Home

XWA One Year Thread, Part VI, Return of the Bottle Deposit

Kuuki

If you need a pre-nup, you shouldn't get married.

Merry Christmas all. Hope you all got want to wanted and even some things you didn't want but enjoy having.

Tough Christmas for me and my wife, first one without our Mom's. My wife's Dad joined us, since his wife died 6 weeks ago, and we didn't want him to be alone. Regardless we enjoyed the quiet time, and the Packers getting the #1 seed in the NFL playoffs.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
yeah that's kind of why i haven't bailed...though i do question it sometimes...if i were to get all those, get married...and then she hit the divorce button, i'd be pretty screwed.

Especially true since you're in the military. From what I've seen, divorces often end up a good deal worse for the soldier than the spouse. I'd recommend holding off on the most serious commitments until you've spent more time in the military, and seen whether the relationship can survive with the unavoidable extra stresses the military life provides.

If you need a pre-nup, you shouldn't get married.

I'd have to disagree. If you feel like you need a pre-nup, you shouldn't get married. However, people should get them despite their feelings. Weird, horrible, unforeseeable things happen to good people all the time, and it's not always either party's fault. Wanting to prepare for the worst, most unlikely eventualities is not an expression of a lack of trust. Hell, my wife is one of maybe 3 people on this planet I trust almost completely.

Especially true since you're in the military. From what I've seen, divorces often end up a good deal worse for the soldier than the spouse. I'd recommend holding off on the most serious commitments until you've spent more time in the military, and seen whether the relationship can survive with the unavoidable extra stresses the military life provides.

this. and who knows, R15 could be being a disrespectful ass :p

I'd have to disagree. If you feel like you need a pre-nup, you shouldn't get married. However, people should get them despite their feelings. Weird, horrible, unforeseeable things happen to good people all the time, and it's not always either party's fault. Wanting to prepare for the worst, most unlikely eventualities is not an expression of a lack of trust. Hell, my wife is one of maybe 3 people on this planet I trust almost completely.

pretty much. nothing wrong with a prenup, but if you feel you NEED one, then you shouldnt get married.

although I'm unsure what a prenup would get them. from the sounds of it R15 doesnt exactly have alot of stuff, and its all premarital assets anyways. divorce doesnt get messy till you have kids

Apparently, I now have puppies. :dozey:

While I was down the Cape visiting the lady's fam after XMas, my mom took in a couple of puppies. Since I've been back, I have been taking care of them. So... I have puppies. They're super cute and all... but...

This is after my GF got one a week ago, a chihuahua... On top of her 3 cats and 2 hamsters. Egads.

I got an exercise bike and a couple of other small things as presents this year. The bike is good... I haven't had much opportunity to get out and walk lately... and now that it's cold, I doubt I'll be getting out that often. Well... now that I have dogs... :rolleyes:

I got my girlfriend a Nook Tablet, which she has already loaded with books and apps.

I got her kids a Kinect for their XBox 360. It's pretty cool. They haven't stopped playing it, which is nice. I hate seeing gifts go ignored. But the plan was: if they weren't into it, it could always end back over my place, connected to my system.

:joy:

getting cross-trained in photo (my old dept) and i got a interview for a security guard job on tuesday...starting rate is pretty good too, and i think i will get the job...though do i want it if i'm going to college in a few weeks...hmmmmm..hope they can all work with my school schedule.

games i missed over the last 4 months i need to get as soon as i get my place...

modern warfare 3

battlefield 3

skyrim

I need to get a new computer so i can get TOR, swg went to hell which i'm po'd about cause i was just getting the last of my gear..:( but TOR looks really good...hmm..

nice...i'll be on sometime in spring i'm estimating, i'm excited...i'm not sure what side i'll be on, thinking republic cause of the commando class...then again operative looks hella sweet, much like a scout...i think i'll end up being that. :) i am in real life.

I am so damn happy I graduated Cavalry Scout OSUT...it was pretty tough and I made it, I got alot of respect there since I was going back to basic a 2nd time, got a ton of **** from the drill sergeants for it, but I made it. I completed a goal I set for myself, now I'm not sure what my next step will be, very exciting.

This year was pretty good for me. I managed to maintain a relationship for all 12 months of it. A new personal achievement! :D

Had some ups and downs... but more positive than negative overall I have to think.

Anyway... the world is supposed to end in less than 12 months... so enjoy the new year while you can, all! :dozey:

:joy:

I'm pretty sure I'll be too busy near midnight... so who is tackling the new thread this time?

Archived