Home

Zombie Apocalypse

DrPhil2501

Now just bare with me. Me and my brother were having a discussion the other day, about what would happen if a zombie apocalypse were to occur. Suppose if one day a pandemic illness has spread throughout the entire world, that fits the profile of "media-interpreted" undead fiends - a la mindless monsters who infect and eat people.

Now, after considering this hypothetical scenario; picture yourself in that scenario. Presume that your government has taken the right measures; like quarantine and evacuation. And amidst this, people will presumably go about looting stores, without the hassle of security (save for the danger of being eaten alive and turned into another zombie). The military sets up refugee camps, etc etc... the things you would expect to see if an apocalypse were to occur.

After picturing yourself in that scenario (and this is where my brother and I heavily speculated) where would you be when all this happens? What would you do and how would you go about sheltering yourself from hordes of pesky undead? How would you defend yourself? Its interesting to hear what other people think, because it basically tests them on their logic and survival instinct, if such a thing were to ever happen.

Now just bare with me. Me and my brother were having a discussion the other day, about what would happen if a zombie apocalypse were to occur. Suppose if one day a pandemic illness has spread throughout the entire world, that fits the profile of "media-interpreted" undead fiends - a la mindless monsters who infect and eat people.

Now, after considering this hypothetical scenario; picture yourself in that scenario. Presume that your government has taken the right measures; like quarantine and evacuation. And amidst this, people will presumably go about looting stores, without the hassle of security (save for the danger of being eaten alive and turned into another zombie). The military sets up refugee camps, etc etc... the things you would expect to see if an apocalypse were to occur.

After picturing yourself in that scenario (and this is where my brother and I heavily speculated) where would you be when all this happens? What would you do and how would you go about sheltering yourself from hordes of pesky undead? How would you defend yourself? Its interesting to hear what other people think, because it basically tests them on their logic and survival instinct, if such a thing were to ever happen.

I would sit in my living room laughing, watching the mindless husks freeze to "death" outside, its -25 degrees celsius here.

I'd make killing as a Zombie Witch Doctor. I'd have a secret potion contained in dart needles called "Knock 'em Deader" that I would sell to everybody. ;)

And you would of course load these darts into your dart gun and fire away, putting those pesky zombies into a permanent non-animated state.

Lessee.

Shotguns, and plenty of ammo: Check

Sail boat in a remote location: Check

OHV and the ability to fuel up: need more fuel.

Food for at least 6 months: Check(mostly.. it's gonna be slim)

Emergency fall back locations: Check

The Zombie apocalypse is a good metaphor for a catastrophic event. Essentially if you're prepared for Z-Day, you're pretty much prepared for anything.

Having property that is far enough out that I can spot anyone approaching is a plus. It's not near a major city, and has a cave that is fairly easy to use as a fall back.

I figure if a Z-Day type scenario happens, I have a few very light provisions to pick up, but for the most part I'm good.

Me? Probably stuck at work, because even zombies need to see well, and my boss wouldn't consider a zombie apocalypse an adequate reason to shut down the office.

If by zombies you mean trailer trash I'd probably just set them all on fire and go have lunch.

Best responses ever.

Shotguns and Rifles.

Plywood to block the doors and windows.

Several swords clubs and machetes.

Bow and arrows.

Supplies to create fortified barricades.

Close enough to obtain supplies before s*** gets too real, but far enough to stay remote.

Two vehicles, one strong enough to plow through a throng of zombies.

Fencing.

Animals to distract the dead.

I love living on a farm. :xp:

Archived