Home

XWA One Year Thread, Part VI, Return of the Bottle Deposit

Kuuki

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Maths is hard!

;P

Just did stage changes for 12 female bands. Hmmm...

A lot of estrogen in the air tonight... but being backstage cramped in a small space with dozens of college-age female musicians, it occurred to me that I could think of far worse places to be at that point.

:naughty:

The current talk I'm hearing out of Wisconsin involves putting all the Republican politicians who are supporting this up to recall proceedings.

I wonder how many will stick to their guns and continue to support Walker... or if a few of them blink and change their minds with faced with losing their jobs themselves.

It's kinda funny how frantic Walker has gotten over the missing Democrats. To the point of violating the Constitution and making the capital a virtual police state on lockdown. He obviously thought he could call their bluff long before now.

It's amusing that he was probably one of those candidates who talked up the Constitution as unbreakable holy writ when he was campaigning too... now when it gets inconvenient to him to follow it to the letter, he plays a bit fast and loose to try to get his own way.

@ed

Imperial Gov Walker is finding people exercising thier first amendment rights rather annoying. To the point he tried to lock down the Capitol (A public building) which is against the law. Now the Dept of Administration is trying to blame 7 million dollars worth of damages on the protesters and the tape they use on the marble. It is a grossly inflated number where $6 million is estimated to clean 240,000 square feet of marble at $25 a sq foot. The other million is mostly taken up to resod the ground around the capitol.

I know a few of the republican senators are worried about getting re-elected, if not recalled. and there is going to be a big push to get Gov Walker recalled at the end of the year.

As for the 14 Senate Dems who have fled. The interesting thing is there is no filibuster procedure in the State Senate, so the only way a Minority party in the senate can stop a bill is to leave. Republicans in the state senate are saying that if you are a minority in the senate you have no power at all. Not what I expect in a democracy

To narrow this all down. All the union workers have agreed to walkers pay cuts, but they will not give up their right to collectively bargain. The standoff on the bill has nothing to do with balancing the budget, but is a manufactured crisis to attack Labor rights.

If we don't stand up for Labor unions, who is going to stand up for our labor rights when we need to protect them? Or do we really want to end up having to work 60 hours 7 days a week, with no benefits at all?

@r15 Did Martial arts for about 10 years. Got a 2nd degree black belt. Well worth the effort if you can stick to it

Eliminated my bonus pool. Bonus pool is just for show, designed to let casuals compete against the people who play all the goddamned time on ladder.

Cool, right? Yeah... but my ELO (which is hidden) is still only around a Silver level.

*sigh* My Zerg vs. Protoss matchup is getting better. Zerg V Zerg is still the most frustrating thing on the face of the planet.

Homework today, day off. Gonna pound through as many assignments as possible throughout the day.

Ed, it was supposed to be today, and we ended up not going ourselves. Like you said in your FB message, maybe next time. :)

Day wasn't a total bowling waste, b/c we decided to "stay home" and bowl...my BFF saw a 241-204-213=658 performance from me. :D

Eliminated my bonus pool. Bonus pool is just for show, designed to let casuals compete against the people who play all the goddamned time on ladder.

Cool, right? Yeah... but my ELO (which is hidden) is still only around a Silver level.

*sigh* My Zerg vs. Protoss matchup is getting better. Zerg V Zerg is still the most frustrating thing on the face of the planet.

Homework today, day off. Gonna pound through as many assignments as possible throughout the day.

TRANSLATION: I'm not earning any extra points for ladder wins. Yay!

My effective ladder ranking (which is hidden from everyone, even myself) which determines my League placement (I.e: Bronze, Silver, Gold, Platinum, Diamond, or Masters), is still at a Silver level. ;_; Sad face.

When I face against Protoss Players, I win. Alot. When I face off against other Zerg players, you might as well flip a goddamned coin.

Archived