Home

XWA One Year Thread, Part VI, Return of the Bottle Deposit

Kuuki

Went on a bike/camp trip last weekend. Just from La Crosse to SPARTA! on the La Crosse River State Trail then a short trip on the Elroy sparta trail to the Train tunnels, which is my favorite part of my favorite trail and a great way to spend a few minutes on a hot day to cool down. Especially on a 10 mile bike ride up a 3% grade.

Last week my Jerk of a neighbor called animal control on my cat. This is the same neighbor that has a huge Koi pond in his back yard, and a Dog that barks at piratically anything. So today I had to take my cat down to the vet for his shots, and tomorrow to get his license. I talked to the vet, and yes there are laws that don't allow you to let your pets to roam free but most people let their cats "escape" during the night.

Looking to get payback on my neighbor. He has an electronic fence for his dog, and lets him run around a bit to go to the bathroom. But according to law the pet has to be in an enclosure or on a leash.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I never berate my patients, however, i can understand why some dentists do. When you CONSISTENTLY see people coming in who have swollen, red, and bleeding gums, and you know for a 100% fact that flossing will reverse and prevent that condition, it's gets a little irritating when people don't listen.

If your hands started bleeding when you were washing them, wouldn't that concern you? Healthy gums should not bleed, unless you inflict some sort of injury to them.

Teeth have 5 visible sides to them. Brushing can only reliably get 3 of them. Flossing is needed to get the other two.

ok, i'm off my soap box for now.

FLOSS YOUR DAMN TEETH, PEOPLE!

Looking to get payback on my neighbor. He has an electronic fence for his dog, and lets him run around a bit to go to the bathroom. But according to law the pet has to be in an enclosure or on a leash.

an electriconic fence is generally considered an enclosure

and I hate you aholes that let your cats roam free like wild animals.(ok hate is a overly strong word :p)

I had a jackass neighbor who actually complained my dog was barking at his cat(who was in my yard) that he let wander the neighborhood

Yup...

Ike's a dentist all right.

;P

Bad PA speaker unit at work. The VERY top one in a stack of 8. About 20 feet above the stage. Fixing it is going to be a real PITA.

Oh well... just another day at the office, I guess...

Good luck at MEPS.

Agreed. They only get a bad rep because so many people are too dumb to train them properly. Same goes for pretty much every other 'vicious' breed.

Totally. I work at a kennel, so I interact with a ton of different dogs, and I'd gladly take a pit over a tweaky little Wheaten or something. I think the only time I've ever actually been bitten that wasn't just playing was because some jerk off turned their 'sweet, good-natured, kid-friendly' Wheaten into the dog version of a paranoid meth head.

Yeah... I'm still looking for the ideal wheel setup for the XBox. The choices aren't great...

Almost all my racing games are for the 360... but the PS3 has the better wheels available.

And I really can't justify buying 2...

What game were you going to play?

E3 this year looks awesome. I'm cautiously intrigued about the new Wii hardware, and the continuation of the Halo series...

yeah i hate little dogs...my pittbull, Alvara, is a sweet puppy...however these dogs require ALOT of attention or they tend to give their teeth a workout on whatever they can. she's not mean at all though!!

I'd offer to take her, but it would be irresponsible, considering how much job-related travel I do, which already has me leaving my dog with my family quite regularly. While that's fine for her, since she spent a lot of time growing up with my family and gf during the final year or two of my enlistment, it wouldn't be good for a pit puppy. I hope you find a good home for her, whether permanent or temporary.

19D is an outstanding MOS. Wherever you're assigned, be the best soldier you can be. Do lots of PT, be a good shot, be the first to help a fellow soldier, never skip an opportunity to learn something useful, and always keep a positive mental attitude. Learn to recognize any ****bags in your unit (there'll almost always be at least one), and don't let them influence you in any way. Find a role model, preferably a NCO who is squared the **** away, and try to be as much like him as possible. You will be an asset to your unit, and your attitude will influence those around you to do the same. Good luck.

What game were you going to play?

I don't know. Forza 3, I guess. It seems like the best one, though I did try the demo and didn't like it that much. I guess it's just because I was thinking more in terms of F-Zero, which is far more arcadey. I though it might be fun with the wheel and pedals, though. Maybe I'll wait for Forza 4 and see if there are any better wheels released by then. Though I heard that game involves the Kinect somehow, so if I have to actually use that thing, then screw it.

E3 this year looks awesome. I'm cautiously intrigued about the new Wii hardware, and the continuation of the Halo series...

I thought E3 sucked this year. Wii-U looks...slightly better than the Wii, I guess. Halo 4...meh. The only thing I really like about Halo is that you can play through the whole game co-op. So for that, maybe. Which reminds me, we still have to try some Portal 2.

Too much Kinect stuff from Microsoft, though. I don't care about that thing. Also, I need some kind of good Star Wars game. An X-Wing sequel may be asking too much, but could we at least get a new Jedi Knight or something?

Forza 3 is billed as a sim... so it's supposed to be as close to a real racing experience as possible.

I love it... but it's not a lightweight game. To really get the most out of it, you do have to know a bit about tuning setups and proper racing lines and the like... though it it has auto settings for that stuff if you don't want to be bothered.

The Special Edition they came out with last year is priced pretty cheap (the same as a clean used copy of the regular game...) and comes with ALL the DLC already included.

I don't know of a F-Zero type game for XBox. I just got Wipeout as one of the free games from Sony for allowing my identity to fall into the hands of hackers. That's similar. I'm sure there must be one out there though...

For arcade-y car racing: Maybe start with PGR4 or one of the Need For Speed titles (not Shift though... those kinda take themselves too seriously, and the handling is squirrely...)

I like Grid as well... but that one is pretty tough.

Lots of demos out there for those...

Blur and Split Second give you a cross between a racing sim and Mario Kart... real cars, and power-ups and explosions. I have Blur and it's pretty good. That might be good for you...

Ed:

I'm just saying that that's what I was expecting, for some reason. I like the idea of a more sim-like game (I do prefer X-Wing to Rogue Squadron after all...), although I'm not really a racing or car enthusiast. But really, I thought that playing a sim racing game with a wheel and pedals setup would be pretty cool. But then, there don't seem to be any great ones for the 360. Maybe there will be something released when Forza 4 comes out.

On the job front it was rather interesing this week.

Monday I get a call from a place I had an interview at, for a followup 2nd interview with the CEO and manager.

On Tuesday it went well, but the reason for hiring me was not there anymore, since the customer they thought they were going to get, they didn't get.

Wednesday I got a call from another company's owner who had my name referred from the previous company.

Thursday I submitted my resume and application to the owner and it went well. Looks like I am a perfect fit for their shipping/receiving department. Going to interview with the Manager of the department likely next week.

For the latest company I have heard good things about it ,and heard they treat their employee's real well.

Keyan:

Ah, Ok... fair enough.

If do you stick with Forza 3, let me know... I have dozens of nice cars I can gift you to get you started. Save you a lot of early-lever racing in Honda Fits in order to build up your bank account.

Fanatec used to make some great wheels for the 360... but I haven't seen them listed in a while. I don't know what happened to them... You might find one on eBay or Amazon...

EDIT:

Just found their website... they make wheels with pedals and shifters (though those are often accessories that aren't included.)

Some of them are multi-platform... 360/ PS3/ PC.

Niiiiiiice!

I think I know what I'm getting myself for my birthday this year. :joy:

http://www.fanatec.de/html/index.php?id=000&lang=en

19D is an outstanding MOS. Wherever you're assigned, be the best soldier you can be. Do lots of PT, be a good shot, be the first to help a fellow soldier, never skip an opportunity to learn something useful, and always keep a positive mental attitude. Learn to recognize any ****bags in your unit (there'll almost always be at least one), and don't let them influence you in any way. Find a role model, preferably a NCO who is squared the **** away, and try to be as much like him as possible. You will be an asset to your unit, and your attitude will influence those around you to do the same. Good luck.

thanks for the advice!

Archived