Home

Mass Effect 3

leXX

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Destroying military equipment and facilities makes sense, but random destruction of population centres is pointless, beyond providing some gratuitous Hollywood-style FX sequences. And in a completely inefficient manner to boot, as Sabretooth points out. The way to go would be some sort of tailored disease/virus. Wouldn't even need to be lethal, just make people passive and easy to round up for processing. Should be straight forward given that Reapers can fabricate completely new organisms like the Keepers and Collectors and turn a people milkshake into a giant sentient robot.

Maybe they just like blowing **** up? Nobody said they particularly value efficiency. In fact, given that they are stated to be beyond our comprehension it's a pointless exercise trying to guess their motivations/methodology. Could be like a particularly malevolent god figure that enjoys smiting the weak.

What's the point of terror, you ask? I'm sure in their malevolence, all of this is just to punish Shepard's constant resistance toward them... but the fact that you mention "Hollywood" pretty much puts all of our arguments and reasoning to sleep. After all, you can try and put sensible logic to every Hollywood action movie and find that not one of them makes sense... cause if they did, they'd all be BORING.

My point was the Bay-esque approach of mindless explosions and other FX as an end in themselves typifies everything that is wrong with Hollywood, and by extension the games industry seeing as they just want to make interactive movies (the AAA portion of the industry at least). There is no reason an action game (or movie) can't have all the flashy explosions and other stuff and yet also have a logical, internally consistent plot at the same time.

If you're in the UK and were planning to pick up a copy from your local GAME, don't bother.

GAME will not stock Mass Effect 3 in the UK.

Mass Effect 3 will not be stocked at Game stores across the UK, the high street chain has announced.

The Electronic Arts (EA) title is released at the end of next week.

Game has apologised to customers on its Facebook page but does not give a reason for not being able to supply Mass Effect 3.

"We're contacting you with news that, unfortunately we are not in a position to supply you with your copy of Mass Effect 3," said a statement.

"As dedicated gamers, we know how disappointing this will be for you, and we apologise sincerely for the inconvenience that this will cause."

Game customers who have pre-ordered the title will be given £5 in loyalty card reward points.

The high street chain has refused to comment on reports that other EA games could be affected from next month.

My point was the Bay-esque approach of mindless explosions and other FX as an end in themselves typifies everything that is wrong with Hollywood, and by extension the games industry seeing as they just want to make interactive movies (the AAA portion of the industry at least). There is no reason an action game (or movie) can't have all the flashy explosions and other stuff and yet also have a logical, internally consistent plot at the same time.

@ DP: So you're saying, because the Reapers are using charged particle beam cannon's to destroy cities and such on Earth at the beginning of the game, the plot of Mass Effect 3 must amount to a Michael Bay movie?

It's the opening set piece, not the entire game, what do you want? Jeebus. I'd like to at least play the game in full before I make any judgements about its plot and how everything fits together in the end. Hell, I've even seen all of the leaked content and am still holding off on my judgement. Let the final game have a chance of proving itself.

@ Astor: I don't understand that at all. Retailers down here in Australia got sick of waiting for copies of TOR so they imported in copies and sold them down here, breaking the release date by a month or so. EA can't do jack about it cause it's legal down here... is it different for you folks?

Incredibly p'd off. I hope to hell EA are sending GAME's stock to other places...I need the 360 CE. A five pound voucher is NOT what I wanted. In the space of 10 mins, the 360 version sold out on Blockbuster's website before, so all the websites listed by EA as UK sellers are now totally sold out of 360 CEs

At first I couldn't understand why GAME wasn't getting ME3, but isn't this the company that's going under?

Based on what article said, it looks like it's a possibility - I hadn't heard anything about the problems until I read that, but if they're unable to provide what's likely to be the biggest selling game of the year (plus a few things like the Vita), then something's clearly very wrong with their finances.

Based on what article said, it looks like it's a possibility - I hadn't heard anything about the problems until I read that, but if they're unable to provide what's likely to be the biggest selling game of the year (plus a few things like the Vita), then something's clearly very wrong with their finances.

Yeah, this is not good for the GAME.

I notice some comments at some of these articles on this ...and people are worried about future and existing game pre orders...where some are cancelling the ones at GAME to set up a pre -order for these games and future.

GAME should have made some deal for existing pre-orders and stop taking new ones for EA. This is like if COD pre orders were just dropped.

EA or stores in the UK might get those cancelled ones so you might see stores saying we have more CEs.

I doubt this would happen but it would be nice if the pre-order person could be attached to that game so they can get it sent by EA directly to them.

My heart goes out to those who lost their pre-orders, I know I would be pissed if this happen to me.

"Freddie Prinze Jr...of the 90's"

Err...I think someone just got told they're no longer relevant.

I didn't know Freddie Prinze Jr was ever relevant.

Very interesting vid Alkonium, thanks for sharing. My only gripe is where is my space hamster? and my old automatic fish feeder?

Remember this is a late in the game view of the ship,..

meaning maybe Tali is heading the Quarian fleet - replacing her father. That's my guess =)

I can't wait to play this game!

I have a few different saved me2 games as well as the genius for me2 so i can always create a new build- and want to see how the different missing me2 or me1 characters affect the story, or tweak it. =)

Archived