Home

Proven & available electronic harassment technologies

Darth Avlectus

OK, so here is a topic that is fairly politically/ideologically neutral. I'm actually a little apprehensive about bringing it up. Still, it's something I cannot ignore. Would like input. Opinons as well as expertise is certainly welcome.

Was going to put this in the TSA thread I opened up but this quickly became a topic all its own.

There is experimentation going on right now (and has been) with microwaves. Look up "proven available electronic harassment technologies". Any search engine. It isn't as if this technology has been covered up, it's obviously available to everyday citizens if you know where to look. Has been for awhile now.

Before I continue: although I do not believe any of you would actually try to obtain or use this technology, I personally think as a hobbyist in electrical, electronic, mechanical and other technology, that it's my responsibility to warn any of you who might even think to attempt use and experimentation (due to ease of access). I strongly recommend that you DO NOT under any circumstances, attempt to construct nor experiment with this device or similar implementations, especially if you are lacking in necessary experience and qualifications to do so. The dangers present are radiation in the form of microwaves, and electrocution hazards at INSTANTLY LETHAL POWER LEVELS (as in FRIED DEAD-DEAD WITH NO SECOND CHANCES) present from the high side of the power supply.

If you do decide to undertake experimentation, you must ONLY do so with extreme caution and only under direction of qualified personnel in appropriately equipped areas. You MUST also be AWARE of and UNDERSTAND the applicable laws in addition to the dangers.

Now then.

Here's one result: http://www.multistalkervictims.org/shoestringradio/proventechs.htm

The article is a bit slanted towards "this could be used towards stalking and harassment". Still, the implications of this are too hard to ignore.

Law enforcement could use this. Correctional facilities could implement it. People with know how could use it.

This kind of stuff does all sorts of "wonderful" things to people like potential brain damage. Damages electronic devices. It's absurd. While I imagine there are laws against frivolous use of this sort of thing, this is still hard to detect with conventional means (Hard but not impossible).

I don't even want to get into what a can of worms regulations of this is going to be--but if you want to discuss that as well I won't stop you.

I can imagine the uses would range from detections of sorts, to deterrents. Possibly uses as a weapon. What do you all think about potential use of this technology on living beings?

Archived