Home

Skyrim: Elder Scrolls 5

Nedak

Hearthfire sounds rediculous, raising children? Total upkeep of a household complete with family sounds like "fun" but its not my thing, compared to what I'm used to (homeless sword roving). Settling down with a wife and kid is a cool feature but I don't know how interesting it would be compared to the default game.

• Replies 610
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sounds like Fable 2 and Fable 3 to me...

Been play Skyrim again, quit last time due to TOR. At level 20 on a new character. Did a Breton female, not playing with any mods beyond cosmetic mods (stuff where character creation and clothing looks better) and a UI mod. Like the character so much better and it makes the game more addictive to me.

Haven't made much headway in the major quest lines yet, just having too much fun running around and hacking stuff. Think I stopped last time after being head of the Companions, Mage College and almost done with the main quest. Well this time I have already seen more of the map than last and I am still 10 levels below where I was.

Haven't purchased Dawnguard, but really don't care for the vampire stuff. As far as I'm concern the only good vampire in the Empire is a dead vampire.

I'm with JIGOS - Hearthfire sounds like a mod collection, not an expansion pack. I counted the days before I got Dawnguard, and I adore the whole thing. Heathfire I can probably live without, at least until I get some extra cash.

I think Hearthfire's worth in Microsoft points is $5 USD, and it should be a comparable price on PS3 and Steam when it comes out on each respective platform, so I'll probably get it on release. But knowing publishers, us gamers down in Aus/NZ will probably get a 200% markup or something. >.>

I'm kind of looking forward to it if it adds some decent options. I'm not overly fond of any of the houses in the existing game.

I really liked the house in Windhelm (the place where the bloody murders happened, lol), but I hated the town. The only city I liked was Whiterun, so I just stayed in that little cottage for the whole game. I hope this mod expansion will have some existing house modification options.

If not, I'll just get one of the hundreds of Breezehome expansion mods there already are.

TES:Sims? Sounds a bit like the Keep management section in Neverwinter Nights 2 too, which I wasn't horribly fond of.

I was thinking of just that the other day (a mod combining aspects of The Sims with Skyrim - namely the range and depth of in-game activities). If I had any idea about modding, I might have tried to make it a reality, because I quite like the idea.

Wouldn't that technically be necrophilia, since she's (un)dead and all? :wonder:

...your point? :p

She can be convinced to become human, if you play your cards right. But regardless of what she is, it's apparent if you play the Dawnguard questline, that she has a (dead) heart of gold. So she's alright in my book.

You'll have to wait until you're the new emperor of Tamriel before you start another dynasty of dragonborns. :carms:

I don't want an empire; I just want some logical consistency in my game mechanics.

...just a little?

MadeInUSA.gif

Hahaha, I think you're probably right about that. :lol:

not playing with any mods beyond cosmetic mods (stuff where character creation and clothing looks better) and a UI mod.

I'm assuming that UI mod is SkyUI? That mod is absolutely essential. I have no idea what Bethesda was thinking when they designed the game's UI. It's absolutely horrible in terms of functional efficiency. SkyUI is everything the original UI should have been.

Along your guidelines of cosmetic changes, I highly recommend these mods:

A Quality World Map - With Roads (+ High Quality 3D Map)

Better Dynamic Snow

WATER - Water And Terrain Enhancement Redux

The Dance of Death - A Killmove Mod

Haven't purchased Dawnguard, but really don't care for the vampire stuff. As far as I'm concern the only good vampire in the Empire is a dead vampire.

The Dawnguard side of that expansion is all about making that sentiment a reality. :p

Been play Skyrim again, quit last time due to TOR. At level 20 on a new character. Did a Breton female, not playing with any mods beyond cosmetic mods (stuff where character creation and clothing looks better) and a UI mod. Like the character so much better and it makes the game more addictive to me.

I'm mostly using appearance-enhancing mods and new clothing/armor mods, as well as the PC Exclusive Animation Path and a ton of animation mods that makes my character move differently from everyone else. :)

A few mods other than those already mentioned I can recommend:

http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/17605

http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/12092

Dragon Bone Weapons Complete (it's not on Nexus any more, just the Steam workshop)

http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/1002

http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/9717

Don't tell the court mage in Solitude that, since she by all accounts is a vampire (try the Detect Dead spell near her). :p

If you want to kill vampires the Dawnguard DLC can still be worthwhile if you join the Dawnguard, since they're vampire hunter fanatics who's got plenty of work for you to deal with bloodsuckers. (Even though you'll be forced to work with a vampire, and even briefly become one, during the Dawnguard plotline.)

If you do get it, pick up the Better Vampires mod linked above and use it to reverse the vampiric condition so it makes more sense (i.e. being strongest when you're newly fed).

She can be convinced to become human, if you play your cards right. But regardless of what she is, it's apparent if you play the Dawnguard questline, that she has a (dead) heart of gold. So she's alright in my book.

Well, there is that. But then you'd need to stock up on a lifetime supply of eclipse arrows for Auriel's Bow first, since Vamp-Serana is the only one who can make them. :)

Well, there is that. But then you'd need to stock up on a lifetime supply of eclipse arrows for Auriel's Bow first, since Vamp-Serana is the only one who can make them. :)

That's true, but following this line of thought, I'd be a vampire hunter, and If so, there would be very little reason for me to blot out the sun. ;)

Either way, I wouldn't want to make Serana change what she is. Her vampirism juxtaposed with her good personality makes up a large part of her character. Take the vampirism away, and she's just another human, imo.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

A few screenshots of the upcoming DLC. From the look of things we'll be visiting Hermaeus Mora's realm. :)

Show spoiler
(hidden content - requires Javascript to show)
Skaal.jpg

Show spoiler
Netch.jpg

Show spoiler
Oblivion.jpg

Show spoiler
RavenRock.jpg

Show spoiler
RedoranGuard.jpg

Show spoiler
Seeker.jpg

Show spoiler
AshSpawn.jpg

Show spoiler
Cultist.jpg

Show spoiler
RedoranTavern.jpg

Looks pretty legit, I may end up buying this and Dawnguard, or maybe I won't. I could use some new armor on my PC and right now I'm preoccupied by the Winterhold College Eye of Magnus quest because Mirabelle Irvine is missing from the college and I'm supposed to speak with her. Apparently others have encountered this glitch too, I found a solution that respawns her in the midden but I haven't tried it yet, hopefully it works.

• 1 month later...
A few screenshots of the upcoming DLC. From the look of things we'll be visiting Hermaeus Mora's realm. :)

Hermaeus Mora, eh? I told that punk to go screw himself in my playthrough.. I wonder if that will have any impact on possible dealings with him in the DLC..?

...knowing Bethesda, it will probably make no difference at all. :¬:

Speaking of, does anyone else find it strange that the PC can exhibit such bravado/insolence in the faces of so many daedric lords, and survive? IMO it's basically plot protection. Case in point: Molag Bal, the daedric lord of domination and enslavement of mortals, letting you go from his cage, just because you asked. That's some bs right there.

Personally, I like to headcanon that the Dragonborn has some kind of 'political protection' from the Nine Divines, or something.

Anyone know when/how to start Dragonborn?

Don't know. The Xbox version is out, but the PC version won't arrive until, and I quote, "early 2013". How vague can you get?

Been a while since I've played Skyrim, but those look really good screens. Has Bethesda done anything with the engine/technical graphics? Either way it looks like they've taken some inspiration from the Morrowind conversion mod. >_>

Doubtful. They're probably Xbox screens, or they've been digitally tampered with. The original screenshots for Skyrim back in October '11 looked just as good.

Speaking of, does anyone else find it strange that the PC can exhibit such bravado/insolence in the faces of so many daedric lords, and survive? IMO it's basically plot protection. Case in point: Molag Bal, the daedric lord of domination and enslavement of mortals, letting you go from his cage, just because you asked. That's some bs right there.

True. I always found that disturbing so I stuck with the pleasant answers when dealing with Daedra Lords. :D The only one that (sort of) smites you for your insolence is Dagon, and the only one that threatens you is Sheogorath. But really, the whole quest with Molag Bal is serious BS.

Archived