Home

XWA One Year Thread, Part VI, Return of the Bottle Deposit

Kuuki

R15, online or not, the job application probably said that withholding any information from or giving incomplete information to the company during the hiring process could be grounds for termination. They probably needed to know your military status to decide whether to hire you. They probably wouldn't have given you the job if they knew you're going to be away for a lengthy period of time for training and not be available to them.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I remember that when Wally*Mart came to town, the opinion went from "Oh wow! We have a Wal*Mart now!!!" to "Oh gawd... now we have a Wal*Mart?!??" like almost overnight.

Our W*M got to be the most ghetto one around pretty quickly as well... for a long time I would drive a half hour to go to one in another town that actually kept it's shelves stocked and didn't have random crap littering all the aisles.

It's gotten better... but I still tend to avoid it. I tend to frequent the wholesale clubs far more often, and then Target for the stuff I can't get there.

I thought getting a McDonald's was when a place became "It". Wal-Mart was more of a "We can build it here" and does

No way, man, we had a McDonald's long before we made it. Actually, when we got the Wal-Mart we got a second McDonalds, because there was one inside the Wal-Mart. Though it has since been changed to a Subway, which I think we can all agree is a substantial upgrade.

Having worked Food service and Retail, I would hate to work Food service INSIDE a retail store.

I avoid wal-mart like the plague. If i want to save money and get quality merchandise I got to costco. At least when I go to Costco I know I am saving money and getting some good deals

Costco > Sam's Club

ah, you should have transferred or went to another department...not all the places are the same...kinda my situation with wells fargo when i worked there, i couldn't transfer because i was on a probation period for a year...pretty lame. yeah some of the managers really suck especially the ones that think omg walmart is the best thing ever' and refuse to understand when you think something they're telling you to do is ass backwards. then again, i had good managers for the most part and a really good department manager, plus i worked in photo which rocked. i'll probably end up back at that walmart after osut. i went through alot of jobs since i left walmart last year...

securitas for 3 months doing security-best job i had however was overworked and 3rd shift killed social life and i was always tired, couldn't take time off when i needed to..

kane/warehouse temp did that for about 2 months nice easy work got kinda boring the shift wasn't all that great but it was steady then they started dropping hours and i got laid off

wendy's i won't even go there...hired then i quit cause i dont like minimum wage

wachovia/wells fargo feb-april i think? it sucked. i'm not really a social, outspoken, loud-voiced person and 90% of the customers were in their retirement age...and dealing with alot of cash and not making decent money...and all coworkers were 40s+women who only job ever was a teller so whenever i ****ed up it was like i cheated on monopoly or something. i give them credit though they gave me alot of chances but i realized before they fired me that i am not salesman quality. lol i can only laugh when i imagine the days i didnt come in...the lines out the door. mwahahahaha

kane is able warehouse temp again...though for kimberly clark so paper products ftw...it was alright but i quit after about 6 weeks because i was starting to develop carpal tunnels syndrome and that is a bitch trying to do pushups with that. so-so good pay, awesome coworkers, 10 hour shifts kinda sucked...but the 3 days off in a row were nice.

back to walmart....so far so good, though i won't be back until december or january...

the job i am going to look into going for is AGR guard as a technician where i can work at the national guard armory full-time!

with the mos i picked i can attend airborne, air assault, sniper, and pathfinder school if there are openings in my unit for it and if i qualify for it. i am excited! :)

I'm also planning on using the college moneys when i get back too and going to college for the first time. :D

Maybe it was because I worked at a small town store that was a hole to begin with. I started by working with a Remodel for the store and got an outstanding review. THen I went to 3rd shift receiving/stocking and the department heads were morons and covered their ass by blaming the other shifts. Then I got a new Manager who was a MBA stooge who had no leadership skills. I refused to keep tallies or count on how much I stocked since i did pets and automotive. Took me an hour to stock 50 bags of food, while the retard working at the store could stock 200 pens and pencils an hour

Guess who got the better review?

The store manager could have been a politician because he was so good at weaseling when I confronted him with the Dept and my manager. Ended up quitting due to frustration

Most of my weekend was pretty excellent... but yesterday was one of "those" days. Where everything went wrong.

Working very long, VERY grueling hours every night this week. Not looking forward to it.

I am only one race left from being done with Forza 3, however. It's an insanely tough one, though. I might have to try it a couple of times before I can come in first... which is a pain... because the race is well over an hour long.

I am only one race left from being done with Forza 3, however. It's an insanely tough one, though. I might have to try it a couple of times before I can come in first... which is a pain... because the race is well over an hour long.

By "done", are you including getting all the achievements as well?

Yeah: That's all about capturing the last Achievement I need... I "finished" the actual single player well over a year ago.

The last Achievement I need to get in this game is: getting first place in all 1,000 races on the master event calendar.

I have only 1 left.

9 laps of the Nürburgring Nordschleife in a Le Mans Prototype.

I did almost 6 laps last night before it got to be too much, and my driving got lousy. The car got damaged, and I lost my downforce, couldn't steer properly, and was passed after losing the 30-second lead I was holding over the car in second place.

It was very frustrating to have to quit after over a half hour into the race... but I never would have won in that condition... making the effort of going for that achievement kinda moot.

I'll have to try again first chance I get. Choose a different car, and tune it better.

Archived