Home

Mass Effect 3

leXX

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ugh... Finally got around to playing ME3.

I tried my darndest to avoid spoilers, but I had already heard about how bad the ending was. I don't mind the endings themselves, just that nothing I did mattered. Still had the 3 and a half endings to choose from. save or kill kaiden, save or kill Wrex, help people or don't, and you still get those 3 and a half choices. And no matter what, there's not really any way to "win"

If you're saying that Wii players don't know RPG then you're wrong. In fact, Nintendo fans tend to value RPG elements over action much more from my experience.

Add to that the fact that Microsoft has publishing rights to ME1 which is why you'll never see it outside of Windows and Xbox makes this whole thing even worse and entirely pointless considering the game is centered around the entire long three game journey to the (crappy) ending.

I am interested to see how it does on Wii U, but it at this stage the random ports of games seems so half-hearted or less because there's no effort or sign of those developers trying to bring the other games on the series to Nintendo fans. If Capcom can do it with all of the important Resident Evil games for the GameCube when they released Resident Evil 0, REmake and Resident Evil 4, then surely the developers who are finally landing on Wii U can do the same.

I guess the advantage Wii U players will have (for those who haven't played ME1/2 on other systems at least) is coming to the finale without too many preconceived notions or expectations. The ending won't suck any less, but with no real investment it likely won't colour the rest of the experience as much as it tends to do for those that have played the series since the beginning.

Lynk - I never said they weren't, I know how immersed they are into RPG

What I meant was that if they are gonna release it, it's just for the action because if it actually was for the RPG then they'd actually bother releasing the other two on Wii U, and I doubt that's gonna happen

As has been said several times, including just two posts up, ME1 was published by Microsoft and as such will never be released on platforms outside their control. There's no other reason for it, certainly not genre. As for ME2, it's not impossible but highly unlikely. If EA had the ME1 rights it's quite conceivable that they would port both ME1 and 2 to the Wii U (and ME1 to PS3), but without 1 they probably won't see a lot of mileage in funding a standalone port of ME2.

• 2 weeks later...

with all the negativity passed around in this thread, i'm kinda curious about the response i might get here. anyways, does anybody play the multiplayer on the PC version?? i've been playing it for a while now because i'm bored, and i've been wanting to put together a team for a couple of gold missions and maybe a platinum mission.

anybody interested??? or do sense more cynicism heading my direction?? XP

with all the negativity passed around in this thread, i'm kinda curious about the response i might get here. anyways, does anybody play the multiplayer on the PC version?? i've been playing it for a while now because i'm bored, and i've been wanting to put together a team for a couple of gold missions and maybe a platinum mission.

anybody interested??? or do sense more cynicism heading my direction?? XP

I play regularly.

I consider myself skill level currently between silver and gold.

I'd certainly be up for some games. :)

yeah, when i can fit it into my budget, i'll call you. ;)

@JesusIsGonnaOwnSatan - my Origin tag is the same as my LF username, so shoot me a friend request. ;)

Sent invite. Sorry for the delay; had to sort out something with my account.

I'm looking forward to Operation Patriot; always liked same-race or class runs. Have you got a team ready for it? :)

(This BBCode requires its accompanying plugin to work properly.)

This is definitely how it should have ended.

You know, a lot of HISHE's videos have been so-so. But this one's actually pretty good! :lol:

Sent invite. Sorry for the delay; had to sort out something with my account.

I'm looking forward to Operation Patriot; always liked same-race or class runs. Have you got a team ready for it? :)

i have at least one of each race unlocked, so i'm pretty flexible. just promoted most of my builds earlier this week, though. :fist:

i have at least one of each race unlocked, so i'm pretty flexible. just promoted most of my builds earlier this week, though. :fist:

I was meaning if you had a group of players to play with. Patriot is going to be hard to do unless you have some friends to play with, or a mic to ask randoms in pug lobbies. ;)

Though yeah, having classes unlocked and leveled is obviously a good idea. The importance changes with difficulty though, so if everyone doesn't have required leveled characters, just drop the difficulty for the match.

• 2 months later...

some quick news, if you haven't already heard about it. Mass Effect 3 has a new single-player DLC called "Omega". i've gotten it and played all the way through it. its about 4 missions long, and you don't get any of your ME3 squadmates with you this time. instead, you'll do the majority of the missions side-by-side with Aria T'Loak and a new character to the ME universe.

all in all, it took me about an hour to complete each mission, so there's a sizeable chunk of gameplay here. there's two new enemies to combat, but most of the enemies are the familiar Cerberus variety. the story plays out pretty well, but its nothing spectacular. the best aspect of the story is how much my paragon character contrasted with Aria who is, predictably, very much a renegade.

the main complaints that i had was a number of animation related bugs during cutscenes, and a noticeable lack of music during the last cutscene altogether. otherwise, gameplay was up to par with the vanilla game, which is to say that its excellent. combat was equally good as it was consistently challenging throughout. the locations are superb and highly detailed, and the environments are laid out naturally.

all in all, if you're a fan of the way ME3 plays, then Omega is a very good DLC pack that will give you about what you'd expect and perhaps a bit more. if you're one of the people that wants to completely write off the game because you didn't like the ending, then Omega isn't likely to change your mind. for me: 8/10.

Archived