Home

Skyrim: Elder Scrolls 5

Nedak

Technically, the "soft" level cap that the game is designed around is 50, but the hard level cap, which would be reached by maxing out all of your skills is approximately 81.

Like I wrote, I was at level 4 at the time, so I was only going by what I read. According to that the cap at release is 50 and the final cap would be around 75.

What I can't get over is

A level 5 PC could kill a dragon so easily. With only a simple shock spell and a steal sword. Didn't even have a bow because I sold it for gold to purchase one handed training. Didn't expect to see dragons so soon.

• Replies 610
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Like I wrote, I was at level 4 at the time, so I was only going by what I read. According to that the cap at release is 50 and the final cap would be around 75.

What I can't get over is

A level 5 PC could kill a dragon so easily. With only a simple shock spell and a steal sword. Didn't even have a bow because I sold it for gold to purchase one handed training. Didn't expect to see dragons so soon.

Yeah well, how soon dragons appear in the game depends on what quests you do.

On another playthrough i didn't face dragons until i was at level 25.

FWIW, my level 5 Nord found a necklace of waterbreathing in Riverwood for 938 gold :)

I've found a couple of waterbreathing items as loot, but as an Argonian I laugh at the need for puny trinkets for such things.

OK now you two are just rubbing it in :xp:

STILL haven't found one.. hehehe :fist:

There's one place where a waterbreathing potion or spell is useful:

Show spoiler
(hidden content - requires Javascript to show)
Northwest of Winterhold there's ship graveyard at the bottom of the sea which requires a fair bit of diving to get to. It's listed on the map as Pilgrim's Trench.

Btw, has anyone found a spell to fortify carry weight? Like the feather spells from Oblivion? I'm tired of running to town to sell gear after only exploring one or two dungeons...

There are always potions of waterbreathing (Chicken Egg/Histcarp/Nordic Barnacle) or the spell. Do you need to do that much swimming? I found it less useful that I had hoped, as most situations where you might think it would be useful for stealth the water is too shallow and you can still be spotted by archers/guards.

Not so much as "need".. it's now just more of an obsession.. :lol:

My homebrew potions currently have a 60sec time limit each.. so I'm good as far as exploration. ;)

I just want one now because the game seems to taunt me with the fact it isn't going to let me get it.. hehe :fist:

Btw, has anyone found a spell to fortify carry weight? Like the feather spells from Oblivion? I'm tired of running to town to sell gear after only exploring one or two dungeons...
No spells, but I've found a few items (iron boots, leather boots, and the mask/helmet mentioned above).

Just now, when i fast travelled, i saw a 3D model of a 'statue' with about eight Dragon Priest masks.

Are we supposed to collect the masks and return them to this statue?

Edit: btw, anyone know of any confirmed locations to find/buy ebony ingots/ore? I need a total of 13 ebony ingots just to make the deadra armor pieces(which looks really familiar for some reason), and another 4 to upgrade the armor. Another ingredient i need for those armor pieces are Deadra hearts, where do i find those?

btw, anyone know of any confirmed locations to find/buy ebony ingots/ore? I need a total of 13 ebony ingots just to make the deadra armor pieces(which looks really familiar for some reason), and another 4 to upgrade the armor. Another ingredient i need for those armor pieces are Deadra hearts, where do i find those?

Show spoiler
(hidden content - requires Javascript to show)
Tons of ebony ore can be found at Gloombound Mine which is a part of Narzulbur, an Orc stronghold southeast of Windhelm, although you'll need to complete a quest for the Orcs to get in.

As for Deadra hearts, most alchemy shops sell them at random when you reach a high enough level. The shaman at the Orc settlement mentioned above sells a few, but that too seems to be random.

You can steal one from Kodlak Whitemane's quarters in Jorrvaskr in Whiterun.

You can also steal one from the Hall of the Vigilant south of Dawnstar.

You can find two in the alchemy lab of Nightcaller Temple during the Waking Nightmare quest in Dawnstar.

I'm not one for screenshotting as a general rule, but I just remembered that I took this one last night. It was while I was on a stakeout, waiting to assassinate some hapless fool. The sky particularly caught my eye. I hadn't seen the aurora that colourful previously - it had always been a bit more of a uniform greenish colour. I'm not sure if it was the overcast conditions or some other factor, or just how it was meant to be. At first I thought it might have been a sunset/sunrise related thing, but I checked the in-game time and it was about 11.30pm. Anyway, enjoy:

th_Skyrim_Aurora.jpg

Are any of you using mods in addition to the game? I saw a few mods mentioned that make NPCs, Trees, over all graphics, and etc look better.

I always play at least one game mod-free.. then it's a free-for-all. ;)

Haven't tried any yet.. waiting on Beth's tools so custom ID FORMS are more reliable. I don't trust just using TESsnip on it's own ... hehe

From the comments on Nexus though.. the few mods that are out seem to work just fine. Most of them are just text .bat files launched from the console anyways (barring the graphic over-haul mods).

Are any of you using mods in addition to the game? I saw a few mods mentioned that make NPCs, Trees, over all graphics, and etc look better.
I have a few tweaks in mind that I will end up making once the toolset comes out if someone doesn't beat me to it, but I'm not seeing a whole lot that needs to be outright modded.

The only actual mod I'm using atm is the better night sky one, not that I've seen much of it yet with all the clouds around. I also used the Large Address Aware EXE patch, so it can address more RAM. Haven't noticed any framerate improvements, but I haven't had any crashes since, which seems to be the common experience. I still need to implement the better shadows INI tweak, as the default ones are terrible.

Mahrunes Shrine?

I haven't found that one yet...

East of Morthal, up the top of the mountain. Just look for the giant smarmy looking bloke. You'll find it as part of a quest chain, and can't get inside the actual shrine unless on that quest. I don't think any Daedra spawn outside it randomly.

EDIT: Had to add this. Awesome trick shot:

[youtube=hd]xE4uzGaQDQg

Archived