Home

Dantooine Tension

Fallen Guardian

• Replies 416
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Wow. Compelling, truly. VO'ed it will be perfect.

Thanks, and I hope so.

Awesome job Fg. I can't wait to watch it with Voices.

Thanks.

Nice cutscene FG....camera work, animations...looks good

Thanks, though I do need to fix a slight delay with the girl's tired animation and I need to change the fact that the mother doesn't turn until she is involved in the conversation. Also, I'll need to fix how the girl and the father reorient on themselves they seem to snap on each after each progressive dialogue node, I'm going to try and make it so it's more smooth.

You've gotta teach me how to do that stuff...

And I sent you the revamped dlg to your gmail. Just to let you know.

-From your friendly neighborhood grammar nazi.

Hmm, beautiful sidequest, if only there were voices. I feel bad for poor Jared... :xp:

Thanks LDR, and well, yeah, Jared.

Small update, I'm finishing up the dialogue for the quest you saw but cameras refuse to point the way I want them to. I'll sort it out eventually.

Hello everyone. I'm probably not going to post any updates for the next couple days because a major windstorm hit the area I live and now half the city I live in and the neighboring city's power is out. So I'll have no access to my computer. Whenever I can I may pop in on a mobile device or such but otherwise I am isolated.

Hello everyone. I'm probably not going to post any updates for the next couple days because a major windstorm hit the area I live and now half the city I live in and the neighboring city's power is out. So I'll have no access to my computer. Whenever I can I may pop in on a mobile device or such but otherwise I am isolated.

Wow, good luck. Do you live in Los Angeles? Cause on the new's the people are saying that a wind storm is battering Los Angeles. When Alfred hit Connecticut Just about the whole state lost power, for about a week, and it's not a really bad experience. Hope everything is going well. P.S: Do you have a generator?

a major windstorm hit the area I live and now half the city I live in and the neighboring city's power is out. So I'll have no access to my computer. Whenever I can I may pop in on a mobile device or such but otherwise I am isolated.

Hope to hear from you soon man! Best of luck :thmbup1:

Do you live in Los Angeles? Cause on the new's the people are saying that a wind storm is battering Los Angeles.

Yeah most likely. It hit us hard; there's a tree on my home. :¬: Luckily I'm at my relative's place.

Oh dear! I hope you get better and you get your power back!

Thanks.

Wow, good luck. Do you live in Los Angeles? Cause on the new's the people are saying that a wind storm is battering Los Angeles. When Alfred hit Connecticut Just about the whole state lost power, for about a week, and it's not a really bad experience. Hope everything is going well. P.S: Do you have a generator?

In the LA area and I do have a generator but it's crap.

Hope to hear from you soon!

Heard from!

Good luck! Candles smell nice. :)

Mmm, candles. Thanks Z.

Hope to hear from you soon man! Best of luck :thmbup1:

Yeah most likely. It hit us hard; there's a tree on my home. :¬: Luckily I'm at my relative's place.

Thanks.

Welcome back, hope all is well

And back I am! Yes all is very well indeed, for my power was restored not five minutes before I set foot in my house earlier today. Anyway, now I've been able to get back to modding faster than expected and I whipped up some scripts to fix the problem of the awkward orientations during the dialogue. However, I still have bugs to fix and they do not fire properly, that is the reason the girl tends to start rotating away from both her parents. Also, Mrs. Doha didn't want to be cooperative, or at least her scripts didn't, so some little things I had planned that would add some realism to the scene didn't take place. But above all of these petty script issues is the main reason why I have an update on this scene. Zhaboka. He was kind enough to do some test VO's for this scene so thank him for the update being in video form. Enjoy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o8R6Z4CXYL0

(Note: The reason there is a watermark at the top is due to the fact that the software I used to record places that at the top, however it records in higher quality than the other program I was using so I consider the tradeoff worth it. Also, my PC runs the game faster than 27 FPS but the recording slows it down. Also, the subtitles differ from the voiced lines because between the time Z voiced them I rewrote some of them to flow better. And lastly, sorry for the abrupt end I made a quick edit to keep out non voiced content.)

Thoughts, feedback, opinions, hate mail ;), are all appreciated so please, post.

hehe, great video fg!

Thanks.

The voices of the males sound great but the girls - either some high-pitched girl recorded or Zhaboka tried to mimic girls.

Yep, it was Z trying to mimic girls. This was all for the sake of test purposes so I could 1. See how the scene played out, 2. Get someone else's perspective on how the dialogue is read (Zhaboka had no directing commentaries from me on how to say the lines), and 3. Partly just for my own satisfaction at seeing a scene of Dantooine Tension with VO's.

The young girl and her mother need to be voiced by actual females, IMHO.

Right you are good sir, as the title of the video indicates: Test VO's.

Haha, I tried to mimic the feminine voices, but not in any seriousness. I was just havin' fun with a scene I was aware was a test. ;)

Pretty darn good job at that. And might I again thank you for doing these test VO's in the first place.

Archived