Home

Recommendation for new forum achievement

Kuuki

as I made my tid-bit statement in the new XWA 1yr thread:

http://lucasforums.com/showthread.php?p=2762158#post2762158

A new forum achievement "Once in a Blue Milk Moon"

To be given to those actual Veteran Members to the forum, whom have said achievement whom do in fact on their regular basis, where it isn't a 'spread out' per daily posts, but they have their posts so ill-regularly that they are regulars but yet still have less then 1k (or adjusted count of...) posts.

Idea for icon design: the same square, but with a tall glass of white liquid on an angle with some of the fluid 'dripping out' of it, with an almost white background

well Lynk, I think a bit of the best explanation goes to "Qui-Gon Glenn", which I believe I do have a little bit of a problem in "clearly" explaining my ideas from time to time.

The idea is not exactly if someone would post irregularly before 1k (or what ever agreed that number of posts) but merely the time of regularly to make his/her posts given that said person has been a member for X-years

It would have to be at least a forum veteran with X amount of posts with X period 'known' (year amount)

And of course this requirement would be have to limited to a small number of posts.

if it were a minimum than anyone over the 5yr mark would be qualified. but if people whom do post regularly with an maximum X post count, means that 'post pumping' can not EVER be achieved by people like you or me (Lynk).

By default, with my idea, we are currently disqualified from said achievement.

As of right now I can say a couple of names

http://lucasforums.com/member.php?u=12940 < Luka_YJK (the main reason why)

http://lucasforums.com/member.php?u=82529 < (Rogue For Hire (whom since 2003 does not have any vet badges)

I say any thing that is limited by staff disqualifies be default. that should be rather obvious

The idea is more on: active community 'just' irregularly 'but' constant

which, of course this throws out Rogue For Hire, because until he starts posting regularly (and I mean continuously regularly) even he is disqualified.

the award should be for someone whom is regularly interested but not able continuously enough to pust daily to rank up at least a pre-agreed amount, but still remain active for the minimum 5yr achievement.

that is the idea.

Like I mentioned, like people with around my post count and more, can not *ever* have the achievement.

and of course when I post "X" as what ever, it literally means 'what ever is agreed upon" period

(sry lemme edit tomorrow if possible to make more sense, if needed)

@ Scar: Luka has both the 10 year and Forum Veteran badge. I'm pretty sure I gave the forum veteran badge to him and Niner gave the 10 year badge to him... as for RfH, yeah it looks like he got overlooked... but not necessarily because there's no badge that suits him, rather because no one bothered to ask in the badge recommendation thread and have it seconded by someone who has been around here long enough to recommend it.

The forum veteran badge was made, at least in my mind, for folks who are remembered as being a part of LF's history, not by how much they have posted. Also, it's not like the mods scour the forums to find people to give badges to... that's kind of why we have the badge recommendation thread.

But yeah... I really don't see the point in this badge at all.

Love the badge title/art idea. I'm not sure if we should reward people for being under a certain post count, since we don't have one for being over a certain post count, other than the user title, and that's not a badge anyway. Hopefully I'm not forgetting anything, though.

I think we should shoot for rewarding quality, anyway. :)

That being said, the name and badge art idea is awesome, and I wouldn't mind seeing it used in some fashion.

That it is, I'm talking about above and beyond that. Notable contributor is a prerequisite, then they get custom achievement badges as prestige. I.E. You, lynk, have your own site for reviews and such maybe you get a commentary badge, or someone could contribute to cosplay since I know we have lots of anime and manga fans, then we have computer experts among the rest of us mere computer users. Maybe someone with a fanfic badge could get another achievement for most well canon researched, another for most moving piece, stuff like that.

So custom/specialized merit badges is what I'm suggesting. Custom ones I know we have done on a rare basis. So I guess just prestige on top of what we already have.

I know people are going to gripe about having to do more work for another badge but in a way it's carving out a niche and making a name for yourself.

Just...offering ideas, make of it what you will.

I think we should shoot for rewarding quality, anyway. :)
Yes, this is the element that was missing. The poster is an irregularly regular contributor who doesn't always speak up, but gets heard like EF Hutton when she does, because it is good/funny/informative/cool. And the behavior is the same, over an extended amount of time... not a ton of posts, happen in short spurts here or there, gaps in activity, but it has been like that for 'x' years.

I am still a n00b relatively, and honestly no one right now I can think of is a candidate for the badge. That is good. It is an oddball title.

That being said, the name and badge art idea is awesome, and I wouldn't mind seeing it used in some fashion.
Really the main reason why I like it. Just being honest :)

Archived