Home

Dantooine Tension

Fallen Guardian

• Replies 416
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Lol, I laughed at the little girl voice, great job btw! :thmbup1:

I think the girl was hilarius. FG, Zahaboka IS the man for the job. Well it was funny...

Great video Fg! It really brings the scene alive. Great job with the voices Zhaboka!

Well, there never was a doubt in my mind that Zhaboka was one of the men for the job for voicing Dantooine Tension, glad to have that reaffirmed.

In modding progress news: I've continued to add in scripts, fix/place cameras, and just overall improve that scene and I am now working towards when it comes to a close. I hope to have it to a point where it'll be fully complete and playable by Saturday night at the latest.

Alright so I actually won't be able to finish the scene because I completely forgot I have a lot of RL stuff to do this weekend. However, while poking around I discovered a head I made a while back...

Show spoiler
(hidden content - requires Javascript to show)
picture.php?albumid=744&pictureid=8710

The only issues I saw where some odd skin tone shifting and such, which I can fix.

What do you guys think?

Alright, so I seem to keep on having the quest getting pushed farther and farther back. However, I was able to squeeze in a bit of modding today and I attempted to rectify the error of the hallway a couple screens back being too white/sterile. This time I've add some slatted wood, although I'm most likely going to get rid of the lines that come out of the top part of the texture, and shore it up a bit.... So this is a first, rough-cut, texture in short.

Show spoiler
picture.php?albumid=744&pictureid=8726

What do you guys think?

Look's good!

Looks great! I will be sold 100% on it being Dantooine once the door is changed. :D

Wow, that...is...AWESOME! I agree with Zhaboka, once the door is changed, it will be solid Dantooine

Great job FG!

Thanks, I really should get around to changing those doors, huh?

And what's this madness? Four days without an update? We can't have that. (Says the guy who once went 2 months without an update)

Well anyway, I've begun to fix up the part where the PC makes his/her dramatic entrance into the cutscene Zhaboka voiced. All the choices flow together nicely and now all I need to do is some scripting for the fighting, the aftermath dialogue, aftermath scripts, and the journal entries and then I'll be done with this scene, which is basically the first sidequest. (Yeah, I know, it's short. But the second side-quest is long, the third is not planned, and neither is the finale. However, their are smaller sidequests strewn throughout the bigger three sidequests.)

Another update with no screenshots. I've gotten everything sorted out for the battle scripts as of right now, although in my attempt to make this sidequest more reliant on player choice for the outcome I seem to have dug myself into a hole. Basically, they way I've set up some of the post-battle rewards is the PC has negotiated out a reward of either, 10% of the price of three slaves, 25%, 50% or the price of the smallest slave. But the problem with this is, the person he's negotiating with doesn't know the exact price of the three slaves so until they are sold, he can't give the PC their money. If anyone doesn't mind having minor spoilers of the first quest, and has an idea of how I can make this work, PM me. Thanks in advance.

EDIT: Here's a screen, and don't ask why there are so many Chiss. Let's just say this one is replacing one of the Chiss heads I've shown before. Don't ask because I won't tell.

Show spoiler
picture.php?albumid=744&pictureid=8767

What do you guys think?

God damn. You've nailed the hues. Looks fantastic!

Thanks.

He looks evil.

Which is perfect btw.

Thanks.

Alright so I've had plenty of friends and family visiting for Christmas, many of which are still here, so I haven't gotten to any modding. I should be able to get to modding by Saturday or Sunday.

Alright, I didn't get to any new modding really. I figured out some more of the story and some modules that would be involved with it. Here's a little reskin of one of those modules, however, it's practically a reuse of textures from earlier in the thread....Once you figure out which module it is it should be pretty easy to find out which module these textures came from.

Show spoiler
picture.php?albumid=744&pictureid=8784

Show spoiler
picture.php?albumid=744&pictureid=8789

Show spoiler
picture.php?albumid=744&pictureid=8785

Show spoiler
picture.php?albumid=744&pictureid=8786

Show spoiler
picture.php?albumid=744&pictureid=8787

Show spoiler
picture.php?albumid=744&pictureid=8788

What do you guys think?

Jeez now I don't know why I'm just remembering this now, but I made an enclave sublevel module for k1 a while back. Now it's just a reskinned Vulkar base but I'm figuring you might have a use for it, even if it's not for the sublevel. I used the Dantooine textures like you've been doing so it should fit in. I'll send it to you sometime soon just in case you need something extra.

It looks great. Manaan is the planet, I guess.

Yep, and thanks.

Jeez now I don't know why I'm just remembering this now, but I made an enclave sublevel module for k1 a while back. Now it's just a reskinned Vulkar base but I'm figuring you might have a use for it, even if it's not for the sublevel. I used the Dantooine textures like you've been doing so it should fit in. I'll send it to you sometime soon just in case you need something extra.

Sounds great Dak. I think I can find a place for it.

Archived