Home

Mass Effect 3

leXX

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reggie_Fils-Aime

On a different note, someone over at the official forums spotted something that is sure to cause a delicious outburst of collective anguish in the near future:

FemShep_Bishoujo.jpg

Cue FemShep fanboy/girl nerd rage in 3, 2, 1..... Although at least they were smart enough to wait until well after ME3's launch before unleashing it. ChAiNz, I guess you have something to look forward to when Tali inevitably gets the same treatment.

For those unfamiliar with Japanese bishoujo statues, and ME ones in particular, feast your eyes on this and the slight backflip after the resulting controversy.

I have nothing...

Back to ME3, the demo is out tomorrow, valentine's day and here are some details. It does include both the single player and the co-op modes, so you can play with that special someone on Valentine's Day instead of going out to dinner. Of course don't expect them to still be that special someone come Wednesday. :xp:

There is already a video on youtube, but it is pretty spoilerific, so find it yourself if you want to know. Haven't decided if I'm going to take a break from TOR to play the demo or not.

Interview with Mac Walters - http://www.gametrailers.com/side-mission/2012/02/13/mass-effect-3-how-lead-writer-mac-walters-has-crafted-a-conclusion-for-the-masses/

I thought the analogy to the Star Trek reboot was somewhat humorous, what with him painting the going after mass market yet throwing old fans the odd bone or two in a positive light. My take on the movie is that the hardcore Trek fans weren't exactly thrilled with the outcome. My hope would be that ME3 doesn't tread too much in those same footsteps, but I wouldn't be surprised given the constant harping on about what a great entry point in the series this is for new players.

Edit: Someone posted a teaser of the "Take Back Earth" pre-rendered launch trailer that will be debuting in its entirety in due course:

(This BBCode requires its accompanying plugin to work properly.)

Don't worry, it's just a demo. It's not representative of the final game quality. Remember when all those people that complained about the DA2 demo? Well they totally had egg on their face when the retail game came out and it was nothing like the demo and completely awesome. Oh, wait....

Hey I liked DA2...;)

I liked the ME3 demo too. Just finished it on roleplay and thought it was pretty good. Love the opening, didn't like the default female Shepard.

I'm getting too good at this... recreated my characters face without any pics to use as reference for my characters look in ME1 and 2 and... well... I seemed to have hit the mark lol

me3demo-lynk.jpg

I don't know why, probably some camera trickery but the skin tone is actually much darker than what is shown *shrugs*

Had to take a pic of the TV screen since I'm playing the 360 version of the demo... let you know what I think in a bit...

Damn azn's and their camera technology keeping us darkies down... or maybe it was just the exposure settings, white balance and all that other jazz I didn't bother to play with before taking it XD

So I played the demo over and over... on all three different settings... normal "rpg mode", story mode and action mode.

With RPG mode I noticed that there doesn't seem to be any neutral options any more, only 2 options were available with every dialogue choice. Didn't get any chances to pick anything that was specifically listed as Paragon or /Renegade but did get points accordingly for either of the two choices you picked during dialogue. Also, didn't come across a single hacking mini-game at all...

With Story Mode... it's basically just the regular game but you don't do any of the micromanaging with skill points and the enemies are really weak... you still play the game but it's just easy mode really.

Action mode is.... well... I'm going through it right now and it's still doing everything normally but with no dialogue choices... I assume it has none of the "rpg elements" in the game either like story mode but at that stage I couldn't be bothered going though it again lol

Also, the kid at the start doesn't know how to hold his toy spaceships... you're meant to hold them on the underside of the fuselage... stupid kid.

I noticed that there doesn't seem to be any neutral options any more, only 2 options were available with every dialogue choice.
This is one of the things that has kicked up a stink, with the devs trying to reassure everyone that is just for the demo and the full game has plenty of dialogue with more choices. Guess we'll see in a few weeks.

EDIT: On an unrelated note, just spotted this over at The Escapist. I'm not usually a fan of Critical Miss, finding it's title far too apt a description usually, but this one is ME3 related and stars Tali, so ChAiNz and our other resident Talimancers should appreciate it at least. Plus its dig at Chobot elicited a chuckle from me - http://www.escapistmagazine.com/articles/view/comics/critical-miss/9409-Mass-Effect

On the note of Jessica Chobot... when I heard she was in ME3 it seemed a little odd... very odd. But on the other hand, I'm kind of interested in the fact that Freddie Prinze, Jr is voicing James Vega.

He's not much of an actor and he hasn't been in much lately, but I still find it interesting because if he ends up being the least bit good in ME4 with the role he has, he could potentially get a good voice acting thing going and be in future video games. Who knows, maybe this'll be good for him.

Also...

chobot-allers-diana-jessic-mass-effect.jpg

What the hell am I looking at?

(Rhetorical question :carms:)

Archived