Home

XWA One Year Thread, Part VI, Return of the Bottle Deposit

Kuuki

No.. insanity is when you don't even bother to negotiate with the Unions, and then take away their collective bargaining on top of a PERMAMENT 20% pay cut

For the last 4 years almost every state union worker has forgone a pay raise (even cost of living adjustment) in order to keep the cost of their benefits the same. I severely doubt you can find an over paid State Union Employee. Teachers starting salary here is only around 25k, and it goes up to 50k.

The whole idea of the "Lazy Union worker" is a myth perpetuated my Anti-union individuals. Show me an overpaid Union worker, and I will show you a guy who got injured on the job and instead of taking workmans comp he has gotten reclassified

I can show you hand fulls of lazy union worker actually.

beyond that, I read a bunch more of the bill. I would agree you should have to atleast put in some for yuour pension, and have the state do a match.

thats how they should work. now going from all to none def sucks.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I can show you hand fulls of lazy union worker actually.

Then I can show you Managers who don't know how to fire Lazy union workers

As the protest stands now, the Unions are willing to concede everything but they will not give up their right to do collective bargaining.

That is all this is about now. Just their right to do collective bargaining

Then I can show you Managers who don't know how to fire Lazy union workers

As the protest stands now, the Unions are willing to concede everything but they will not give up their right to do collective bargaining.

That is all this is about now. Just their right to do collective bargaining

the union protects the lazy workers, its why people don't like them.....

You can thank Unions for your days off

the union protects the lazy workers, its why people don't like them.....

Do you have proof?

I have proof it does not. I worked at UPS a bastion of Part-time Union workers. If someone was late more then 5 times, they got canned. If they couldn't sort more then 200 pcs and hour they got canned. But I also had a time where the Union protected me from an a$$#0!# boss who sent me home for not following his directions, when he told me to bend my knees when picking an envelope off the floor to avoid injuring my back. I filed 3 grievances, 1. Harassment (I have never missed days of work because of work related injuries) 2. Having a non-union manager work my job after i was told to leave. 3. Not getting my guaranteed 4 hours of work. I didn't even bother asking to get my lost wages back. I won, and the a$$#0!# boss got relocated (much to the cheers of my co-workers)

Also, there is a lot of evidence that Union workers do not get paid as much as their private sector counterparts. Their compensation is better job security from a$$#0!# bosses who want to fire them for stupid reasons

You can thank Unions for your days off

Do you have proof?

I have proof it does not. I worked at UPS a bastion of Part-time Union workers. If someone was late more then 5 times, they got canned. If they couldn't sort more then 200 pcs and hour they got canned. But I also had a time where the Union protected me from an a$$#0!# boss who sent me home for not following his directions, when he told me to bend my knees when picking an envelope off the floor to avoid injuring my back. I filed 3 grievances, 1. Harassment (I have never missed days of work because of work related injuries) 2. Having a non-union manager work my job after i was told to leave. 3. Not getting my guaranteed 4 hours of work. I didn't even bother asking to get my lost wages back. I won, and the a$$#0!# boss got relocated (much to the cheers of my co-workers)

Also, there is a lot of evidence that Union workers do not get paid as much as their private sector counterparts. Their compensation is better job security from a$$#0!# bosses who want to fire them for stupid reasons

I could give multiple example of stupid decisions my wifes teaachers union has made over filing grievences with their employer and a few from afscme here, but I'd rather not post that **** online :thmbup1:

yeah, I can thank unions for not working 7days a week, but thats from the 1920's. I never said they werent EVER relevant, but the need has significantly wained in most sectors of employement in the last 30 years.

There are just as many lazy union workers, as there are regular lazy workers. it is just some people like using the example of Lazy union workers why unions are bad.

I don't see how "grievances" being filed support your opinion that Union workers are lazy.

Non-union workers are paid more then union workers

Union workers get better job security then non-union

There are crappy unions and also clear and obvious abuses by unions and workers... but it's not a universal thing... just like you could point to the same by non-unionized workers.

I found this interesting:

(This BBCode requires its accompanying plugin to work properly.)

Clearly biased commentator to be sure... but if the facts are correct, it shows the that the gov'nor has a personal vendetta against union workers.

Another article I read said that the union police that are exempt are ignoring the protesters if not actually siding with them, out of union solidarity, and the knowledge that they might be next on the chopping block.

I find this a fascinating turn of events.

I do have to wonder if the gov actually expected this level of outrage... Or if this was part of the plan all along.

I don't see how "grievances" being filed support your opinion that Union workers are lazy.

I would call blocking the firing of a ****ty ****ty teacher, just because they dont want the school to fire someone, a good reason/support why some unions are bad/stupid. protecting a lazy ****ty tenure teacher and letting good newer teachers get let go to cut costs is just stupid

I would call blocking the firing of a ****ty ****ty teacher, just because they dont want the school to fire someone, a good reason/support why some unions are bad/stupid. protecting a lazy ****ty tenure teacher and letting good newer teachers get let go to cut costs is just stupid

hrm.. i find a bit of bitter bias here that is more political then an union issue but using Unions as an excuse.

Actually, it happens here in Rochester a lot. Some of my friends that are teachers are getting let go because the older teachers aren't willing to retire. Since they've been in the union longer, they get to stay, and my friends who just are only a year or two removed from college with massive loans are going unemployed.

Not very fun.

hrm.. i find a bit of bitter bias here that is more political then an union issue but using Unions as an excuse.

:rolleyes:

its not exactly something limited to a certain district. I know alot of teachers with the same gripes.

and no it wasnt my wife who got fired, shes up for tenure next year

we can already tell you are 100% pro union so I'll stop beating this dead horse

Archived