Home

XWA One Year Thread, Part VI, Return of the Bottle Deposit

Kuuki

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Oh no, RTS has been alive and doing OK in our corner of the Gaming Universe. Not as well as World of Warcraft or the FPS domination of the Console Wars, but alive and doing ok.

SC2 was the shot of adrenaline the genre needed, honestly.

And if they changed too much with Starcraft, you'd have 48 million angry South Koreans coming to the U.S. and taking on Blizzard Entertainment in a massive Zerg rush. :D

yeah FPS is huge because of consoles. and you cant do RTS on a console(OK you can, but you shouldnt).

the new super mario is excellent I hear, but of course, wii only....

"Post-bowled" for virtual league today, since I usually submit my regular league scores and that was called last night. I would really liked to have had my last game back, but I still almost got the 6, so the post-bowl was a decent start to the winter virtual league.

Hurt myself curling tonight.

My League team started out in the last game of the 1st half in a 3 way tie for 2nd place. In my shift the 1st place team and 2nd place team for both halves get into the play offs.

So we needed to win our game to have a chance at making the playoffs, either for the first half, or last half. After my shots in the third end I was stepping off the ice and my slider (left) foot slipped out, as I tried to transfer my weight to my other foot.. while falling, i severely twisted my non-slider foot. in the next end I tried to get into the hack to deliver and I couldn't put any pressure on my twisted ankle. Nor could i even help with sweeping. With my medicore front end stepping up, and doing their best. it was torture dealing with the pain in my foot, and the fact I couldn't do anything to help my team win the important game.

We did win it, in an extra end. I got a game next sunday, i just hope I can heal enough to play

but here's what I want to do. As a new-years resolution I want to push the "norm's" for these XWA 1yr thread posters to at least get at the min of 4 achievements for this year.

so, I make this one recommendation:

For a new achievement: "Once in a Blue Milk Moon" should be given to a Forum Veteran Member whom has said Veteran status, but whom does post regularly (yet irregularly(SP?) (IE not a 'DEAD' member))

to be given his achievement

IE: I nominate LukA_YJK for this, he's a forum vet and a 10yr vet and still had less then 1k posts. but still is a popular users to us 'oldies'.

I think this is an achievement on itself.

Ahem, LukA_YJK? That's a name I've not heard in a long time... a long time. Please somebody give me a kerchief. Can't stop tears. Thank you... thank you...

GO PACK GO!

Rumors are that Chicago Bears are going to forfeit their game against the Seahawks so they won't get embarrassed by the Packers at home

Also reports are coming in of another massive avian death as 53 Falcons choke in Atlanta. This is likely related to the 53 burned eagles in Philadelphia last Sunday. Seattle's Seahawks are put in protective custody by bears

GO PACK GO!

Rumors are that Chicago Bears are going to forfeit their game against the Seahawks so they won't get embarrassed by the Packers at home

Also reports are coming in of another massive avian death as 53 Falcons choke in Atlanta. This is likely related to the 53 burned eagles in Philadelphia last Sunday. Seattle's Seahawks are put in protective custody by bears

god atlanta looked AWFUL. but seriously you wont the egales on game a on alast second INT in the endzone, not exactly 'burned'

packers @ bears for the division would be epic.

:rolleyes: at the bolded part

oh come on... can't take a little smack talk? ;) your worse then the media bringing up every controversial tweet by players.

I agree, packers and bears in the Championship game would and should be epic. Tho I don't think the Bears would be able to handle the packers right now.

I for one don't care who wins now. Packers are going all the way now. They are getting hot at the right moment and they won't stop until the Lombardi trophy comes back to it's original home.

Tho to make it easier I do hope the Jets win and make an apperance at the super bowl for a play date with the Packers

Snow again here today. Yay. :rolleyes:

So... I'm about to give up on my F1 game. Can't finish Monaco in anything but dead last, no matter how I set up the car and how fast, smooth or aggressively I drive. And I'm getting tired of lapping this track again and again just to try to gain a couple of spots... but it just seems impossible for me to even make 20th.

:mad:

Well... the weekend with the GF was nice. But the week is getting off to a frustrating start.

I for one don't care who wins now. Packers are going all the way now. They are getting hot at the right moment and they won't stop until the Lombardi trophy comes back to it's original home.

Tho to make it easier I do hope the Jets win and make an apperance at the super bowl for a play date with the Packers

I'm just LOL'ing at how all of a sudden the pack and their fans are 'so sure' they are going to win the super bowl now.

anyone that is 'sure' they know the outcome is kidding them self :D

the pack are hot now thats for sure

the pack are hot now thats for sure

And that is what counts for when you go to the bigdance

Considering they soundly beat the NFC Favorite to make it to the superbowl? I say yea. Packers fans were not sure they could beat the Falcons, but they were gladly proven wrong.

If the Pack can keep the heat on, then they'll take down Chicago.

Force Cutler to throw some picks and I think they have it. And Cutler is known to throw some picks.

You defense can do it. Because I don't think the Bears have the Offensive power to out score the Jets in a close game. The Packers do.

I kinda don't care at this point.

I only bother to follow football at all when the Pats are doing well... and only then so that I might stand a chance of following or engaging in the conversations my friends, co-workers, and relatives are probably having.

Otherwise, I'm with Keyan: *YAWN* :dozey:

Bring on the 2011 WRC and F1 race season!!!

:joy:

Oh... and I'm working through watching the first season of the American Top Gear right now. A couple of decent moments... but overall pretty weak. The presenters are really stiff... although one of them can actually drive REALLY well. The episodes are getting a bit better as they progress, though.

I actually like the track better than the British version.

I'll watch all of them... but it's only because I've memorized all the episodes of the British show already.

And Cracken... what's all this I read on the Facebook about you joining the ranks of the unattached again?

Ayup. Coudn't deal with my gamer self.

Like i didn't warn her about that either. >.>

oh well, tough ****. Move on with life and focus on my goals.

If anything, I get more Starcraft time now.

On Football: It's one of the few sports other than Starcraft that I truely have a passion for and enjoy. Regardless of who's playing in the playoffs, it's fun to analyze and debate the outcomes.

And it's really fun to watch.

Archived