Home

Endor DLC Review (Spoilers)

MajinMikeyX

Alright, the DLC starts off with the opening scroll, which is then followed by the sight of a ship flying from the edge of the screen towards a planet traditionally. It shows the Rogue Shadow and then it cuts to the cockpit with a hologram of Vader briefing Dark Starkiller on his mission. Then the Rogue Shadow lands and then we finally begin the game in the Red Reborn/Sith Stalker looking robes. I found it surprising that you didn't start off with all of your powers at level 3 but instead at level 2. You start the mission and you're then greeted by rebel soldiers that you have to kill. As you make your way to your destination which is pretty self-explanatory where you need to go. There's an Imperial Shuttle surrounded by enemies that you must dispatch, and then you're given a dialogue to press RT on Xbox and R2 on PS3 and then repeatedly tap A(360) or X(PS3) and then Starkiller picks up and throws the shuttle, giving you a platform that allows you to proceed. This next section comes with a strange but simple puzzle to solve involving huge tree trunks, and then here's where the Ewoks show up. They aren't as easy to kill as I imagined they'd be. They're still really easy to kill but using the force, not sabers as they can dodge those somehow. For a bit, it seems to be the same thing, over and over, Ewoks and Rebels coming at you. After you're through with that, you see the Shield generator entrance and a brief cutscene of Han and Chewie show that they're getting ready for you, and now you do battle with Chewbacca in an AT-ST. This Boss battle is really easy, it's just like a regular AT-ST in the base game, but with 3 health bars, the bombs explode on contact with the ground now, Ewoks attacking you, and Han Solo shooting a rocket launcher at you(since when did we see Han with a rocket launcher :confused: ) Once you've completely dropped Chewie's health bar, you're prompted to press A to complete a Quick-Time Event(QTE). Right before I did this, I dreaded that it would be the same as the base game's QTE for destroying AT-STs, but no, you get a really cool, yet cruel image of Starkiller ripping Chewie out of the AT-ST and Decking him in the face, follwed by him holding him in the air by his neck. Han then fires away his blaster, but Starkiller then turns and holds Chewie in the line of fire, killing him and is dropped and Starkiller leaps to Han's location, resulting in the AT-ST to tip over which I'm assuming fell on Chewie. Han in anger shoots at Starkiller but his attempt is in vain as his blaster bolts are deflected and Starkiller grips Solo and stabs him. I know what you guys may be thinking, "How can they kill off 2 of the most iconic characters using this motherf*****????!!!!" I read youtube comment and that's what they're asking. Just think of it as a joke, a "what if" Vader and the empire had things their way.

After all of this, you enter the Endor Shield generator, and begin the second half of the mission, which is similar to the first half, but indoors. You're killing Rebels, and Imperials who should be on your side shoot at you for some reason, but this is no biggie since they're easy to dice up. You then get to a point where you have to raise these tubes to stop currents from electrocuting you as you make your way through, having a brief, pure platforming section here pretty much. As you get to the end of this, more enemies and one of those mini-walker, AT-PT looking things. Now, after you're finished with this, then it's the duel with Leia, who's destiny had her become a Jedi after her brother Luke 'fell' on Hoth('fell' as in was killed, or fell to the Dark Side? Hmmm....) But anyway, you fight Leia, which is a pretty entertaining Boss fight, actually better than the final battle with Vader in the base game. The QTEs are pretty cool and the final result of the duel is obvious after what he did to Han and Chewie...yep, he killed her, by getting in a saber lock with her with one of his sabers, and stabbing her with the free handed saber(what a cheater :) ) We then see Emperor Palpatine, actually for the first time in anything TFU2, and Vader is by his side. He says how it is a great day for the Empire and talks about the peace he said in the Senate chamber in ROTS. To my surprise he gets mad about Vader and his "pathetic(I don't remember the exact word)" apprentice, and reuses the line from ROTJ, "Skywalker, you will die..." but not towards Luke, but to Vader, and electrocutes the towering shell of a man, brining him to his knees, as Palpatine laughs sinisterly.

The End

**Edit** The experience is best to be played using the default Red robes the DLC come with, and then replaying it using the Dark Clone robes from the dark side ending to see how much cooler they are than the red robes :D

I hope I captured the main points of the DLC. It's definitely worth the ONE DOLLAR. ONE DOLLAR, that's a great deal, anybody complaining is just too unrealistic as LA has to make at least some profit from this. But really, this is worth the money, as it's the same length as the other DLC levels from the first game. I have yet to download the costume pack, which I'm going to do soon.

The story to this DLC left room for a sequel to itself in the form of another DLC(hopefully just 1 dollar again) Leia never said Luke was killed, but fell. Someone falling in battle means they've been killed, but in Starwars, it can mean that or that they've fallen to the dark side, which I hope was the case, borrowing the idea from the Hoth DLC from TFU1's infinity storyline and adapting it somehow to the TFU2 infinity storyline. Maybe Vader's apprentice is Starkiller, while Palpatine has Luke as his apprentice somehow, I don't know for sure. All I know is that I want an epic infinities battle between a dark Starkiller and a Dark Luke.

The reference to the first game's DLC doesn't make sense. The stories are completely different.

Also, I'm disappointed by Vader being killed again. I was hoping that perhaps this story might actually lead to Vader's and Starkiller's long-held goal of killing the Emperor together. Oh well.

It does sound like fun, though. That was all I ever expected from it. I'll download it today, I think.

The reference to the first game's DLC doesn't make sense. The stories are completely different.

Also, I'm disappointed by Vader being killed again. I was hoping that perhaps this story might actually lead to Vader's and Starkiller's long-held goal of killing the Emperor together. Oh well.

It does sound like fun, though. That was all I ever expected from it. I'll download it today, I think.

I know they're two different stories, but I was just saying, and we don't know that they're COMPLETELY different.

Another thing I forgot to add was that for the Xbox 360 and PS3, that you won't be paying to play what's already on the disc. The download was a little over 1gb for the 360, meaning that this was definitely not on the disk already. As for PC owners though, sucks for you guys, since your content IS on the disc, but possible in an incomplete form that they'll unlock for you guys later in an update that better be free.

I downloaded the costume pack and am gonna try out all of them later and then I'll place screenshots here. :D

Yeah, I just played it today. Downloaded the costume pack as well, and some of them looked pretty sweet. I played the first half of the level in the default costume (red hood) and the second half (from first entering the bunker onwards) in the Dark Apprentice costume. Both are cool in their own right.

I do believe that Leia meant to say that Luke died on Hoth in this storyline. I would imagine that Vader and Starkiller may have invaded Echo Base together. Vader might have pursued the Millenium Falcon as he did in the movie while Starkiller may have hunted down Luke and defeated him before he got the chance to escape in his X-Wing. Then, I imagine, either Obi-Wan or Luke himself appeared to Leia in spirit form and guided her to Degobah to be trained as a Jedi under Yoda. He undoubtedly had her construct her own lightsaber as can be seen in the game (with the yellow blade). This may have been possible because she may have had more time to devote to her training than Luke would have because now that Luke was dead, Vader had no further reason to pursue the Millenium Falcon, and Leia and Han probably never went to Cloud City.

So that's my take on it. Vader still having Starkiller as his secret apprentice drastically altered events from the time of The Empire Strikes Back onward. Luke's dead, Leia trained under Yoda, and events have played out quite differently from then on.

The ending leaves me thinking that the story may continue with further DLC. While it is implied that Palpatine was in the act of killing Vader, we never see it actually happen, so it is possible that Vader may somehow escape his master's wrath, and we may very well get to assist him in overthrowing the Emperor (or at least attempting to do so).

I would have preferred that Leia not be killed so that she could be the hero in the coming chapters, but I guess that won't be happening. I felt bad for Chewie. Han too, to a certain extent, but Chewbacca's death I found to be particularly sad for some reason.

Anyway, I found this level to be pretty fun to play. Story wasn't spectacular, but I knew it wouldn't be. I was a little disappointing with the low number of holocrons (there are three of them), and I was able to easily locate all of them without the assistance of a guide (compared to the five well-placed holocrons from the Hoth DLC from the previous game, one of which was so well hidden that I hadn't discovered it until very recently).

All-in-all, I'd give this level a 7.5 out of 10.

If there's a TFU 3, then there won't be any DLC levels like these ones for it, since they've run out of movies to randomly dump Starkiller into.

Well, they could offer us light side DLC. This could work whether there's a sequel or not because, unlike the first game, Starkiller isn't dead this time. I wouldn't mind seeing his exploits set in between this game and the next.

Here are the costumes. Sorry for the kinda bad quality

Blood Armor Starkiller

1BloodArmorStarkiller.jpg

Nemoidian Shadow Outfit Starkiller

2NemoidianShadowOutfitStarkiller.jpg

Admiral Ackbar

3AdmiralAckbar.jpg

Dagobah Luke w/ Yoda on his back

4DagobahLukewithYoda.jpg

Darth Malak

4DarthMalak.jpg

Han Solo

6HanSolo.jpg

Jedi Protector Outfit Starkiller

7JediProtectorOutfitStarkiller.jpg

Obi-Wan from the Clone Wars series but a realistic version

8CloneWarsObi-Wan.jpg

Lando in his Skiff Guard Disguise

9SkiffGuardDisguisedLando.jpg

Lord Starkiller Armor from the Hoth DLC from TFU1

10StarkillerDarklordArmor.jpg

The Blood Armor and Jedi Protector Outfit are very similar in look and shape compared to the Hero's Armor from the base game. They're like if the Hero Outfit was the main outfit for Starkiller in a fighting game, the Blood and Protector outfits would be his alternate/Player2 costumes. The Darth Malak outfit was really cool and made me imagine a remake of KotOR with everything the same but with these graphics, which I would totally buy if it was made a reality. The Dark Lord Starkiller armor is exactly the same as the Hoth DLC from the first game, but it looks better since it's in this game. And finally, the Clone Wars Obi-Wan is pretty cool since it's a realistic version of the armor he wears in the animated series, so now I can finally appreciate it. The other costumes are ehh and I won't ever use those probably. I won't even use the ones I like most likely, except in DLC, since I don't wanna be outside of the story-canon outfits whenever I replay the game. This costume pack was a dollar though, and I'm a sucker for this stuff so whatever. I just wish they had the hooded variant of the Dark Apprentice/Dark Clone robe included in this.

What about holocrons?
I wondered this too.

I haven't completed the DLC on Endor yet. I had to stop and assess moral positions and take stock of my life after my encounter with Chewie and Han. That was quite possibly the most *wrong* I have ever felt in all of my years of gaming. I actually did stop the game, put the controllers down, and mourned/considered what I had just done.

Good stuff for $0.99, even if I like myself less as a result :carms:

After you finish Leia, you cut to a scene between the Emporer and Vader, Vader gets shocked, and Palpatine says he will finally have to kill the Aprrentice, and that the plan to overthrow Palpatine is obvious. The it cuts to a bunch of Star Destroyers ready to deploy troops to Endor, presumably to kill the Apprentice.

The level ends, this could be a lead-up to TFU3 DLC where you eliminate the legions of Storm Troopers and face Palpatine and destroy him and rule the galaxy, or you could face Vader, and destroy him, replacing him.

How can you get the 3 extra missions (Hoth, Tatooine, etc.) on the PC Ultimate Sith Edition? :( i can't find it!

You better be talking about TFU1...but you're not a lurker so I'm sure you are.:thmbup1:

I'm not sure if the PC version is any different from the 360/PS3 versions when it comes to the main menu screen, but you should find them when you start a new game. Start a new game and it should have(if I remember correctly) 4 different options available: The Force Unleashed, Jedi Temple, Tatooine, and Hoth. Choose whichever one you want and you're set. Hope that helped a little :D.

Archived