Home

XWA One Year Thread, Part VI, Return of the Bottle Deposit

Kuuki

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bowled in another tournament today...they had the shot I hadn't done well on (the "Dead Man") out today, but I was in good shape after 2 games because my spare game held me in good stead; it deserted me after that, and, had I been able to stay clean that last game, I might've made the cut. I'll take it...better than I had been doing on it. :D

Chris Bosh, LeBron James, and Dwayne Wades' attempt at stacking the deck to win a championship failed.

Wish it was the Lakers that took out the Miami Heat, but Dallas will do. :D

The Lakers didn't need another championship. Kobe already has a ton of rings. Dirk is older than him and finally has his one. I'm happy for him and J-Kidd, who finally got his too.

zargon. At least it isn't a dog wandering around.

I fail to see what damage a cat does at night except a few small dead animals that most would concider pests.

It was peoples hatred of cats that lead to the "Black Death"

a wandering dog would certainly be worse

but a wandering dog is less likely to get into my fenced in yard and mess with my pets :)

speaking of cats. The kitties had their check up today and their first shots.

couple of weeks now having them, just to think when we first got em i could almost grab their whole spine cus they were so skinny.

now they've became quite the couple of chunkers :p

so, those two Jae and Bob will be snoozing for most of today cus of the shots they got. Jae's got an eye infection but we've got meds for that.

FYI my cat is scared of everything but animals half the size of himself. He hears kids outside walking to and from school and he dives for cover. If a dog even looks at him he teleports to his "safe area"

heh, my old cat was afraid of 'outside'

didnt keep him from snekaing his way to it a few times a year, stupid bastard.

For me it's the gloomy weather...

It shouldn't be fleece weather outside this late into June. And if I don't see more sun and less rain soon, I'm going to rust. So I just feel kinda... blah.

And it doesn't help that work is slow. Too slow. Which kinda sucks... because next week is totally crazy and flat-out again,.. and going from zero to insane with no kind-of ramp-up to it is going to kick my butt.

Anybody getting the new Duke Nukem? I had the first one (it was the first game I ever got for PC years ago as an XMas gift...) but I think I'll pass on this one.

my problem with 8 hours of sleep is that i am not getting "Good" sleep due to my apnea. Takes me a good hour after waking up to un-zombify due to my oxygen deprevation, and often I want to take a nap in the afternoon.

Now that the weather is nicer, and the fact I do live IN the city of La Crosse, I am making a serious effort to bike anywhere that is less then 3 miles away when doing "Errands". It works out as long as the item you are suppose to return for store credit does not get left at home, and you only find out when you arrive at the store *facepalm*

Which one? Shift 2?

I haven't touched it since DiRT 3 landed.

The handling in that game is way too touchy for me. Rampant understeer which turns into insane oversteer halfway through a turn. Cornering in the higher level cars is damn near impossible without spending hours on tuning and changing gamepad settings. I want to get my hands on a wheel and see if that improves things in that game at all.

But if you want to compare stats, you really should load up Forza 3 again to see where things stand. :dozey:

:joy:

But I'll load it up some time I have a few minutes and see where we stand.

But if you enjoy the driving games, I cannot speak highly enough about the DiRT series... Which are all great, and my current favorites.

Which one? Shift 2?

I haven't touched it since DiRT 3 landed.

The handling in that game is way too touchy for me. Rampant understeer which turns into insane oversteer halfway through a turn. Cornering in the higher level cars is damn near impossible without spending hours on tuning and changing gamepad settings. I want to get my hands on a wheel and see if that improves things in that game at all.

The first Shift. I've only played a few races, but I like it so far. Took a little fiddling with the tuning to get things right, but I can stay well ahead of the pack now.

But if you want to compare stats, you really should load up Forza 3 again to see where things stand. :dozey:

:joy:

You just wait, I'll get around to it. :xp:

But if you enjoy the driving games, I cannot speak highly enough about the DiRT series... Which are all great, and my current favorites.

OUt of my budget at the moment, even the used games. I'll probably get around to it, though.

Oh... OK.

I haven't played that one in many months... and though the handling was a bit more predictable, it still felt a bit squirrely to me at times. I'll put it in when I get a chance and see how we compare. I could use a challenge. ;)

I really can't recommend getting #2 at anywhere near full price. I like the graphics, sound, atmosphere, tracks, and car selection... but the top cars are almost undrivable with a gamepad without much, MUCH tweaking. It's kinda frustrating, because the game seemed to have so much potential.

been waiting 12 yrs.

of course i am.

srsly. i can't not play it. it's been in limbo for more than a decade and it's apparently pissing some people off with it's... unique brand of humor, which piques my interest. plus it's not like there's anything i've been dying to play coming out concurrently.

srsly. i can't not play it. it's been in limbo for more than a decade and it's apparently pissing some people off with it's... unique brand of humor, which piques my interest. plus it's not like there's anything i've been dying to play coming out concurrently.

eef7a5d8-355c-4237-a732-f54c0e095389.jpg

Archived