Home

I cant export Models

storm-rider

I created a blaster model using GMax, and i cant export it, when i try to export it using gmax, an error msg box appears. I imported a blaster pistol using kotor tool and then converting it with MDLops, I edited the model, then when i try to export using NWmax i get an error message telling me to check something. Anyone know how i can fix this?

It's not the sanity check error is it?

If it is, you can just ignore that. :)

Yes it was that, it said something like check the sanity file, firstly i dont have a clue as to what that is, Im new to the modelling stuff, and i still cant export for some reason

It displays to msg's, the first is:

SanityCheck failed for some models. see the sanity check file for each model.

The second msg says:

Failed to open file! .GetLastError returned 5.

I made a real nice model but had to delete it coz it didnt work, i just created a quick one to get the msg's up again.

I used a blasterrifle01 something like that, I used mdlops to convert it and opened it in gmax, i then modified the model, i just added some stuff to it, i didnt change anything on the original model just added on to it, i grouped together all my customizations and then linked them to the handle, and then linked the handle to the main part of the weapon, and i then selected everything and tried to export it.

I think thats everything, Although once i tried to open my customised model in gmax the modifications had dissappeared. Any help on exporting and how to make the model work would be very helpful, thanks :)

Ok, i've finally figured out how to export, but the problem now is that once i've exported it as a model, and when i try to reopen it in GMax my customisations disappear, I am customising an existing model which is a blaster001.

Also how do u know when something has been linked?

Archived