Home

XWA One Year Thread, Part VI, Return of the Bottle Deposit

Kuuki

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Correction, you make good "Chicago style" pizza. Which is like saying Florida makes good orange juice. If you can find someone who ships frozen pizza to Chedderland yes.

Otherwise a sweet, low tannis wine would be good.

My NFL playoff predictions:

I doubt the packers can beat the Falcons. If anyone can beat Vick and the Eagles in the playoffs it is the Packers.

IN the Bears/Saints game, saints have trouble against a quality defense, and likely will be outscored.

Bears and Falcons make it to the Championship game, but the Bears luck runs out and Falcons make it to the big dance.

For the AFC:

Colts have Addai back, and regain their swagger, and get through Pittsburg to the championship game.

BaLtimore makes it to New England, but no further.

Colts make a show of it, but fail to stop New England making *yawn* another SB appearance.

In the big dance, Falcons shoot it out with the pats, and win the game. 38-31

The Patriots' defense has improved from the early season, though, and could give Matt Ryan problems now. There's a reason the Patriots had the league-best turnover differential this season, and not all of that because our offense just never gave up the football. :)

The Pats will repeat their mistakes of SB 42 (2007) of being overconfident in the super bowl and lose to an up and coming team.

Pats have a history of padding their stats against mediocre teams so IMHO a "league best turnover margin" is moot If they could almost lose to the packers with a backup QB, they could lose to the Falcons.

Go on... you just keep thinking that... It will just make the Pats ultimate and inevitable Superbowl victory this season all that much harder and painful for you! :p

Going to pick up my car this morning. Broken driveshaft. Don't know exactly how it happened (though living in the "Ginormous-Pothole Capital of the World", I have a few guesses...) But it shouldn't be too huge a bill... though any car-related expense is far more than I want to deal with right now, coming off all the other holiday expenses I've been racking up...

Work is slow and chill this week. Routine maintenance. Just chopping away at the to-do list a little each day.

Uhm, K_K, the Patriots actually had the 5th toughest schedule in the league. And we thrashed supposedly good defenses like the Bears' and the Steelers'. :p

a large portion of your fan base is still ******* pricks :D

you also lost to the browns.....

a large portion of your fan base is still ******* pricks...
Your point being...? :dozey:

:joy:

Trust me... I hate Boston/ New England sports fans as much, if not more than anyone... simply because I have to deal with them at their most drunken and rowdiest many late nights on my way home from a long and brutal day at work... when a crowded train full of intoxicated yahoos is about the very last thing I'd really ever want to see at that point.

Uhm, K_K, the Patriots actually had the 5th toughest schedule in the league. And we thrashed supposedly good defenses like the Bears' and the Steelers'. :p

6th if you compare the 2009/2010 seasons records, which IMHO means nothing at the end of the season when you have

I can't really explain the loss to the Browns, Zargon, but that was also Logan Mankins' first game back on the offensive line, and the Patriots' offense found another gear in the weeks following.

yeah and I can't explain our piss poor play against the pat's..... :thmbup1:

the redskins seahawks losses are pretty self explanatory if you watched them. Lovie can't manage a game to save his life

Lovie can't manage a game to save his life

That reminds me of the 3rd and 15 that was converted... except for a last second time out called... by Lovie. Going to cost him in the playoffs

Zarg, I was also reminded that 5 of the 7 teams the Patriots defeated since the loss to the Browns are playoff teams. :)

Not counting the Jets the Patriots have only played against 5 teams in the playoffs. and on average the teams in the playoffs have only played 4-6 of their games against playoff teams. So you are saying the Patriots are just an average playoff team? ;)

My picks for the 2010 post season:

Saints/Falcons in Atlanta, Saints by 3.

Patriots/Colts in New England, Patriots by 3.

Cowboy Colessium: Patriot-Saints: 21-27 Patriots win.

going pretty safe minus the call on the colts getting that far

Well, though CHicago has the defense to stiffle anyone, I'm not 100% sure they have the offense to get the scores to let their defense win the games. Jay Cutler is too iffy on that regard. Overall, the Saints/Falcons are better than the Bears.

The Pack has a chance, though the Eagles are going to be a pretty big roadblock.

I don't even know why the AFC even plays the games... the Patroits in Foxbourough are unstoppable. They will be in the Super Bowl this year.

I mean, what AFC team realistically has a chance against the Patriots? The Steelers offense is not as explosive as it needs to be in clutch situations, and the only other team that can pull out scores to win games in the Colts.

the pats have lost a few games this year ya know...

the saints are *very* vulnerable this year.

obviously, if the bears o line doesnt show up, cutler gets nervous and chucks picks like brett farve.

who knows how healthy vick and dj are for the eagles.

the falcons melted down against the saints at home like 2 weeks ago

i agree about the stealers, too much up and down on O, the ravens are all over the place too

Archived