Home

Turkeys voting for Christmas

Salzella

Seasonal topic title, yay.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2010/dec/13/barack-obama-us-healthcare-reforms

really, America?

If anyone can't access it, it being a UK article, it details the legal proceedings enacted by Henry Hudson, Virginia judge, against Barack Obama's healthcare reforms.

several issues:

a) healthcare ('natch, no doubt there's already a thread... but it's been dead for ages, needs some impetus.)

b) lawyers. scum of the earth? probably.

c) republicans: morons, yay/nay?

d) democracy. it's a joke everywhere, but this is an example of... etc etc etc.

We'll see how it goes but if there is in fact unconstitutional parts and overreach by the government in it (which wouldn't surprise me since "We have to pass it first and THEN we'll tell you what's in it"--Nancy Pelosi shutting out nonpartisan CSPAN to the proceedings signing it into law), then yes this is going to happen. Or at least the parts of it that fall under unconstitutional and overreach will be excised. Don't know about the rest of it.

Wouldn't surprise me if we find a whole lot of stuff amiss with it. 3200 pages rushed through, behind closed doors.

If only fun things happened behind closed doors anymore.

Haha, I don't even remember making this topic. never drink and internet...

My most recent blog was just after trying absinthe.

>.>

<.<

One time I was so drunk tried to call one of my dead rats over the phone.

The section requiring individuals to purchase insurance seemed to me to be unconstitutional. But honestly, I wouldn't get all uppity until it's gone through the SCOTUS. Lets face it, there was no way it wasn't going to the US Supreme Court.

The bill has already went through the US Supreme Court and other states even took a case to the Sumpreme Court saying it was unconstitutional, but the Sumpreme Court mainly said that its already passed it and said that because of the Sumpremacy Clause they have to abide by it.

Archived