Home

XWA One Year Thread, Part VI, Return of the Bottle Deposit

Kuuki

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

And HAPPY NEW YEAR! And new thread!

Quick recap, as always.....

Ed, Crackensan, and Kinnison: Somehow, via either Black Magic, cohersion, threats, or some wierd alignment of the planets, have managed to land steady, what I assume loving relationships with the opposite sex.

Crackensan: Also landed his ass back in school. To become.. a... legal secretary. Whoot? :/

Rogue15: The one who we all have facepalmed at for over the course of these past few years has finally got his **** togeather, which a girlfriend (OMGWTF) and a job! Go you! (Finally, maybe we'll stop facepalming at your stupid antics. LOL)

The rest of us? Well, Nitro's marriage died, unfortunate and we mourn the loss, though Nitro not so much, Scar (a.k.a Kuuki) is also attending college, and Keyan is working on... stuff? Hopefully cool stuff.

May the Force be with us all, and may 2011 rock harder than ever before. 'Cause we get to turn it up to 11, bitches!

Happy New Year!

I liked Cracken's name better, but funny Kuuki should mention bottle deposits...my state is considering extending the bottle deposit law to include juice and water bottles.

Being so involved in my bowling as I am, I'm hoping for any or all of the following to happen in 2011:

1. Win (or at least cash in) a People's Tournament
  2. Shoot an honor score (either 11 in a row or 300, preferably the latter; an 800 series may be asking too much of me at this time)
  3. End my winter league with at least a 190 average (currently 185)

There may be some developments in the X-Wing community that might start a revival in the coming year, too (but not an entirely new game, as TG closed their development office a couple of years ago)...one can only hope. :D

Ok, I actually wanted someone other than myself or crackles to make the topic, because it will be easy to get the forum achievement for the 'hot topic'

both me and cracken have ~4+ forum achievements, we don't need more.

but here's what I want to do. As a new-years resolution I want to push the "norm's" for these XWA 1yr thread posters to at least get at the min of 4 achievements for this year.

so, I make this one recommendation:

For a new achievement: "Once in a Blue Milk Moon" should be given to a Forum Veteran Member whom has said Veteran status, but whom does post regularly (yet irregularly(SP?) (IE not a 'DEAD' member))

to be given his achievement

IE: I nominate LukA_YJK for this, he's a forum vet and a 10yr vet and still had less then 1k posts. but still is a popular users to us 'oldies'.

I think this is an achievement on itself.

KK: thoughts on a wager for tomorrow? Lovie seems to think its OK to play everyone and risk injuries before the playoffs to try and beat GB again....

How about I send you a pint of Babcock Hall Ice Cream (your choice of flavor) made with Wisonsin Milk from Grass fed cows if the Packers win. it would cost me about $15.

So you will need to find something of comparable that is from Illinois to send me, tho I have a hard time thinking of anything good coming from Illinois ;)

In other news

:heart3: SHE SAID YES :heart3:

I now have a Fiancée

Last night: AMAZING!!! :D

This morning: Ehhh... not so much.

I'm pretty sure my car's transmission is shot. Burning. Grinding. Slipping. Not happy. :(

As me and the lady were leaving the hotel on the way for some breakfast, it **** the bed in a big, ugly, noisy way in the restaurant parking lot.

Spent the rest of my very tired New Year's day dealing with AAA and tow companies, and cabs to get back to where we left her car. Memorable... but not exactly the day together I had envisioned.

If it's as simple as fixing a crack, flushing, and refilling with fluid... I'll keep this car.

Anything more... especially if it runs into multiple thousands of dollars, I'm going to sadly cut this one loose and start again.

My confidence is not high... :dozey:

Well... Happy New Year. :rolleyes:

How about I send you a pint of Babcock Hall Ice Cream (your choice of flavor) made with Wisonsin Milk from Grass fed cows if the Packers win. it would cost me about $15.

So you will need to find something of comparable that is from Illinois to send me, tho I have a hard time thinking of anything good coming from Illinois ;)

In other news

:heart3: SHE SAID YES :heart3:

I now have a Fiancée

congrats on two things :D

for one, we make way better pizza :D

do you like wine? we actually have a nice local winery, that grape shares with a few other small winerys

i could mail you a pizza, but it would be hefty to ship I beleive....

Gratz to your Pack. Who do you guys have to play? The Eagles?

I think the Saints got stuck running over the Rams/Seahawks.

yeah they play the eagles, if they get by the eagles they play the falcons....

heres to hoping the pack wins one playoff game, and the saints manage to lose

cuz then the bears play the seahawks and the pack play the falcons :D

for one, we make way better pizza :D

do you like wine? we actually have a nice local winery, that grape shares with a few other small winerys

Correction, you make good "Chicago style" pizza. Which is like saying Florida makes good orange juice. If you can find someone who ships frozen pizza to Chedderland yes.

Otherwise a sweet, low tannis wine would be good.

My NFL playoff predictions:

I doubt the packers can beat the Falcons. If anyone can beat Vick and the Eagles in the playoffs it is the Packers.

IN the Bears/Saints game, saints have trouble against a quality defense, and likely will be outscored.

Bears and Falcons make it to the Championship game, but the Bears luck runs out and Falcons make it to the big dance.

For the AFC:

Colts have Addai back, and regain their swagger, and get through Pittsburg to the championship game.

BaLtimore makes it to New England, but no further.

Colts make a show of it, but fail to stop New England making *yawn* another SB appearance.

In the big dance, Falcons shoot it out with the pats, and win the game. 38-31

Correction, you make good "Chicago style" pizza. Which is like saying Florida makes good orange juice. If you can find someone who ships frozen pizza to Chedderland yes.

Otherwise a sweet, low tannis wine would be good.

My NFL playoff predictions:

I certainly dont disagree with your playoff predictions, except that the bears could once again kill vick if they had to :)

I dont know what a low tannis wine is, heheheeh edit: google ftmfw

chicago style?

you mean REAL american pizza :D the best kind by far :D :D

I'll see what the cost is to ship ya a dryice'd deep dish.

Archived