Home

Missing Textures/Bugging out?(PC)

The-Seraphim

I don't know if anyone is having this problem but once I get into the building after the 'run for your life' sequence on Cato Nemoidia (spelled wrong im sure) some of the textures turn black on starkiller and in the surrounding area but when i move around to different spots some of the textures actually get their textures back while others lose their textures and go black.

Anyone having this problem or know a fix?

Im running the game on lowest setting and was able to play TFU1 perfectly fine.

I don't know if anyone is having this problem but once I get into the building after the 'run for your life' sequence on Cato Nemoidia (spelled wrong im sure) some of the textures turn black on starkiller and in the surrounding area but when i move around to different spots some of the textures actually get their textures back while others lose their textures and go black.

Anyone having this problem or know a fix?

Im running the game on lowest setting and was able to play TFU1 perfectly fine.

Apparently, there might be a patch coming for PC... I suggest you wait for it..

BTW:

1)what's your graphic card make???

2)Latest drivers??

3)Have you overclocked it???

4)It's been about 2-3 months since the game launched... Is this the first time you're playing it? If not how was it earlier?

5)When the textures disappear, have you tried alt-tab out and back to the game again?

6)Finally you're positive it appears only after the "run like hell" scene? Try playing thru other levels and check if this issue pops up there as well..

Get back and we'll try to help you with what info we have.

The patch was released on dec 22,even though it states it was dec 20,it really didnt fix anything for me. You can try it and see,it may fix your particular problem,but if you modified the game to get the console exclusives,the patch will render your game unplayble,lucasarts didnt want the pc users to have that extra content so the patch disables the game.

The TFU2 PC 1.1 Update addresses the following issues:

1. Pre-rendered cutscenes and game "attract" mode stop functioning after about 50 minutes of game play.

2. Some textures & characters appear dark and without texture after about 50 minutes of game play with some ATI Radeon™ video card configurations.

3. Reflections may not work properly with NVIDIA GeForce 9800 series cards.

4. Some Stormtroopers and other enemies can become stuck in the air when hit with "Force Push" causing a progression stop to the next level/area until all enemies were found and destroyed.

5. During level "Salvation - Battle for the Salvation" a power core may not be able to be retrieved if the apprentice is defeated while in the same room as the power core or if the game is exited and re-loaded while in the power core room.

The update for your specific language can be downloaded, here:

http://www.lucasarts.com/support/update/SWTFU2_1_1.html

4. Some Stormtroopers and other enemies can become stuck in the air when hit with "Force Push" causing a progression stop to the next level/area until all enemies were found and destroyed.

I have this problem on my 360. Riot Troopers stay stuck in the air in crazy positions. I can literally push them anywhere I want on the screen, even off the ledges. They will just float. If I keep them close enough in can blow them away with a charged repulse. That will cause them to finally go away. This seems to only happen on Cato Nemioda.

if you modified the game to get the console exclusives,the patch will render your game unplayble,lucasarts didnt want the pc users to have that extra content so the patch disables the game.

Oh those ****ers. I bought the damn content, it's on the bloody disk, it's bloody MINE. They have no business disabling it. I guess I won't be applying that patch, then. Especially since none of the bugs mentioned ever happened to me.

And thats the problem,this issue has caused a real fever pitch over at the forums at lucasarts,not here. People are just ranting and raving, me i got sick of lucasarts and the treatment us pc gamers were getting and just uinstalled the whole messy game.

the prospect of a FU 3 for me from lucasarts,no thanks ,you ,the devs can keep it,but thats just me.

Archived