Home

XWA One Year Thread, Part VI, Return of the Bottle Deposit

Kuuki

Playing around with Google+. It's not bad. I can control exactly who sees my updates, which is pretty nifty.

Anyone want an invite?

yeah the circles concept is neat. has some flaws but google so far seems very interested in user input

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
One flaw that's very annoying is that I can't seemlessly switch between gmail and google+ or google calander in ONE TAB. it constantly opens new tabs when i switch between google services.

Since I'm an android user... this can be slightly frustrating.

yeah thats pretty annoying.

I dont use calendar, but i run the gmail and g+ apps on my thunderbolt

finally paid my state tax after checking atm and seeing my drill pay was deposited already.

next step is getting me some new running shoes...going with asics. these shoes i'm wearing now are 2 years old.

this weekend i learned that the army is doing away with the current pt test and is coming out with a new one with 2 more events. it looks crazy but not impossible after looking at the 1946 army pt test.

going to washington d.c. this weekend with my girlfriend, anybody have suggestions on places to definitely check out?

Thanks to Crack, I'm now on Google+ as well.

I don't really know if I'll ever do anything on it.

I guess if all my friends migrate there from Facebook the same way they migrated to FB from Myspace I guess I will... but for now I'm finding it hard to make much time for Facebook anymore as it is. I almost NEVER look at Myspace these days.

The heat broke here. Huzzah!

The show ran way over tonight. What else is new? :dozey:

I'm thinking about installing a bunch of old-school LucasArts games (and maybe FreeSpace 1 and 2...) on my computer... but I don't know if I have a joystick that works... Or a USB keyboard and mouse for the FPS ones (a laptop touchpad is nowhere near accurate enough...) And I don't know if I'd ever have time to actually play them either. :(

I spend far less time on my consoles playing games than my GF's kids do. I doubt I'm going to find a huge chunk of time to go back through XWA or JKII... As much as I'd love to... I've been craving some JK action lately.

Maybe sometime I'll make a project computer out of all the old parts from my various tower systems... something that can handle the old games just fine... but dedicate it just to playing vintage games. Put it in a corner of my house. That way the kids could play that while I'm on the console... or vice-versa...

I like the way you're thinking, ed. We need some old-school Lucasarts action up in this place. I've been meaning to do this for a couple of years now, but I keep getting busy with other things, and when I do play a game, it's something new.

R15: I always liked the Air and Space museum.

I like the way you're thinking, ed. We need some old-school Lucasarts action up in this place. I've been meaning to do this for a couple of years now, but I keep getting busy with other things, and when I do play a game, it's something new.

R15: I always liked the Air and Space museum.

air and space was pretty cool

Fable III is pretty fun!

yah, it really grabbed me from the beginning, although i wish there was more of a variety of weapons and clothes (although the dyes were a nice addition). and also that weapons didn't just evolve kinda randomly. i hated playing a good character and having my sword grow a bunch of skulls and **** just because i killed a bunch of skeletons :/

Dang it all, I acquired a rare and out of print CD box set, and one of the discs has a minor scratch that affects just the last minute of the last track. The track rips fine, though, and I can barely see the scratch, so there must be a way to buff that out. I know back in the day you could use Brasso for this, but I've heard they changed their formula, and it will damage CDs now. Anyone have any suggestions?

Was having a great weekend with the girlfriend... until we got to talking yesterday afternoon, and that opened a whole can of drama. I don't exactly know what I said to tip things over the edge... I just know it was the wrong thing.

Lesson learned: Stop talking. Especially about feelings and stuff. It never leads to good things. :(

Or maybe I just overstayed my time there. Things would probably still be great had I come home after breakfast to take care of some stuff at my house... which crossed my mind, actually. I should have gone with my instincts. Lesson learned there too...

Needless to say: I feel kinda crappy about it today. Didn't sleep great last night, either.

Another lesson learned: Being hopelessly single really sucks... but being in a relationship is it's own headache sometimes.

Archived