Home

Skyrim: Elder Scrolls 5

Nedak

• Replies 610
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'd say armor/weapon/item only DLCs are even more worthless on TES/Fallout games by Bethesda than they are in Bioware games. At least on the former you can mod such items in with relative ease, which is otherwise impossible or very limited on the Edmonton studio's games of late. Bethesda's DLCs must therefore contain an expanded storyline, much like F3's.

New review from PCGamer. Probably one of the best ones I've read as the reviewer went his own way rather than follow the story. No spoilers, just a "telling" of his character's events. :D

Seems lockpicking is more like FO3 (thanks goodness) and riding/steering your horse is as easy as guiding your own character (same controls).

Definitely worth the read.

http://www.pcgamer.com/2011/10/18/the-elder-scrolls-v-skyrim-preview/

Meh, they just stole that from FO1/2 which was Interplay/Black Isle, so much of a muchness. The point is, the less stupid consoletard mini-games and the more actual RPGishness, the better.

haha.. true enough! Just picking on ya.. hehe

It would be hard pressed to find an original idea nowadays. Even Dead Island (which I'm enjoying surprisingly enough) stole Mass Effect's weapon wheel, aka NWN's action wheel, aka .. etc etc. :lol:

The game is sounding like ten tons of joy so far. Don't think I've ever been this excited for a game in a long time. :D

I apologize in advance if this post is not pessimistic enough to post in this thread.

Definitely worth the read.

Really good read ChAiNz… Thank you for sharing it. Mud craps notwithstanding, I haven’t seen anything about Skyrim that doesn’t have me excited. I’m thinking I have found the majority of my distractions between November 11th and March 6th with Skyrim.

I even turned down going to Columbia MO November 12 for the Longhorn vs Tigers game.

Hmmm....apparently the main quest can be finished in 2 hours.

Doesn't worry me in the least. I'm sure I could finish many of the games I play quickly if I didn't not want to explorer and find all the good stuff.

Hell I can drink a beer in two gulps, doesn't mean I have to drink a beer in two gulps. :guiness:

Oblivion (main quest) could be beaten in under 2 hours too (legitimately). I used to do it all the time just to avoid a super-hard "keep martin alive" endfight.. hehe

You're only fighting scamps, elementals, and maybe a clanfear at that low level.

Glitched, can be beaten in under 5 minutes ;)

Agree with mimartin doesn't worry me any... I'm so much of loose cannon in sandbox, I'll probably forget what the main quest was after 15 minutes. I get sidetracked way too easily in "grand-scape" sandbox games. :xp:

"Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion swallowed months of our lives and its sequel, Skyrim is expected to be even bigger. But it can be finished in two hours if you know how.

Unsurprisingly, Bethesda staff know how. The studio held one of its apparently traditional speed run contests in which QA man Sam Bernstein took on level designer Jeff Brown in a sprint to the endgame in the epic RPG.

It was a close call. Brown managed it in a stonking 2:16:30. But Sam Bernstein breezed past the end game in 2:16:10. That's a difference of just 20 seconds - an almost Top Gear-style unbelievable result. As you can see, he was pretty pleased with his victory."

*shrugs*

"It was a close call. Brown managed it in a stonking 2:16:30. But Sam Bernstein breezed past the end game in 2:16:10. That's a difference of just 20 seconds - an almost Top Gear-style unbelievable result. As you can see, he was pretty pleased with his victory."

You can finish the main quest in Morrowind in 30 minutes, so I don't think how quickly a speedrunner can reach the end says much about the actual mass of content in a game. Or how long it would take for the average gamer to get there. :)

Archived