Home

What apps should I get for my Android phone?

Prime

Simple question: What apps should I get for my Android phone?

Simple question: what do you want to do with your phone? :) And second one: what model do you have?

Now I can only list some of the apps that I use.

1. ADW Launcher along with Elegance Theme - because most of launcher replacements that are given by phone manufacturers are crap. ADW Launcher is very configurable and have many themes to choose from.

2. Moon+ Reader for my e-books - can read many formats, have access to on-line libraries with free books, very configurable (big asset for me as you can see :) ).

3. Opera Browser - because I like Opera, it's fast and can be synchronised with desktop Opera to have the same bookmarks, start page and so on.

4. Use the Force and Android Lightsaber - I don't have to explain myself :p

Simple question: what do you want to do with your phone? :) And second one: what model do you have?
I don't plan on doing anything too fancy with it. Just looking for some games, so good media applications (music, video, pdfs, etc.). I have the new Samsung Galaxy.

Dolphin HD browser is the best, very lightweight but so intuitive it's like chrome for your android!

I use Advanced Task Killer, again very lightweight but powerful and fast.

Elixir is awesome to organize your app links on homescreens with icons only and not the pesky names underneath them, looks very slick, it also has widgets to show you geek stuff like CPU load, temp, RAM, phone memory etc. etc. Legendary app!

Android's own news and weather app is the best for, well what do you think? ;)

All of these are free btw.

I use, Google sky map. It's a fun little thing to see just what that star you're looking at is... Nav is built in(LOVE the navigation). FLASH, so you can actually SEE the web pages. Facebook. Angry birds seasons(hehe it's a bit tougher than Angry Birds). Peanut gallery is fun to have. "Rings extended" so you can have actual music for your alarms. Ventrilloid if you want to keep in touch with your gaming vent board while away from your computer lol. I still use Advanced Task Killer, just because sometimes there's an app that just won't go away.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived