• Cloud City
    • Imperial Kashyyyk
    • Imperial Felucia
    • Imperial Raxus Prime
    • Death Star
    • Jedi Temple
    • Tatooine
    • Hoth

I hated the Jedi Temple level. Yes, it was very nice from an aesthetic point of view, but I found it a little disgusting in a very Vatican-esque way with its classical columns and statues. In both you have a philosophy that supposedly promotes modesty and self-restraint, and yet its leaders build these monumental, richly decorated, and extravagantly expensive edifices for themselves. Contrast that with Palpatine's extremely spartan throne room in Ep6 lacking any kind of decoration or luxury.

I hated the Jedi Temple level. Yes, it was very nice from an aesthetic point of view, but I found it a little disgusting in a very Vatican-esque way with its classical columns and statues. In both you have a philosophy that supposedly promotes modesty and self-restraint, and yet its leaders build these monumental, richly decorated, and extravagantly expensive edifices for themselves.

Well, both in Star Wars and real life, you don't see jedi or priests with many possessions (of course there are exceptions). And in the case of the Jedi Temple, it's the house of 10,000 people from their order, among other things. Therefore, you do need a big place. And there are no superfluous objects within the temple, as far as I know.

About the Vatican, that's a discussion for another topic.

Anyway, it was a good level...

I like Imperial Felucia the best! The bass battle with the bull rancor and maris are great! Felucia has such a unique and star wars style to it. I like that's vast in design.

I loved how much DMM was implemented on Felucia. I only haven't voted for it because I really hate those felucians...

I loved how much DMM was implemented on Felucia. I only haven't voted for it because I really hate those felucians...

Yeah, they can be annoying, but I find them challenging :)

Had the beginning of the Death Star level not been so dang irritating, I'd choose that as my favorite. I died like 10 times my first time XD

Agreed. The Death Star is pretty sweet, but that opening battle in the hanger is pretty ridiculous.

Especially when you play the first time and don't know there is a walker with rockets shooting at you. It comes right after a sweet cutscene, so you aren't expecting to have to quickly run for cover!

Only because of the two snipers up on the walkways, who force you to remain in cover. Once I took those two out I found it pretty easy to mop the floors with the rest of the enemies that keep respawning.

It's the snipers, walker and then a second walker, 4-8 large gray troopers who only die basically with force lighting and the jet pack troopers.

I can't tell you how many times I get to the top to take out the snipers I get knocked down! There is only railing on one side O_o I guess the inspectors hadn't come yet XD Either that or the Emperoer killed them.

Inspector: My Lord, I'd suggest railings on both sides.

Emperor: Eat force lightning!

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived