Home

This year needs to end!

Negative Sun

C'mon, OP, this was a great year! I've finally started college back in early April and moved from home (to which I'll be back for vacations tommorrow). This was awesome beyond words because all at the same time I learned how to live on my own, how to deal with certain troubles without parents around to take care of them; in other words, I matured a great deal and became more independent.

I've also made lots of new friends, even more so in Uni. Oh, and did a lot of new stuff I had never done before. If someone could steal my time away, I'd kill to keep that from happening. Even now I'm still having a great time *scratches the head in a futile attempt to take the beach sand off my hair*

So, overrall, a really nice year. Here's hoping more will come!

I third the notion sabre seconded that urluckyday initially said: Nobody should wish time away.

Unless your troubles are serious, something you can learn from, or something you can do something about, don't dwell on them. Worrying and dwelling is what we do instead of doing what we ought to be doing.

This year has not been without its downsides, but it has been, overall, a rather decent year for me.

I'll start on negatives so I can end on a positive note.

Negatives:

I learned the trade I'm going into has no work, so I couldn't escape the unemployment trap so easily afterall. Huge setback.

A couple friends of mine who had adopted me as trusted family to their two little children broke up this year. I foresee this becoming a problem. I hope I am not going to be dragged into this, but they both have intended and desired that I testify. Each wishing to pit me against the other. It's a no win sitch that will have both of them seeing me as an enemy.

I knew both of them for the ~7 years they were together and even a little bit prior before they met each other. I know I'm not getting the full story from him, but she isn't helping either, refusing to talk and go into detail. Plus seeing the facts as I know them, it does not paint a pretty picture for either of them and most of all for their kids. Though I do expect that they should still be cross with the other: It's only been since July.

I have stretched the tendons out in my right shoulder. It was installing granite counter tops into my parents' home with our contractor. This is difficult because it is both unbelievably heavy work and yet the pieces are fragile enough to break under their own weight if carried the wrong way. Needless to say very, very difficult hard work. This injury is a cost of necessity in some ways. It was unavoidable and I knew the risk.

The doc says it'll heal back but it'll take awhile. The popping in the joint occasionally hurts a tiny little bit, but otherwise is just annoying. Occasional tremors throughout my arm cause a few stability issues, though it is most prominent in my hand for brief periods. (Annoying but at least I'm left handed. :p)

My pet rats both died. One was getting too old and her health was deteriorating, I had to have her put down. The other died early of unnatural causes within 3 months. Rats hold a certain significance in my life, and only those closest to me will ever learn what that truly is.

Neutral:

Learned that there's a few lesbians in my family and a few friends have come out of the closet as gay lesbian or bi over the years. This pits my desire for fair treatment of them against my faith that I won't betray. Consequently I have moved to a neutral position on gay marriage since I cannot prioritize one over the other without guilt, and nothing anyone says on either side will change that. Having gone from one extreme to the other (the latter seen here on LF previously), I'm finally weighed down into the middle, none of this is negotiable nor debatable so do not try to sway me back one way or the other.

Positive:

This year I have managed to stay busy enough that I have almost all my debts paid off now. The recession has not seriously impacted me as bad as I initially thought it would. Something I do not take for granted.

I have started back on going to school. While specifics are uncertain, I now have an inner direction I am following.

I've attained clarity and direction for my life I did not have before--a thing only gained by time.

Have attained a certain peace of mind; certain issues from childhood, though accepted years ago, took awhile to completely come to terms with. I can now say with certainty that I am who I am.

Got to see some close friends who finally got out of the army. Along with it I got to see San Diego as well as visit my other family down in southern CA. Also while not the first vaca ever taken on my own, it was the first time I ever drove down there on my own.

Got to splurge at my discovery of Fry's Electronics.

My current car has continued to hold up excellently.

I have been able to make a serious investment into doing handyman work in general, thanks in no small part to Harbor Freight tools and by extension Cummins Tools.

So I'd say while I've had a 'meh' year, it has been more or less for better.

Here's to another year. May it be the best it can ever be, come what may, thick and thin.

Thats a pretty crazy year. It seems to have a lot of ups and downs. Hopefully the upcoming year will be a great one. :)

This year has been better than my last one to say the least. Last year my grandmother and one of my uncle and a aunts died. I was put in the hospital last year like 2 days after Christmas because I got and collasped lung and air was compressing on my heart and my other lung. So hopefully this Christmas break will be better. Probably the worse thing that happen to me this year was losing my best friend over something stupid which isn't nothing compared to most of yall problems this year. So overall I have a okay year. I wish all of you guys a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year

Well folks, 2010 has bee something of a crazy year for me. It has had some good times and some bad times.

The continuing bad time is the constant fighting between my little brother and the ex-gf. My brother wants to be involved in my nephew's life and she's making it difficult for him. He already filed for joint physical custody and they met with the mediator. It's been a nightmare and I think the cause of me losing more hair than usual in my annual shedding.

Good thing is that I just finished my last quarter of actual credit courses for my masters program. I take the comp exams in spring. Bad thing is that FinAide won't distribute my funds to cover for the required continuous enrollment so I maintain my status. I have to pay roughly 1,300 dollars for a zero unit course. I don't mind paying the student fees like ASI and health center but...

I think the best thing though is that I got a new job within my office. I am no longer a student assistant but a staff member on emergency hire for 120 days. After 90 I am an internal applicant, a front liner for the job I am doing for our services to students with disabilities office. So things are working out well.

Anyway every year has the good, the bad and the ugly. Hope that everyone though can look back and say that they have learned somethign from the past and try to do better. I know that I can look back and say that yes I did it in the losing weight department and I am still losing weight woot!

Well at least Hall cleared that up; I was under the impression that Mimi is saying that one good year after another would be worse. :indif:

Nope was saying a bad year is better than a dead year.

With my luck even as a vampire I'd end up waking up in a tanning bed in a wooden stake factory.

I don't know about anyone else, but this year has been one of the worst for me and my partner yet, I cannot wait until 2011!!!

Yeah, 2010 can go f*** itself. Sister with stage 4 cancer who's gone through hell this year with 5 months of chemo, surgery to remove a lung 2 weeks after my knee replacement, and then 3 months of radiation; another sister-in-law with breast cancer (she had her surgery in July 2 weeks before mine); a good friend of mine died in August from pancreatic cancer leaving a hubby and 3 young kids behind; a root canal; brother-in-law spoke against my other sister and may have been part of the reason she lost her job (because her BF was staying on her couch, of all things), and my daughter is losing her hair from either her ADHD medication or a thyroid problem--won't know til the test results are back.

Also because I've just watched the teaser for ME3 and I think I just peed myself a bit with anticipation...
I'm looking forward to TOR, Guild Wars 3, Dragon Age 2...looks like a good gaming year for sure.

Archived