Home

Dak's Armored Robes 2.0

Dak Drexl

This is an update to my previous "Republic Armored Robes" mod.

ReadMe:

Show spoiler
(hidden content - requires Javascript to show)

Dak's Armored Robes 2.0 - ReadMe

Description:

This will add and implement into the game three *brand new* types of models - a "Jedi General Robe", a "Armored Republic Robe", and a "Sith Marauder Robe". The models I have created are a Jedi robe merged with the Republic Officer's uniform, the Republic Armor, and the Ubese Assassin's armor. The Jedi General Robe comes in four variations, the Republic Armor in four, and the Sith Armor in two. Each armor has its own unique icon, stats, and descriptions (as seen in the screenshots). The armors have been implemented into four locations: The Republic Crash site and on the corpse outside the mandalorian cache on Dxun, the Exile's locker on the Harbinger, and onto the corpse of the Sith Master in the Dxun tomb.

Notes:

-Like I said above, the armors can be found in four places, the Republic crash site (check all the corpses!) and outside the Mandalorian cache. There you will also find a datapad explaining why the items are where they are. They can also be found in the Exile's locker on the Harbinger and in the loot from the corpse of the Sith Master in the Dxun tomb.

-I know the females look weird. The only way I could figure out how to get a working female model was to add the female torso to the male robe, which gave awkward results. It's the best it's going to get, sorry! It does work bug free though so it's better than no female models in my opinion. I got many complaints of a lack of female models in version 1, so I tried to please my critics as best as I could!

Bugs/Incompatibilities:

-One problem with this mod is that one of my new models takes the slot used for the dancer's outfit. To work around this problem, the dancer's outfit is now a disguise item and will give you the appearance of a Twi'lek dancer. I know it isn't very realistic, but it's the best alternative I could think of.

-Uses some of the same model slots as 90SK's "SUPER Content Mod", so some of his items will show up with my models without skins (It's only the "Jedi Tunic" model and the "Armored Flight Suit" as far as I know). I personally play with both mods and it's fine with me. Just install this mod last!

-Uses one of the placeable files as Kuai-Don Jorn's "Heroes of the Old Republic" saber mod, so install HIS mod last. You will have to just use KSE to get the missing robes.

Installation:

Extract the files,

Just Press Install,

Select your Kotor2 Directory which is located at:

My Computer>C:>ProgramFiles>LucasArts>SWKotOR2

Credits:

Thank you to VarsityPuppet for finding out how to combine models.

Thank you to FrantFire/GeorgNihilus for expertly getting most of the items in-game.

Thank you to jonathan7 for allowing me to include his two awesome skins in this mod.

Thank you to Sith Holocron for his always great suggestions.

Permissions:

You may not use this mod in any of your mods or alter this publicly in any way without my consent. Contact me at dakdrexl@gmail.com or Dak Drexl on LucasForums.

Enjoy!

KotOR Files Review:

Show spoiler

Dak_Drexl returns to us at KotOR Files with an update for his "Republic Armored Robes" mod for Knights of the Old Republic 2: The Sith Lords. Essentially this modification adds new armours to the game, by combining the Jedi Robe cape with the various armours found in game, the results of course are impressive, and needless to say doing this complicated procedure involves a considerable amount of technical skill. There are several new skins in this pack which are called the "Jedi General Robe", a "Armored Republic Robe and the "Sith Marauder Robe". The robes are integrated into the game so you will be able to acquire them on your journey through the Star Wars universe in The Sith Lords, be sure to check the readme if you want to know where!

A complaint some had with the original version was the lack of female alternative armours, in this version Dak_Drexl has fixed this by also making female variation of the armours available. Unfortunately due to complications in the process the author feels that the female variants are not as good as the male ones, however there isn't much more he can do. As with any aesthetic a review of the screenshots would be most beneficial in ascertaining if these excellent armored robes are the type of thing you would like to see in your game.

There mod does have a couple of problems with it, firstly because of using more slots for the different variety of slots, the dancers outfit has become a disguise item which makes the NPC look like a Twilek, in future, I would suggest the modder adds a new line to the appearance.2da and could turn the various NPC's in the dancing outfit into a disguise themselves outright to circumvent this issue. There may also be one or two compatibility issues with some of the more major TSL modifications.

All in all this is an excellent modification requiring a high degree of skill to execute and comes thoroughly recommended, especially if you are looking for your PC to have more to wear in the way of armored robes!

Screens:

Show spoiler

reprobe.jpg

femrep.jpg

jedigen.jpg

femgen.jpg

weaponmaster.jpg

sithrobe.jpg

malagus.jpg

exilerobe.jpg

jedistats.jpg

locations.jpg

**Deadlystream Download Link**

Well Dak, another impressive work of yours ... :thmbup1:

I really like specially how both the Armoured Marauder's robes and Darth Malgus' armor look, 'cause IMO the tunics fit better with the "impressive" armors below in these cases, maybe also because of the almost black textures. The ubese armor and the other black armor fit great below the jedi robes.

I think I'm gonna keep these 2 instead of Revan's robes ... yep. About the others, I'd like to have at least a couple of female armored robes but replacing the slave outfit column bothers me a little ... nevertheless; doing an uti with a twilek disguise for the dancer kit was a smart tweak indeed ... :nod: in case I do change my mind.

I'll probably replace the armored flight suits female column to try a couple of female armored robes ...

someone should have foreseen this game was gonna need additional appearance 'columns' to add outfits ... :raise: if it was possible to add 'unused' columns that is ...

thanks for sharing, outstanding job again :golfclap:

Well Dak, another impressive work of yours ... :thmbup1:

I think I'm gonna keep these 2 instead of Revan's robes ... yep. About the others, I'd like to have at least a couple of female armored robes but replacing the slave outfit column bothers me a little ... nevertheless; doing an uti with a twilek disguise for the dancer kit was a smart tweak indeed ... :nod: in case I do change my mind.

I'll probably replace the armored flight suits female column to try a couple of female armored robes ...

thanks for sharing, outstanding job again :golfclap:

Thanks! These do replace the revan robe model, but the disguise robes should still work (never liked the regular star forge model anyway).

someone should have foreseen this game was gonna need additional appearance 'columns' to add outfits ... :raise: if it was possible to add 'unused' columns that is ...

Yeah I really wish we could add more because then we would have unlimited possibilities of neat models :p

Could we get a close up of the medal on the robes?

(Thanks for the mention in the credits by the way!)

No problem - you were very helpful! The medal is just photo-sourced from some military medal, I can try to get a close-up or just find a picture similar to it.

Not bad. Only problem I have, is that it seems the Exile's robe(and the items that come with it, that should be on the Harbinger), appears both where the plasteel cylinder where the Miner's Outfit should be, and near the one next to the terminal in the Fuel Depot(the one used to open the Airlock door).

Though, to be honest, adding the female robe to the female armor model wouldn't work?

Not bad. Only problem I have, is that it seems the Exile's robe(and the items that come with it, that should be on the Harbinger), appears both where the plasteel cylinder where the Miner's Outfit should be, and near the one next to the terminal in the Fuel Depot(the one used to open the Airlock door).

Whoops, I though that the exile's locker was a safe .utp. I guess not...

Though, to be honest, adding the female robe to the female armor model wouldn't work?

If it worked I would have done it. For some reason the female robes don't like to be added to anything or vice versa :mad:

Thanks for the feedback though!

Whoops, I though that the exile's locker was a safe .utp. I guess not...

Well that g_tresmillow007.utp has the tag MilLowFootLker, which is used many times in the game. There are even 2 or 3 g_tresmillow007.utp files in different modules ... so the outfit might appear in a bunch of places :raise: ...

I haven't found a single utp to place an outfit in the Harbinger, not with a unique tag. However, in the 201TEL level (the arriving Telos Citadel station level I suppose) there's a unique Security Locker with a unique ith_locker tag, although I dunno exactly where the locker is (maybe in the closed room to the right of the docking bay?? :rolleyes: possibly).

Might be a good point to place outfits, although not in Harbinger.

hope that helps :thmbup1:

Looking good Dak.

The only problem I see from the screenies, is the transparent spots inside the cloak, at the waist level, and near the neck. You can see the yellow bick road behind them, and they're more noticable on the females. I can tell from working with those robes myself, that it is from missing (or deleted) polys, rather than alpha channels. You might want to move the poly verticies inside of the robe, so that they block off those holes.

• 5 months later...

Archived