Home

Skyrim: Elder Scrolls 5

Nedak

• Replies 610
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Went with the Stormcloaks because

1) The Imperials were asses

2) It kind of gave me Winter War vibes fighting for the independence of a nordic country

3) I dont like being sentenced to death for no reason :xp:

I was very dissappointed when it turned out the Stormies were racist, white power retards and i couldnt just kill everyone...

I got this game just before Christmas, in expectation of the new gaming computer I knew my brother was looking into getting for me. The thing is a beast, especially compared to the other computers I've owned in my life - I've never been able to play a game sooner than a year, even a year and a half, after its original release. So I knew that the first game I played on it had to be one that would blow away anything I'd played before. I believe I chose well.

I chose Imperial as my race, though at the time I was entirely ignorant of base stat boosts and such. My playstyle is called Spellsword, according to a friend of mine who has the official strategy guide: I wear heavy armour (Legendary Daedric, if you're curious), use a sword in one hand (also Legendary Daedric, if I'm not fighting a dragon; Dragonbane if I am) and expert level Destruction Magic in the other.

I joined the Stormcloaks for no other reason than I hate the Thalmor. With a burning passion. I slaughter any I find on the road. It's worth the ~300 septim bribe I hand out to any nearby guards afterwards, just to see those arrogant sods dead. I did find Windhelm's population a disappointment, though, in their random bigotry. Next time I plan on avoiding the civil war sidestory entirely, to be honest. As well as the Dark Brotherhood storyarch, which I've found fairly feable so far to be honest.

My next character will likely be a complete shift in play style. I'll likely go with a Khajit, to take advantage of their stealth and theiving bonuses. Looking forward to it, especially once I get it high enough in level to justify going for the Nightingale armour.

I joined the Stormcloaks for no other reason than I hate the Thalmor. With a burning passion.

Both sides hate the Thalmor equally, and as a true son of Cyrodiil, I have no problem with both serving the Legion, and slaughtering Thalmor.

Also, something doesn't look quite right about Fluttershy-Alduin.

I joined the Stormcloaks for no other reason than I hate the Thalmor. With a burning passion. I slaughter any I find on the road. It's worth the ~300 septim bribe I hand out to any nearby guards afterwards, just to see those arrogant sods dead.

There are thankfully several ways to kill Thalmor without getting a bounty on your head. In most cases you can just talk to them and ask what's wrong with worshipping Talos and they'll attack you first, allowing you to put them out of their misery without getting any bounty. :)

Also, if you join the Companions in Whiterun and advance far enough in that plotline to be invited into The Circle, you can...

Show spoiler
(hidden content - requires Javascript to show)
shapechange into your Werewolf form and tear the Thalmor to pieces. As long as nobody see you changing in or out of your wherewolf form no crimes you commit while in Beast form will be pegged on you. If you do the Hircine quest (starts in the Falkreath prison by talking to the guy in one of the cells) and pick up the Ring of Hircine you can use it to change to werewolf form as many times per day as you wish. If you have a follower, be sure to park them somewhere out of sight before going werewolf though, or they might attack you.

Killing Thalmor squads in werewolf form is pretty easy since your attacks are incredibly powerful. You can often one-hit kill them with the sprint-power attack move.

And there's also the classic Elder Scrolls method of being allowed to kill someone without being considered a criminal, the Frenzy line of Illusion spells. If they don't see you while you cast the spell it won't affect your criminal record, and they'll attack you (and each other) first, allowing you to kill them without legal consequences.

All handy tools for putting down any Thalmor you encounter. :)

Both sides hate the Thalmor equally, and as a true son of Cyrodiil, I have no problem with both serving the Legion, and slaughtering Thalmor.

True, but the Empire isn't in any hurry to stand up to the Thalmor either. I'm pretty sure it was Mahatma Gandhi who said: "To believe something, but not live it, is dishonest".

There are thankfully several ways to kill Thalmor without getting a bounty on your head. In most cases you can just talk to them and ask what's wrong with worshipping Talos and they'll attack you first, allowing you to put them out of their misery without getting any bounty. :)

I'll have to try that next time - I've just been attacking them on sight, to be honest. :xp:

Also, if you join the Companions in Whiterun and advance far enough in that plotline to be invited into The Circle, you can...
Show spoiler
(hidden content - requires Javascript to show)
shapechange into your Werewolf form and tear the Thalmor to pieces. As long as nobody see you changing in or out of your wherewolf form no crimes you commit while in Beast form will be pegged on you. If you do the Hircine quest (starts in the Falkreath prison by talking to the guy in one of the cells) and pick up the Ring of Hircine you can use it to change to werewolf form as many times per day as you wish. If you have a follower, be sure to park them somewhere out of sight before going werewolf though, or they might attack you.

Killing Thalmor squads in werewolf form is pretty easy since your attacks are incredibly powerful. You can often one-hit kill them with the sprint-power attack move.

I have completed the Companions quest, actually. And I mean completed completed - I've already rid myself of their little secret.

And there's also the classic Elder Scrolls method of being allowed to kill someone without being considered a criminal, the Frenzy line of Illusion spells. If they don't see you while you cast the spell it won't affect your criminal record, and they'll attack you (and each other) first, allowing you to kill them without legal consequences.

I've used so little Illusion magic that I haven't even seen a Frenzy spelltome yet, to be honest. Or if I have, I've entirely forgotten it. I pretty much only use Destruction, with the occasional Magelight from Alteration when I'm in a dark enough area (Blackreach, for example).

Thanks for the tips, though. I'll definitely have to try egging them into attacking me first. :xp:

True, but the Empire isn't in any hurry to stand up to the Thalmor either. I'm pretty sure it was Mahatma Gandhi who said: "To believe something, but not live it, is dishonest".

True, but

If you break into the Embassy, you'll see that while the Thalmor want the Civil War to go on as long as possible, they do consider a Stormcloak victory preferable to an Imperial one.

Also, Ulfric is their unwitting puppet.

And I see it as both the Empire and the Thalmor playing the long game against each other.

I've used so little Illusion magic that I haven't even seen a Frenzy spelltome yet, to be honest. Or if I have, I've entirely forgotten it. I pretty much only use Destruction, with the occasional Magelight from Alteration when I'm in a dark enough area (Blackreach, for example).

I *think* Riverwood has a frenzy spell you can buy.. if not, definitely Whiterun mage.

I'm with stoffe on the use with Frenzy. I never really used it much in the other ES games, but something about it just feels right with Skyrim and it's my goto, default spell I have armed at most times (could also be that I'm a squishy rogue so it helps thin the numbers) :lol:

I'll just join the bandwagon of posting relevant videos...

(This BBCode requires its accompanying plugin to work properly.)

Gav's a freaking musical genius. Take a look at his other stuff.

I think I saw something on Facebook about him collaborating with Malukah on another Skyrim song.

I think I saw something on Facebook about him collaborating with Malukah on another Skyrim song.

Indeed they are.

On the killing Thalmor: I don't give a second thought on killing them. I don't even worry about the criminal consequences; I almost never get a bounty for when I do kill them. But in the event that I do, I always have enough gold to pay it off.

• 2 weeks later...
Happy Modding Day! Creation Kit, Skyrim Workshop, High-Res Texture Pack released!

They've also started uploading their Tutorial series on YouTube. (3) so far each over 10 minutes long. (links on source page).

Source

While excited, it's a bit on the late side.

Started ToR to fill in the downtime gap and well.. ToR rocks, so sorry Beth. Maybe when I return to Skyrim in a few weeks. Then again, ME3 is right around the corner..

While excited, it's a bit on the late side.

Started ToR to fill in the downtime gap and well.. ToR rocks, so sorry Beth. Maybe when I return to Skyrim in a few weeks. Then again, ME3 is right around the corner..

And Max Payne 3 is right around the corner after that. Fall and winter are already dedicated to GTA V and South Park respectively.

Maybe the DLC (along with a few community patches) may entice me to come back if I have downtime between games this summer, but I suspect that ship has sailed.

And Max Payne 3 is right around the corner after that. Fall and winter are already dedicated to GTA V and South Park respectively.

Maybe the DLC (along with a few community patches) may entice me to come back if I have downtime between games this summer, but I suspect that ship has sailed.

Exactly. Plus, I still haven't played Dark Souls or Batman: AC yet. Both a great and sucky year to be a gamer. TONS of great titles but so little time to play them :lol:

Sucks too, because I REALLY do love Skyrim.. and I have so many ideas for the CK. But I also know it's one of those games I'll eventually go back to (like Oblivion and Fallout) so I' might as well just play the newer titles for a bit and go from there.

Sucks too, because I REALLY do love Skyrim.. and I have so many ideas for the CK. But I also know it's one of those games I'll eventually go back to (like Oblivion and Fallout) so I' might as well just play the newer titles for a bit and go from there.
I really did love Skyrim's potential. There are pieces of a really great game. Unfortunately, I'm not sure that even the CK will be able to fix what's missing.

I'm hopeful that enough CAN be done to make it easier to gloss over the crap, but I'm too busy feeling ripped off to care right now.

I still haven't finished the first playthrough. I thought I would go back after finishing my smuggler in TOR, but that isn't happening. Even if I find a lull after finishing my 100th playthrough of ME3 going back and replaying ME and ME2 to see what happens in ME3 with all my decisions fresh in my mind, I still don't think Skyrim will get to priority, I feel the need to go back to New Vegas for some reason.

Maybe next year after all the mods are made.

Archived