Home

XWA One Year Thread, Part VI, Return of the Bottle Deposit

Kuuki

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No work tomorrow. College is closed. :D

Which is nice... except for the reason: More snow. Ick. :rolleyes:

Plus: My girlfriend was supposed to drive down to look at apartments in my area tomorrow, and we were going to meet up. Looks like that will have to be postponed as well. Boo. :(

I'm out of places to put snow. Plus: all my muscles hurt. Guess I got a good shovel workout.

Got my FM3 "Year 6" achievement this morning. Now all I have to do is finish about a thousand races in first place and I'll have them all for that game! Easy peasy.

I'm out of places to put snow. Plus: all my muscles hurt. Guess I got a good shovel workout.

Got my FM3 "Year 6" achievement this morning. Now all I have to do is finish about a thousand races in first place and I'll have them all for that game! Easy peasy.

You're really sticking with that game, ed. I started out trying to get all the achievements on everything, but it just became too much of a hassle.

I never cared about the achievements in any other game... but I told myself a year ago that I was going to get all of them in at least ONE XBox game... and this is the one I chose.

It helps that most of them were fairly doable; that I really like the game; and that I'm pretty good at it. Plus: I was already more than 75% through them at the point I decided, which made it an easy call.

There's also the added feature of a "Leaderboard" of all your XBox friends who have played the game and where they stand... so I can compare myself to Niner, or Nitro and see where we stack up... which got me a bit competitive, truth be told.

I won't do it again... probably not even for FM4 when it comes out. The hardest thing is how long it takes to play each race. At this point it's just an investment in time. But I can do a couple each day and whittle away at it.

I could hire an AI driver to run all the races for me... but that's defeating my purpose of being able to say: "Well... I stuck with it to the bitter end!"

I guess at the time I made this vow I was feeling kinda down about myself for NOT doing that as often as I thought I should... and this was a small, symbolic way of proving to myself that I really can.

By the way: I'm typing this with the XBox controller in my other hand, and FM3 on the screen, a race cued up and ready to start.

I don't really even see the point of the achievements. It's just one of the things I don't like about this generation of games. DLC is another one.
Some DLC makes sense to me... I've bought track and car packs for FM3 and a couple of other racing games I have.

But since I don't bother with multiplayer shooters, I've never bought a map pack.

But most of the DLC is overpriced and offers too little.

I was more than a bit annoyed that they offered a Forza 3 Ultimate Edition last fall that has the full game, and ALL the DLC I bought for the game, in addition to some exclusive stuff that owners of the standard edition can't get... all for half the price of what I paid for just the standard game disk when it came out.

THAT didn't sit too well with me... I tell you what. Or from what I can tell, the rest of the FM3 faithful, either.

I understand the marketing behind it (it came out JUST as GT5 did)... but at least GIVE those of us who have been with the game from the beginning the new DLC... and for free.

I say it depends on the game

like for instance in some games allow you to play as different characters and what not. like it actually 'rewards ya' for what you did, instead of getting this 'bumper sticker' like thing that is worth next to nothing

It would be nice if you could cash them in for something... Like DLC or downloadable games. Or a discount off your LIVE! membership.

Something substantial that made it worth going for them.

I'm always embarrassed when I look at my number next to my friends... I have yet to break 4,000... and I know some people who are into the tens-of-thousands.

Makes me wonder what I'm doing wrong...

Archived