Home

Dantooine Tension

Fallen Guardian

• Replies 416
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Wow. You don't only impress me with your stuff, but also with your patience for working so long on the same project in these times. This is not meant to discredit all the others that did it too, just wanted to throw it in. ;)

Thanks. It really doesn't feel like it's been almost a year since I first made this thread, time flies.

Woah! I just noticed that amazing Jolee-to-Chiss retexture a page back! That thing is awesome!

Thanks Zhaboka. And by any chance when I finally do get to voiceovers could you do some for me?

Anyway, I was going to try and have an update today but life's gotten in the way again. I'm still pretty positive on the weekend update though.

And positive I still am.

Basically this is a small reskin for a transition area of sorts. It'll serve as an extra hallway branching out of the main module I'm using since 1. The module has a room there and that won't serve my purposes and 2. The room's walkmesh is messed up and you can only walk halfway through it.

Show spoiler
(hidden content - requires Javascript to show)
picture.php?albumid=744&pictureid=8650

Show spoiler
picture.php?albumid=744&pictureid=8651

Show spoiler
picture.php?albumid=744&pictureid=8653

Show spoiler
picture.php?albumid=744&pictureid=8652

Yep, there are doors to change and such, maybe some lightmapping to do and a little shoring up on the textures but other than that, what do you guys think?

I love your reskins FG! It's hard to tell that its not dantooine.

Thanks.

Is that the Sith Base on Taris retextured? It's very good!

Yep, and thanks.

I think the stone walls give it away that it's the sith base and not Dantooine, maybe replace them with more wood paneling?

Yeah, I thought it looked a little odd when I first ran through it....I'll see about that.

And I just saw your question in your second-to-last post, I'd LOVE to do voiceovers for you! :)

Thanks Zhaboka! I probably won't get to voicing for awhile, though I may have a little something......I'll have to look into it.

IMO, a more brownish stone wall would work just fine. Many of Dantooine's structures - if I remember right - are like that. Keep it up man! :thmbup1:

Thanks for the feedback Cpt.

No new update with this post. I'll try to have something maybe tomorrow or Thursday......We'll see.

When i first saw that area, i thought you had made from scratch. GOod job!

Thanks.

Alright, not a new area this time but my attempt to get a Rodian into armor. Keep in mind it's still in the works and things need to be fixed.

Show spoiler
picture.php?albumid=744&pictureid=8678

What do you guys think?

I think its great. SOmething to brighten up (somehow) my night. Even though its dark. Why does the rodian have no toes lol. It work as a mercenary or a a guard.

Zhaboka your right. Anyway, whats there to fix. Its great. Wish i did it :p

Thanks.

Looks very natural and practical to me.

Thanks.

Great job Fg!

Thanks.

He's looking pretty good so far FG. I have a Republic Rodian if you'd like to use/modify him for your Republic guys:

Show spoiler
picture.php?albumid=714&pictureid=7902

Thanks Dak! And I've noticed you kept the straps on him, I may decide to do that to my armored Rodian....When first looking at it when I had just put the chest plate on my Rodian it looked a bit odd with the straps on his armor, I'll see how it looks now. And could you email me that Rodian please?

Niiiiice rodian! :thmbup1: Can't wait 'till you have some more updates.

Thanks, I'll hopefully have 1 or 2 more before Thanksgiving.

This reminds me of a BOS:SR sort of mod. Very nice, keep up the great work!

I hope it'll be as good as BOS:SR, but it's hard to match and even harder still to top that type of quality.

And here's a new update, some of the music that'll be in the mod. Gleaned from http://incompetech.com/m/c/royalty-free/#

(Titles are subjective to change, and I tried to keep them as vague as possible for a reason. Also, the artwork is NOT permanent. Just something I threw together to have as a background.)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xBvjwCEXcGU

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T5cB4fFJh1g

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t3gnMZYxDew

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bgSWBqb0lBc

So leave your feedback and I'm getting some sleep.

I really like it, very good choices. They all seem to be in the same sonic environment, which is nice since it's all the same planet.

Thanks.

Very nice music! It all sound alike and good for a single planet! No copyright issues, I hope! :thmbup1:

Thanks, and nope. It's all free, copyright free music.

Good job with the music Fg!

Thanks.

No new update this time, but sort of a progress update. I attempted to make a Dantooine module night time but the characters, and some textures were still lit as if it were day. Any advice would be appreciated.

Okay, first off, sorry for the double post moderators.

Now, for a new update. This shows off the first couple minutes of the first sidequest. Please excuse the fact that the woman doesn't turn to face the other two in the conversation and also that it slows down a bit at times, the recording software I use seems to take away a bit from the performance of KotOR. Yes it may seem a bit odd that the dialogue is silent, but it will be voiced before release. Also sorry if the text is hard to read, I put in annotations for it but they wouldn't show up for me on the video page itself....Basically the recording software I use records in AVI format, a format my editing program doesn't support. When going through the conversion process from AVI to a useable format, it loses much of its quality. Now, here it is:

Clicky!

Thoughts and feedback are appreciated.

Archived