Home

Friday Update: Timeline Update ? Rebirth of the Sith Empire

News

This Friday the main update is a new entry to the holorecord timeline narrated once again by Master Gnost-Dural. Today’s update is of particular interest to lore buffs because we finally learn more about the Sith Purebloods and a rare glimpse into the foundation of the new (old?) Sith Empire. Quote from BioWare (Source) In [...]

Read the full story at starwarsmmo.net...

Pretty awesome update! My only gripe is the continued effort to make this era indistinct from the era of the movies, thus detaching it from its more unique KOTOR roots. It is surely no accident that the Dark Council member that Viken is shown speaking to wears a red robe that is completely identical to Palpatine's robe in Revenge of the Sith.

Looking forward to the Great Hyperspace War.

And so we have it... the advent of the star destroyer. A prototype.

The grand moff Odiel Viken: This guy, I cannot help but question if he wasn't perhaps inspired by German nazis of Hitler. I don't have much to go off of to support this, unfortunately.

*Killed* a Terenatek? Where many jedi failed the same in the galaxy...Wow. Must've been a *super* badass.

As to the loyalty, it will be interesting to see how they explain this. Will it be similar to the numerous seminars eugenicists have had on society building? IIRC a speech by Oswald in the sixties went a little something (paraphrase off my memory or lack thereof) "People can be made to love their leaders, to be made to love their servitude, to be made to love living in conditions that by any decent standard they ought not to. People can be conditioned and trained to be loyal." Kind of dreadful but I suppose it makes for an interesting story. Here we have the making of this Empire's first grand moff landmarks of a larger landmark in history.

I tend to shudder at how much is being borrowed from the films. I just hope this isn't a near verbatim. The design of imperial garb gives me hope ot won't *all* be.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived