Home

XWA One Year Thread, Part VI, Return of the Bottle Deposit

Kuuki

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Looks good, Z! :thmbup1:

This week is finally wrapping up for me! A meeting today, and a short shift tomorrow... then two weeks to try and catch my breath and attempt to feel at least partially human again.

Unfortunately, those weeks will go by blazingly fast, I'm sure. Then it's a long haul back to Christmas... :dozey:

Worked yesterday... for an event that took less than an hour to happen. Then my vacation started. Did nada today. Slept late. Watched Top Gear marathon for a while with the GF. Home now... about to have dinner. Might play some games later. Then do some reading.

Ahhh... Freedom!

:joy:

had a nice weekend

starting off with friday (turned 26) :p

camped down at my 'rents permanent site in dansville so i could attend the hillclimb on sunday

funny, my ma bought 200 bucks worth of food

i bought 230 in liquor :joy:

eventually i'm going to get off my arse and figure out how to merge some of the hillclimb action that we recorded into one file and then i'm going to upload it to youtube. couple of good accidents :)

Kukki, Windows Live Movie Maker would be pretty good for that; it can even use MP4 files, if that's what you have (the Windows Movie Maker that came w/ my installation of Vista couldn't).

I barely had time to stop yesterday w/ my b-day and all of the best wishes on FB, but I got my new cable box last Friday and watched most of the Red Sox games since then in HD. The Sox were in KC over the weekend, which really brought out what I could see on the TV: I could make out individual blades of grass and see the ripples in the water in the famed fountain at Kauffman Stadium. My cable company walked me through setting the box for 1080i, but I've since reverted back to 720p after being told that 720p was better for sports.

East Coast earthquake just a while ago. Anybody else feel it?

I was (well, technically, I still am...) sitting on my girlfriend's couch, watching Can-Am racing from Canada. I thought a oil tanker or cargo ship was going by. (She's right on a river inlet, so that's a fairly common occurrence...)

Wild.

Kukki, Windows Live Movie Maker would be pretty good for that; it can even use MP4 files, if that's what you have (the Windows Movie Maker that came w/ my installation of Vista couldn't).

attempted on two computers

seems like my dad's kodak camera likes to make movies in quicktime .mov format.

either way i found a way to not only convert but also mash em up together

so, gimmie a half an hour and i'll post it

[edit]

(This BBCode requires its accompanying plugin to work properly.)

Yeah... I'm supposed to fly down to Florida on Monday to visit my dad, and I suspect that is going to interfere with my travel plans somewhat.

I'm happy I grabbed the travel insurance option. I don't get it normally... but a little voice in my head told me to go for it this time.

I've decided I'm going to let my geek flag fly... I've bought a bunch of model paints, and I'm going to paint the rest of my unfinished D&D lead miniatures. My girlfriend's kids found them, and asked me if we could do it someday. So, now I have a project to keep us all occupied for the next rainy day.

I also have lead miniatures of a bunch of Star Trek ships too... I should really go all-in and do them up too, at the same time.

attempted on two computers

seems like my dad's kodak camera likes to make movies in quicktime .mov format.

either way i found a way to not only convert but also mash em up together

so, gimmie a half an hour and i'll post it

[edit]

Cool... but I really want to see a big-ol' Hell's Angel attempt it on a Harley chopper. That would be entertaining.

:joy:

When you said hill-climb, I was actually thinking of something else...

Archived