Home

What Developer should to RC2?

SmootheOperator

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am a fan of what Ubisoft Montreal did to Rainbow Six Vegas and Vegas 2, both really solid, but under rated games, with really great mechanics and finding cover system.

If it was Treyarch, i would hope they made the action a little more balanced than Black Ops. It is like a several hour long rush, i played for 2 hours, and had to quit because my eyes hurt and my head was pounding. Can't play 6 or 7 hour marathon sessions like i could i high school.

i really didn't have PC in mind when i started this, i'm a console gamer, never really got into PC, played the first couple Hitman games on PC, and that as far as it went. so i am a little biased.

Pandemic did a hell of a job on Merceneries 2, but would you want RC2 as a sandbox game? or a structured mission based shooter?

Hypothetical - Lucas Arts lays off too many people, and cannot make Republic Commando 2.

I have to disagree. I think the reason we havent seen a Republic Commando 2 yet is due to a smaller fan base. If you look at KotOR you'll notice that it has a very large fan base. While TOR is no KotOR III, it's still based on the same era, and was created for fans of the series. But that's just my opinion

They have to contract out to make it. What Studio/developer should get the privilage of making a true Star Wars shooter?

I would say Bungie but that would create competition for Halo. Personally I think they should stick with the same developer.

she did, but it may be a portion of the Star Wars Universe that Lucas may want to explore again.

At Star Wars Celebration 5, when a clip from The Clone Wars Season 3 was revealed, and a squad of Republic Commandos showed up, the crowd went insane.

If something live like that gets such a huge response, maybe it will be something the powers at be will deem worth revisiting.

maybe once another Imperial Commando book comes out, but it will never be a main stage license like The Old Republic or TFU.

Well, I suppose that couldn't hurt the RC scene but alone it's not enough to make a big enough fan base.

I think we've have seen the last of anything Republic Commando related. Now that all the prequels have been released I think Lucas Arts games are shifting more toward either the old republic or what happened during episodes IV-VI.

What I would like to see is if this Star Wars TV shows gets underway have an entire episode based on the Republic Commando story.

it's coming, don't worry. One of the clips being shown is a group of RCs around an autopsy table with Master Kenobi lookin at a corpse. The thing must be mangled beyond recognition, because they don't tink even an animal would do something like that. That leads me to believe that the RC story line will come around the same time as Savage Opress

it's coming, don't worry. One of the clips being shown is a group of RCs around an autopsy table with Master Kenobi lookin at a corpse. The thing must be mangled beyond recognition, because they don't tink even an animal would do something like that. That leads me to believe that the RC story line will come around the same time as Savage Opress

Sorry to get of topic but do you have a link for that?

Assuming we somehow slip into an alternate reality and they do make an RC2 (which is the only way I can see it ever happening now), I think that, as SmootheOperator mentioned above, a Rainbow Six style would be interesting, and would certainly expand on the squad elements of the game.

And assuming any of the original development team were still around, it would be far better to let them make it, as opposed to shipping it out to Bungie, Valve or whoever else, but that may have something to do with me finding all of their games rather boring.

For the RCs in The Clone Wars,

is the best. Right from the get-go

Halo is great for single player shooter, but as far as squad based, i can't find anything better than Rainbow 6 Vegas. It has all the things yu need to have a good RC game, besides that Rainbow 6 is kind of a parallel of Republic Commando

First person, like the first game, or third person, like Rainbow Six Vegas, for those who have not played Vegas or Vegas 2, youtube it. I think putting RC2 in next gen consoles, instead of the limited power of the original Xbox would clear up a lot of the cosmetic problems. It would be nice to see it in High Def,

First person, like the first game, or third person, like Rainbow Six Vegas, for those who have not played Vegas or Vegas 2, youtube it. I think putting RC2 in next gen consoles, instead of the limited power of the original Xbox would clear up a lot of the cosmetic problems. It would be nice to see it in High Def,

Why would they make it for the original Xbox?

corrections:

1) compared to the games LucasArts has put out recently, simply making the lines a little smoother and making everything look a little better, would make the original RC a better game.

2) I'm just saying Next Gen, because putting RC on a 360 or PS3 would have cleaned it up a lot, instead of what was "current gen" when it came out, ie. ps2 and original Xbox

3) Simply updating the graphics would be good enough for me

4) Rainbow Six Vegas is a First person Shooter, 3rd person like Gears Of War is what i should have said

Archived