Home

Dantooine Tension

Fallen Guardian

Alot of work just for one conversation... And I guess it will all be voiced too? All for the flavor of the mod I suppose.

Yeah, they'll be voiced. But it's not like I need to have every response be specific as well, just the PC's lines. Anyway, it wasn't that much work.. It's just pretty mundane copy and pasting once I've written the lines.

• Replies 416
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey, this is not really an update regarding Dantooine Tension but my modding abilities in general. I've finally learned how to make animated cameras and ironically they're a lot easier to make than static cameras. Anyway, so you can now expect some fancy camera movements in future updates, and I'll probably go back into what I've done already and sprinkle a few in there.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Dropping by again everyone.

I've made some progress on something that I hadn't touched in a while, among other things.

Also, for those of you who saw my teaser (on page 7) a while back that showed a scene in which all the characters were voiced by Zhaboka, I'd just like to say, while Zhaboka is voicing one of the characters, he is NOT voicing all of them.

Anyway, that's all.

Did you get an actual female to record the wife and the little girl yet?

I believe I may have, just waiting to hear back.

Hahaha, you always have my recordings as backup... NOT.

Uhh... okay? :p

EDIT: Alright, got over 2 hours of modding in today, and I should be able to get at least half an hour in everyday for the next couple of days so, yay!

I know that doesn't really affect you guys since it's the Internet, but if there's a lag in updates or whatever you'll know why.

We're a community. I don't know if I'm speaking for all of us, but I'm sure many of us - myself included - hope you don't have a rough time getting accustomed to your new home. As for the potential lack of updates, eh.. We won't go all out tourettes on you. Best of luck man, and thanks for the update. :)

That's a hassle. Good luck in weathering the upheaval.

We're a community. I don't know if I'm speaking for all of us, but I'm sure many of us - myself included - hope you don't have a rough time getting accustomed to your new home. As for the potential lack of updates, eh.. We won't go all out tourettes on you. Best of luck man, and thanks for the update. :)

Thanks both of you.

thanks for keeping us informed :)

No problem.

• 1 month later...

Ah ha! I managed to use my friend's computer for a couple hours to do some modding so I started to finally flesh out a few ideas I've had since mid-July. Hopefully more progress will be made, but it's a maybe or maybe not thing.

Here's a rough completion percentage on just the stuff I worked on tonight.

Writing: 25%

Scripting: 5%

Cutscene Stuff: 0%

Character Files: 0%

Testing: 0%

As you can tell a lot of the things are at 0%. Mainly because I don't have my copies of the game on hand so I can't install it, and the few scripts I was able to make were made using the skeletons of scripts I'd posted up here on the forums.

Anyway, that's the update for now. Sleepy time.

(Small note to the moderators. If I remember correctly you guys can view deleted posts, so the deleted post made by a different account than mine with the exact same message here was due to my friend having his LF account logged on and I forgot to log out when making this update. I realized my mistake as soon as I posted.)

Ah ha! I managed to use my friend's computer for a couple hours to do some modding so I started to finally flesh out a few ideas I've had since mid-July. Hopefully more progress will be made, but it's a maybe or maybe not thing.

Awesome! Tell your computer I said, "Survive the trip.. or else..:carms:"

Yay! The mod lives! I hope you get your hard copies of the game back soon. I don't feel safe without them, haha.

I was scared for a moment. When I saw those zeros I thought it was because you had lost a bunch of data or something.

Awesome! Tell your computer I said, "Survive the trip.. or else..:carms:"

Thanks guys, for all your comments.

Anyway, I got to work on it for a bit more a couple days ago, but nothing since then.

Yay! The mod lives! I hope you get your hard copies of the game back soon. I don't feel safe without them, haha.

Well Z, you'll he happy to know that I got my copies of the KotORs unpacked today and my computer's been unpacked and set up as well. And though I still remain without Internet I can begin to go back to modding on a more regular basis now. Hooray!

Archived