucks" (>$50+) for a PC game, the install discs out to as least have all the game files on them so that client servers like Valve/etc.. are effectively a backup as far as installation is concerned (ie: I shouldn't need to hook up online just to be able to install game on PC, online verification of authenticity and access to mmo like features being separate issues altogether).

With the crap we had to go through with the ToR giveaway.. I'll forgo using Origin until they get their *&$% straight :¬:

Yep... welcome to the future where you have to sign away ownership of your own computer and your right to privacy and willingly install corporate spyware in order to be able to enjoy a few hours of entertainment. Very disappointing but hardly surprising.

Cancelled my pre-order. It's a real shame, but there are other games I can spend my money on instead. :(

Well I guess I won't be playing. I'm not buying ME2 for the 360 and then spending the 80+ hours getting a save identical to my PC version so I can play ME3.

Like ChAiNz wrote for ME2 they offered a "interactive comic."

The consoles have an "interactive comic" add-on (ME2) that will allow you to choose 'certain' game campaign decisions. If they decide to add a similar mechanic to ME3, it might not be too bad... depending of course on how you feel about console play ;) hehehe

Basically a save game editor with pictures for the console. Well pictures and it cost money.

Here is the one for ME2 to show you what it is like.

(This BBCode requires its accompanying plugin to work properly.)

Chris Priestly said it wasn't spyware. Surely you can trust the tool of an evil corporate empire?

The same Chris Priestly who just a few months ago claimed that Mass Effect 3 would not require the Origin client to play? Why of course, completely trustworthy. :p

Kingdoms of Amalur Reckoning doesn't have DLC right? The reason EA won't put ME3 on Steam is because Steam requires any DLC the game has to be sold through Steam (not exclusively). That's why EA didn't remove all of their games from Steam. Just the ones where they have their own store to sell DLC.

• 2 weeks later...
Strange. I heard she, Garrus, Ashley/Kaidan, Liara and James Vega are confirmed to be permanent squad members. :p

Permanent ends at till death do us part.

@Achilles please use spoiler tags in the future, not everyone has your inside information. :xp:

Edit: The seem to already be preparing Mass Effect fanboys/fangirls. BioWare: Mass Effect 3 ending will "make some people angry"

Article really says nothing about nothing, but I did like this

"You'll get answers to everything.
I guess that means ChAiNz.2da will get the the answer to the most important question...What does Tali look like?

Archived