Home

Dantooine Tension

Fallen Guardian

• Replies 416
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Not really an update with screenshots, (I'll try to have on tomorrow or today) Anyways, as I fixed my hexed module (I accidentally missed the mdx extension on one file) But something weird happened, this has also happened with one of my other modules.

Show spoiler
(hidden content - requires Javascript to show)
1zg5btc.jpg

I don't know what's going wrong, I've made sure all the models are there, and as you can see I can actually run through it. Anyone know what's going on?

This might also have something to do with your graphics card Fallen. I have the exact same - if not extremely similar - graphics card as you (I'm assuming from your previous graphic issues) and I have these all the time on Dantooine (some cliffsides sometimes go missing, sometimes they come back). Hmm, but it's just an assumption, not a modder's tip. :/

You must have missed some lightmaps - that's the only thing I can think of.

That.

Alright, I'll look into it.

Thanks for your replies guys. (I actually scrolled through them and didn't read them when I replied to Cpt's post. :eek:)

Well anyway, here's a new update: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tvy477k8SdI (Youtube will probably not become the regular update system, but it may be for the next two or three updates)

Now, yes that desk was horribly oriented and I have to change some of the background noises, adjust some alien voice files, and put in lip files for some alien lines but other than that what do you guys think?

It was realy good! I saw a spelling error though (I would think you'd be a little "edy" too if your child was butchered and then thrown into the fire that was burning away your livelihood!) Ty for the update FG.

Yeah, I haven't edited the dialogue yet, but thanks.

That.

Thanks.

Great work so far FG, some really good stuff there, the only points I'd make your already aware of (lip sink and background noises).

Thanks j7.

I just went through this thread, it looks AWESOME. Really looking forward to trying this out.

Thanks, always good to have another person following the mod. Anyway, as I said I will be having more updates more regularly but they all won't be screenshot and/or video updates. Some will just be telling you a little of what I'm doing because 1. The screenshots would be of .2da, .UTC, .UTI , etc files 2. It's plot critical or it's been shown before.

So, anyway, the update is I've been working on fixing many things that were wrong with one of the screenshot bunches that had a blue twi'lek in it and all seems to be going well. Also, I've finally FINALLY figured out how to make custom doors so I can't walk through them. Kudos goes to Dak Drexl for finding the thread that had the answers for me.

• 3 weeks later...

I will be hanging around the forums this weekend, testing my scripts for FFK1 and working on a few things, so maybe we can work out the door issue for once and for all. Assuming that is still the snag you are talking about.... I hoped that I might have fixed that for you with the latest post in the Script Shack.

Anyway, don't add any pressure to yourself! You are doing great work in a timely manner :D

Alright, I have a new update with screenshots this time. I've reskinned one of the cut modules....I'll let you figure out which one.

Show spoiler
picture.php?albumid=744&pictureid=8589

Show spoiler
picture.php?albumid=744&pictureid=8592

Now in this picture I realized one of the flaws of this area was half of it was almost entirely devoted to one texture. I'll try figuring out a way to make it look better.

Show spoiler
picture.php?albumid=744&pictureid=8591

I need to fix the white and yellow part that is mixed in with the wires.

Show spoiler
picture.php?albumid=744&pictureid=8590

Show spoiler
picture.php?albumid=744&pictureid=8593

And now here is an issue with lightmapping I believe....If any of you know what the issue is and how to fix it, it would be much appreciated if you let me know. Also the reason that the screen behind the desk is multiplied is several times is due to the fact bioware originally intended the texture to be a static a screen. I'll fix it up with something else then what is there now.

What do you guys think?

Looks pretty great! This is a cut module? It certainly does NOT look familiar, so that is always cool. The slatted-wood look is a little overwhelming, and as you mentioned the desk seems oddly lit, with nonsensical shadow happening.

All in all, I think it will be an excellent addition to the mod!

That looks awesome.

Thanks.

Looks pretty great! This is a cut module? It certainly does NOT look familiar, so that is always cool. The slatted-wood look is a little overwhelming, and as you mentioned the desk seems oddly lit, with nonsensical shadow happening.

All in all, I think it will be an excellent addition to the mod!

Thanks. It seems about two textures dominate the area so I'll see if I can't use different skins on the same texture.

They look really good Fallen, very in keeping with the Jedi Enclave that we visit in K1, am I to presume these are connected the Jedi Enclave?

Thanks j7, but nope, not connected to the Enclave. It's actually the beginning module of the spaceport with the female Twi'lek receptionist seen early in the thread. (Page 4 I believe) That spaceport started off as just being completely made up by me, but playing through Kotor again when I did Bolook's murder investigation it talks about the Garang Spaceport on Dantooine and since you never visit it in the vanilla game, I decided to make this spaceport that spaceport. However, those pictures aren't really any good anymore because I'll most likely cut that module and move it into this one.

That looks like the cut Vulkar base module to me. I could be way off, though. Amazing job! The desk does look very strange, yes, but that's the only weak bit. Solid work otherwise.

EDIT: Fairly sure I was wrong about this being the Vulkar base... I'm just confused now, haha.

That looks like the cut Vulkar base module to me. I could be way off, though. Amazing job! The desk does look very strange, yes, but that's the only weak bit. Solid work otherwise.

EDIT: Fairly sure I was wrong about this being the Vulkar base... I'm just confused now, haha.

Thanks, I found a way to get around the desk and the way I'm fixing it may actually work better with the plot.

That looks like the cut area from Dreshdae, correct?

You'd be right.

Nice to see unused areas being re-purposed. Once you fix the desk, it'll be great!

Just to comment on an earlier post - regarding the takeoff from Garang Spaceport . . .

(This BBCode requires its accompanying plugin to work properly.)

Any chance that might be able to have the ship fly up and away when leaving the bay rather than aiming it down? Unless you have the landing pad building way up high in the air, it looks a bit like it's just falling off the landing pad as it currently stands. As Dantooine is a farm world, it might be odd to have an airport set up that way. (I'd think most of the buildings might be only one or two floors high there.)

Nice to see unused areas being re-purposed. Once you fix the desk, it'll be great!

Just to comment on an earlier post - regarding the takeoff from Garang Spaceport . . .

(This BBCode requires its accompanying plugin to work properly.)

Any chance that might be able to have the ship fly up and away when leaving the bay rather than aiming it down? Unless you have the landing pad building way up high in the air, it looks a bit like it's just falling off the landing pad as it currently stands. As Dantooine is a farm world, it might be odd to have an airport set up that way. (I'd think most if the building might be only one or two floors high there.)

I never thought of that actually, good job SH. I should be able to fix it easily.

Archived