Home

War starting in Korea

GODKING

A longer, safer journey is better than a shorter but riskier one.

True, but when the fighting begins you really not going to be thinking which way is safer way your going to be thinking which way gets me out of this artillery fire and possibly be thinks OHHHH MYYY GODDDD WERE ALL GOING TO DIE!!!

Can't agree to that - the two Koreas have been holding a gun to each other's heads for a while now (technically speaking, the 'Korean War' never ended). Both countries are always at complete preparedness to repel invasions from each other.

I disagree I don't think both sides have always been ready. I think North Korea being a more militaristic it has more troops in the sea and at the borders. (I'm not saying that South Korea doesn't have troops in the sea and at the borders, but not to the same degree as the North Koreans.) Now, over the years something little or big happens thats sparks a fire between the two and it gets blown way out of proportion and the two almost go to war with each other again. (well, not again because like you said the Korean War isn't offical over. For anyone that doesn't know this they only signed a armistice-which is a ceasefire. They use these so countries can negotiate a peace treaty without killing each other, however they never sign a peace treaty.) Then when they blow whatever happen out of proportion they both start increasing their troops along their borders and in their seas. (like they are doing now)

Why? Wait for the other side to invade and get blown up.

Well, of course one side is going to walk through the minefield they aren't stupid they will just trigger a explosion that would make all the mines go off. There is no point in waiting one side will do it adventually.

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply
A reunification doesn't necessarily require that North Korea assume control of South Korea, it can be other way round too, you know.

Where exactly did Sabre write that North Korea would take over South Korea? How do you know it wouldn’t be South Korea absorbing North Korea? Plus doesn’t peaceful reunification suggest a mutual decision? <snip>

I meant no disrespect to her, but do you honestly think that the leader of South Korea would give up his position of power so another country can have his land? <snip>

Hey Sabrez, remember that time we jumped on your trampoline together and those boys kept bothering us? We must have started an all out war with them using water balloons and the water hose. :xp::jester1:

True, but when the fighting begins you really not going to be thinking which way is safer way your going to be thinking which way gets me out of this artillery fire and possibly be thinks OHHHH MYYY GODDDD WERE ALL GOING TO DIE!!!

The "safer way" and "the way that gets you out of the artillery fire" is in 9 out of 10 cases, the one and the same. :3 Contrary to popular opinion, refugees don't run around like headless chickens the way Hollywood depicts them...

Now, over the years something little or big happens thats sparks a fire between the two and it gets blown way out of proportion and the two almost go to war with each other again.

Ah, but the key is *if* it gets blown way out of proportion. Events like that usually only happen when a war has already been decided and at this stage of course, neither country wants to be on the offensive, or waste money on a war.

Well, of course one side is going to walk through the minefield they aren't stupid they will just trigger a explosion that would make all the mines go off. There is no point in waiting one side will do it adventually.

No, both countries are waiting for the other to make a move - neither wants to end up looking like a scapegoat for the war. A military offensive is always a risky, expensive and politically dangerous manouevre. North Korea, for all of their perceived belligerence, doesn't want it either.

Hey Sabrez, remember that time we jumped on your trampoline together and those boys kept bothering us? We must have started an all out war with them using water balloons and the water hose. :xp::jester1:

Those pesky boys! :lol:

Did anyone every think that these refugees will go to South Korea?

I'm just saying what others have already said, but refugees generally tend to flee in the safest direction. I certainly wouldn't want to flee to a country that has several thousands missiles pointed at it by people I'm running from.

I'm just saying what others have already said, but refugees generally tend to flee in the safest direction. I certainly wouldn't want to flee to a country that has several thousands missiles pointed at it by people I'm running from.

Well, I wouldn't want to run deeper into a country that is getting bombed by South Koreans, US, and whoever else in the United Nations that comes to help. I would rather take my chance with the people who are going to be more friendly (like the US and UN) than to get to China's border after an exausting walk or should I say trip (to take into consideration that someone could have found a ride) and China not let you in or offers no aid.

I would rather take my chance with the people who are going to be more friendly (like the US and UN)

Good luck convincing the North Korean people that while they get bombarded by missiles, airstrikes and gunship raids. :thmbup1:

than to get to China's border after an exausting walk or should I say trip (to take into consideration that someone could have found a ride) and China not let you in or offers no aid.

IIRC, the UN will be obligated to assist international refugees in the event of a war via China. So like it or not, China will have to assist those refugees, doubly so as they are a permanent member of the UNSC.

Picture this: if Mexico declared war on the US and you lived in Texas, would it be a safer idea to run into Mexico or towards Canada? (Mimi, don't spoil it)

Good luck convincing the North Korean people that while they get bombarded by missiles, airstrikes and gunship raids. :thmbup1:

Well, maybe if their leader would be a little nicer and respect border agreements and stop attacking ships and bombarding people on land the South Koreans wouldn't have to fight back.

Picture this: if Mexico declared war on the US and you lived in Texas, would it be a safer idea to run into Mexico or towards Canada? (Mimi, don't spoil it)

Well, thats a different story because you know for a fact the US will crush Mexico and so it would be smarter to go north, but not to Canada. In North Korea its a different story because one its obvious North Korea is going to lose if a war does break out. So would I rather run North while I have planes and tanks following close behind me. Or would I rather run to the people who are (as you said with China) required to help refugees and is a shorter distance. And you got to think that this refugees while the battle is going on around them they are just going to go to somewhere where they can be shield from the gunfire and bombs being dropped. They aren't going to run in either direction untill the bombing stops and the gunfire stops. Now, say if South Korean's troops pushed North Korean's troops North would i rather follow the armies fighting to China or would I rather go to South Korea. However, if the North Korean army pushed back South Korean army I would then go North, but not as far as China.

It really depends on who won the intially fight that would decide where the refugees would run.

Well, maybe if their leader would be a little nicer and respect border agreements and stop attacking ships and bombarding people on land the South Koreans wouldn't have to fight back.

Well yes, but that's getting away from the point.

Well, thats a different story because you know for a fact the US will crush Mexico and so it would be smarter to go north, but not to Canada.

I was hoping you'd take the liberty to assume that this is a situation wherein Mexico is much stronger than the US. : / Never mind, then.

So would I rather run North while I have planes and tanks following close behind me. Or would I rather run to the people who are (as you said with China) required to help refugees and is a shorter distance.

Here's the catch: the only thing you know about these "UN" camps is that they're Western monsters who butcher North Koreans in concentration camps, and that they have a shoot-Koreans-on-sight policy.

Remember that NK's media consists of PROPAGANDA, PROPAGANDA, followd by [CENSORED] and then PROPAGANDA. I think they'll take their chances with the often-used Chinese border as opposed to running into the arms of their enemies.

And you got to think that this refugees while the battle is going on around them they are just going to go to somewhere where they can be shield from the gunfire and bombs being dropped.

...which happens to be whole point of being a refugee in the first place. :indif:

They aren't going to run in either direction untill the bombing stops and the gunfire stops.

And where are they going to survive till then, their state-approved basements? Where do they get food and water? How do they ensure they don't get run over by an invasion next morning? Refugees run until the bombing and gunfire stops, not the other way round.

Now, say if South Korean's troops pushed North Korean's troops North would i rather follow the armies fighting to China or would I rather go to South Korea. However, if the North Korean army pushed back South Korean army I would then go North, but not as far as China.

Look, geography and Google Maps isn't really on your mind when you're a refugee. All you're thinking is "which direction to I go to not get shot at?" China satisfies this perfectly.

they aren't going to run through a war and a ****ton of landmines into a country they've been taught is evil and a thing to be subjugated dude

• 2 weeks later...

My guess is that the heir to the throne is attempting to establish his bona fides w/more saber rattling. Not the first time since the 57+ yr old seize fire that NK has engaged in activity that otherwise would have reignited hostilities. My only question is what kind of game is the PRC playing (besides trying to keep the US off-balance, of course)....

Archived