Home

XWA One Year Thread, Part VI, Return of the Bottle Deposit

Kuuki

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

ran the 3.5 mile straight through at 34 minutes and 30 seconds today. I would like to see that time at 28 minutes and 30 seconds which means i gotta take 6 minutes off the current time. I put heel cups in my shoes, first time running with them in, it seem to help my Achilles/ankle.

orientation at walmart went alright..gotta tell them i'm bailing a week from monday. should be fun.

Dear God... D&D!

I saw almost all of my D&D nerd friends from my grade school days last weekend... and my girlfriend's daughter found a bunch of my miniature D&D figurines a couple of days ago. She dug the ones I had painted, and asked if we could start a project where we paint the rest...

I went out and bought a paint set and brushes the other day.

And my girlfriend actually wants to play it. She thinks it sounds fascinating...

I seem to be getting pulled back into the world of pencil and paper RPG-ing whether I like it or not...

Hmmm...

Pish...

I haven't touched a D&D rulebook since circa 1986... long before 2nd Edition came out.

I'm not about to invest the money and time in a whole new set of rules... 1st Ed. all the way, baby! ;P

I still have all the funky Gygax 70's and 80's AD&D books and supplements, as well as the original boxed " D&D Basic" sets. If I do bother to ever try my hand at it again, that's gonna be the way I go.

picture.php?albumid=86&pictureid=8384

:joy:

Yes. Satan is obviously in dire need of an army of pre-teen virgin ultra-nerds.

However: When I was playing D&D, I was just too busy researching ancient history, medieval weapons and armor, life in dark-ages times, mythology, Tolkien, the architecture of castles and cathedrals, and cartology just to play the damn game properly to really be a good evil minion... so I fell out of favor and was eventually disfellowshipped.

:joy:

playing through oblivion's thieve guild quest. that game is so addicting. i only need to beat thieves guild quest and the main quest to have all of the original achievements unlocked. except for the shivering isles expansion, i still need to get that. my character is level 32..i can level up but whenever you level, all the things in the game level too and are more difficult/frustrating, so once i get the achievements i'll level like crazy.

Wow, everyone is strutting thier geek right now.

I agree, 3.5 is way better then the travesty of hyper marketing 4.0 is. Since 3.5 is out of print I felt there was nothing wrong with doing some downloads of scanned PDFs. Only problem is the group I recently joined does 3.0. and the DM has a mercenary rule. if you bring in an extra book, he gets to use anything against it against his players.

I have only really started playing D&D in the last few years. I used to do a lot of RPGs playing Palladium or GURPS.

I was in a group back in the day that did a whole campaign of Star Fleet battles taht took place after the Original series, and before the ST movies that involved the Romulan vs Federation war.

Today I did my first pilgrimage to lambeau Field with some friends for the Packers annual Stock holder meeting.

Tomorrow I am going camping in Southern WIsconsin for a Star Party. A friend of myine has about 4 telescopes and a great campins site scoped out.

ring ring ring ring ring banana phone!

ok, that was just a test. I've been having problems with the quick reply feature on a one particular vb based forum :3

well, might as well make this post useful... :3

I've been enjoying my time in the Star Trek Online 3rd Fleet for several months, I'm currently taking two summer classes to up my GPA, advanced weight lifting and early America (history)

Had a test last thrus, and as well as today. those things hurt my hand cus with that teacher its all hand written essays ~_~

as for the weight lifting class, i've been mostly sore and having to deal with 'that month of the year' crap, anyone from my area might/should know what I'm talking about, especally with the last few days.

but as for that 3rd fleet, i've re-found my forum based RPG calling, and have used my Cantina experience to honestly keep all of those guys really interested in what I have to write about >:3

I was in a group back in the day that did a whole campaign of Star Fleet battles taht took place after the Original series, and before the ST movies that involved the Romulan vs Federation war.
I have a Trek-based RPG system as well...

picture.php?albumid=86&pictureid=8385

Signed by James Doohan... Frikken Scotty! :bow:

I never did much with it. I was the only hardcore Trek geek of my group. Nobody else was ever really interested in giving it a shot... A couple of space battles... That was really about it.

:(

For SFB we used to have quick battles of Klingon BoPs in a free for all. Usually ended with nothing but expanding clouds of Trititanium.

oh and keyan, if you think D&D leads to Satan worshiping, I would encourage you to read "The Pulling Report" on how badly misinformation can spread with just a single fanatic who is given a voice

2nd day of work at this other walmart...boring computer based training...not sure when would be the best time to drop the 'i'm leaving to become a trained killer for the military' bomb. i didn't want to bother telling them when i got hired cause i honestly didn't think they would hire me considering i would be leaving then...but now that i'm hired, would it be illegal for them to terminate me? curious...

BTW, Avalon Hill also had a war game based on Robert Heinlen's "Starship Troopers" :)

R15, I believe companies are not supposed to fire you for fulfilling a National Guard commitment, but they can always say they fired you for other reasons, one of them being not disclosing your application to the join the Guard when you applied, which meets that clause on their job application.

I also remember a Star Wars RPG, as well as a Middle Earth one. (I never tried either of these personally, since I was mostly out of the gaming world by the point they both came out. I believe they both got decent reviews though...)

Ed, those war games were fun...counters could only move certain numbers of squares (and often actually hexes) and stuff based on the unit type and the terrain represented on the board. I remember buying "Tactics," which was just a general war game not really based on anything, but the "Squad Leader" series were classics in that genre of board games. I remember playing one that recreated the Battle of the Bulge from WW2, as well.

For the Avalon Hill SI sports games, I had the Statis Pro baseball, football, and basketball games (which were statistical replay games featuring actual MLB, NFL, and NBA players), but I had "Win, Place, and Show," a horse racing game, too, even going so far as getting the accessory cards featuring famous racehorses like Secretariat and Man O' War.

IIRC the Avon hill starship troopers (which was based on the BOOK not the movie) wasn't all that great. Most of all my gaming back in the day was Sci-Fi based.

Of course there was the Avon hill "B-17 Queen of the SKies" solitare game that I played many times. Even did complete 25 mission campaigns.

This weekend I went down to a Star party. SOme of the things I found/saw with a 8" Celestron and a friends homebuilt 12" newtonian.

Saturn (as well as Titian)

McNaught C/2009 R1 (it was about 8th Magnitude)

Several Messier Objects

Jupiter, and at least 2 Galian moons.

The sky glow was a minimum 5.7 Magnitude.

Archived