Home

Skyrim: Elder Scrolls 5

Nedak

• Replies 610
  • Created
  • Last Reply

:) I mostly asked because i haven't actually gotten through any TES game yet.

And i have both Morrowind and Oblivion...

Edit: I got past the glitch i mentioned earlier on another save. :) And though interesting, that is not what i felt was worth double posting about. :)

Show spoiler
(hidden content - requires Javascript to show)
Near the end of the Dark Brotherhood questline i get to use a horse called Shadowmere (this horse has an interesting intro), later i get over encumbered and choose to try the horse (which luckily happened to be nearby) and found it moved faster than i did on foot. I then chose to try and leave a marker on a nearby town, only to find i was fast travelling instead.

I will be double checking this soon. :)

Edit: Yep, it worked. :) Man, i love this horse...

Edit2: Btw, does anyone know where one can find more Blades armor? I found (i think) all of the pieces of the armor at Sky Haven Temple, but seem to have lost the armor section somewhere...

Yep, there were a couple Shadowmere exploits in Oblivion too. Since he couldn't die you could "kill" him, "search" him, and put your equipment on his body. To get your stuff back you'd just kill him again haha. Interesting that he makes another appearance.

Still don't have this game yet since my xbox is at school and that would just be bad. Looking forward to it over winter break though :)

:( The horse Shadowmere was just killed.

I found on a wiki:

Show spoiler
'If Shadowmere dies wait long enough for his body to de-spawn and return the the place where he died and he will be standing there alive.', i have real idea what thatmeans exactly.

Wait long enough for his body to de-spawn?

How long is that exactly? I want my horse back...

Edit: Taak? I prefer the Steel Armor myself, or Ebony... On just looks alone that is. :)

Daedric Armor looks bloody badass. Worth investing into Smithing

If you join The Companions, you'll get acces to a Smith who can teach you upto Master level. Also, using leather and leather strips, you can constantly make leather bracers that will level you quickly, relatively cheap.

Currently trying to craft mine...on the look for Deadra hearts!

Yeah I posted that several days ago, but I think everybody was too busy playing to notice. It's odd whatever the future plan for the game is. If it was DLC, why not just add it later? Seems more likely it was cut content, but I guess we'll find out eventually.

It's not just there to provide an accurate distant land view (and prevent the player from ever encountering any "end of the world" glitches), since the game has no skybox that draws mountains and other distant landmarks?

Haven't explored that much around the boundraries of the Skyrim map so don't know how much you can actually see of other provinces from within the game areas you normally can go to. But it sounds like one explanation at least.

Edit: I'm kinda hoping that i'll find the eight masked dragon priests through high hrothgar and Arngeir...

As far as I have been able to tell there are no direct pointers or hints to where the priests are found. Most of them seems to be found either outdoors near word walls, or inside dungeons/crypts/ruins, either guarding walls or as part of some side quest for that dungeon. One of them is encountered near the end of the main storyline.

The ones I've found so far:

Show spoiler

Nahkriin - at Skuldafn (outdoors, main quest)

Morokei - inside Labyrinthian

Krosis - at Shearpoint by the Word Wall (outdoors)

Rahgot - in Forelhost barrow

Volsung - in Volskygge barrow

Vokun - in High Gate Ruins

Otar - in Ragnvald barrow

Hevnoraak - in Valthume barrow

It seems that while Arngeir can point you in the direction of most of the Word Walls, he won't give you the location of ones located within sealed places that only open as part of a plot arc. It seems like the Imperial/Stormcloak, Dark Brotherhood, Thieves Guild, Mage College and Companions plot arcs each have one Word Wall inside a locked dungeon that can only be reached by doing their quests. :/

Thanks stoffe. :)

Did you see my previous posting about the wooden mask? (for those that missed it: It seems that if you put on that wooden mask when in the same room as the statue in labyrinthian your taken back in time to when the room was sealed, and still intact. It also seems that you can place each mask in its own slot on that statue.)

I look forward to finding out exactly that statue does when i place all eight masks there. :)

So after 34 hours, my conclusion concerning the engine is that if this is not Gamebryo, then Gamebryo was unfairly criticised for the issues in Fallout 3/NV and Oblivion. Pretty much all the same issues are still present, so presumably whatever proprietary Gamebryo code they stripped out was not responsible. My particular favourite in this new incarnation is that they seem to have ramped up the wacky item physics to a point now where most buildings seem to be perpetually possessed by poltergeist (say that 3 times fast), with dishes and such flying about all over the place every time you enter.
Read today and confirmed when I got home that the paranormal activity is a function of having v-sync turned off (or more specifically that the physics engine freaks out when the graphics start pushing frame rates too high; an issue which v-sync prevents).

Turned v-sync on when I got home. No tearing, no poltergeists, no funky water flickering in any indoor areas that contain water.

Ah, I see. Kind of lame, but I guess I'll have to switch that sucker back on.

EDIT: Patch is out now for PS3 and tomorrow for 360 and PC. Patch notes -

UPDATE 1.2 NOTES (all platforms unless specified)

Improved occasional performance issues resulting from long term play (PlayStation 3)

Fixed issue where textures would not properly upgrade when installed to drive (Xbox 360)

Fixed crash on startup when audio is set to sample rate other than 44100Hz (PC)

Fixed issue where projectiles did not properly fade away

Fixed occasional issue where a guest would arrive to the player’s wedding dead

Dragon corpses now clean up properly

Fixed rare issue where dragons would not attack

Fixed rare NPC sleeping animation bug

Fixed rare issue with dead corpses being cleared up prematurely

Skeleton Key will now work properly if player has no lockpicks in their inventory

Fixed rare issue with renaming enchanted weapons and armor

Fixed rare issue with dragons not properly giving souls after death

ESC button can now be used to exit menus (PC)

Fixed occasional mouse sensitivity issues (PC)

General functionality fixes related to remapping buttons and controls (PC)

Archived