Home

Mass Effect 3

leXX

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If there showed any interest there could be a nintendo vs capcom, though unlikely at this point. Nintendo vs DOA would be more likely if only by a hair's breadth. I say this cuz you never know what the future brings. Certainly never thought I'd see a sonic vs mario game. Crossovers are always good. MvC 2 has stayed strong all these years. Can't say the same of its successor, though.

Why you think would they not bother with M.E.?

There's Capcom VS Sega VS Namco Bandai coming to the 3DS.

And Namco Bandai is making the next Smash Bros. at least the 3DS version...

And they won't bother with Mass Effect cause 1. Nintendo and EA, aren't in the best relationship at the moment, things are ice cold between them... 2. there's only been one Mass Effect game on a Nintendo system and it was a half-assed port... and 3. Snake comes from a series that practically makes fun of itself within the game itself and Sonic is a no-brainer. Mass Effect takes itself too seriously to be any part of Smash Bros. a game which is just full of silliness.

That said, if I were to have any character from any game be a part of Smash Bros. it'd be Master Chief... just think, Mario vs Sonic vs Snake vs Master Chief. You know you all want it.

HOT damn a 3fer? I think I have to go change now...

I haven't been really displeased with bandai namco overall, not that I've followed everything they've ever done. I hope that's a good thing.

Oh...I didn't realize there was tension between Nintendo and EA.

Well...I liked Mounty Oum's film haloid, and dead fantasy was pretty nice. I know, not games.

Hell yea I'd want it.

Still...

Yea, I can see where they would be incompatible. Serious with not serious rarely if ever goes well together.

• 3 weeks later...

I think it is worth the price. Yeah, Omega sucked and Leviathan got boring combat wise. This, however, made me wanna play ME3 again. I got the wrap up with my characters that I wanted. Plus I got to watch a movie with tali. boom shacka laka.

I laugh cause none of these DLC are coming to the Wii U version of ME3... EA must really hate Nintendo right now.

I just looked at some videos of Citadel judging strictly from them, I say EA must really love Nintendo, not to subject them to this crap.

Most of you know I am normally a defender or BioWare, but this crap is sellout drivel. What did the do go though every whinny post on their forum and add every superficial suggestion to one DLC. I watched the party one and the Tali romance, please tell me the rest is better than this and this really isn't the crap I think it is. If it is all like this, then Horse armor was a better buy. :D

The mission/plot was a stupid premise (but yeah, Walters). It was obvious they felt they must include combat, so they cooked up that. I would have preferred they scrapped that entirely and just focused on the fan service bit to be honest.

That being said however, I did like the concept of everyone coming along and actively taking part in the mission, rather than off-screen stuff like in, for example, ME2's suicide mission or ME1's Virmire base infiltration. It always annoys me these days that party-based games are so ridiculously small. You have this large group of maybe a dozen people but only let 2 of them tag along when you are inevitably going up against far superior numbers? Fair enough a combat unit may be most effective at around 5 people, but you would sure as hell be sending out the rest as well in additional squads.

For the fan service stuff, there's not much to say. There were some quite funny moments, but I thought the party element probably dragged on too long and the individual hookups were too short.

If anyone asked me (which they never do) the I would say it was rushed and seemed that, although enjoyable, the characters contribution ultimately led up to 3 almost clichéd endings that all looked the same (the extended cut just added more and solved nothing).

That is my rather biased opinion on this matter.

Show spoiler
(hidden content - requires Javascript to show)
Legion_zpscbd88507.jpg

Finished Citadel. My opinion is basically this:

The mission story is a little ridiculous, and the rest is 100% fan-service. However, it's the best fan-service I've ever seen. It was entertaining and genuinely hilarious all throughout, and it was a much better send-off for these characters than the main game or the Extended Cut gave.

I really found the main plot ridiculous (and so damn *cheesy*), but halfway through, I decided to not bother and just roll with it - became a lot more enjoyable. :p

The DLC was full of self references to the series, and a bunch of ones directed towards the MP playerbase, which I got a kick out of (also some external references - [Grunt: "Are you a wizard?" :lol: ]).

Really liked the party sequence. Some really funny moments in there, and yeah, I think it was a much better sendoff to the characters than anything the main game ever did.

Great to see Zaeed in there as well.

On another note, I wonder if this may have had any influence on the creation of this DLC?

Show spoiler
(hidden content - requires Javascript to show)
mass_effect3_how_it_should__ve_ended_by_hellstern-d4stwab.jpg

I played Citadel with my first (and as yet, only) completed series playthrough. My Shepard didn't romance anyone, except Kelly in ME2; I was disappointed in her lack of inclusion in the DLC. For example, when asked 'why he was single', my Shepard replied that it was because he 'just hadn't found the right one' (right after reaffirming his relationship with Kelly in the same ME3 playthrough). The devs couldn't include everyone, and they have had a previous policy of downgrading Kelly's importance, so the decision is understandable. Still disappointed though - Kelly's the most psychologically stable* and attractive love interest in the series, IMO. She's the only LI to be disregarded like this in the series (excluding, perhaps Diana Allers. But I haven't even read about that, so I don't know).

*Well, until ME3

TBH I feel a little sad now that Shepard's story is over; I'm going to miss him and the Normandy crew. The series may have been fumbled with in the later instalments, but as a whole, the Mass Effect series was a memorable one. The writing wasn't that great, and the gameplay was alright, but the thing it did the best, and what I think it will be remembered for in the future, is its emotional engagement - some of the best in its generation, IMO. I have to tip my hat, and give my thanks to Bioware for that.

This series will have a special place in my feels for years to come.

I feel like a bad person for wanting to play Citadel, but I'm reinstalling ME3 right now and gonna check it out tonight. The Citadel is my favorite area in any Mass Effect game so I have some hopes that it will be fun.

Yeah you really don't need to bother playing either Omega or Leviathan. Just watch them on Youtube. Citadel is actually pretty good though, as long as you don't mind blatant fan service and the occasional 4th wall breaking comment. I consider it the real end to ME3. Just imagine the game finishes there and forget all the stuff that happens on Earth.

As time goes on, and I start to forget about ever having played ME3 (just b/c I was so heartbroken about how it ended so poorly), all I can think about is the ending of that movie 'Wargames' where the computer says "A strange game. The only winning move is not to play."

Sounds about right to me.

Archived