Home

What Developer should to RC2?

SmootheOperator

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Imperial Commando 1, to continue the franchise like the books, or should it pick up right where the original RC left off, on Kashyyyk, and be Republic Commando 2? Even if it would be RC2, should it keep following Delta Squad? Or should it be an entirely new game, picking up from Kamino again, but following a different squad. You start out as the leader of, say Kilo Squad, you go through Geonosis, and like most squads, you are used improperly, and lose 2 of your guys, you pick up two more, after the battle is won, and you continue through other missions. Taking the same timeline as RC, just following a different squad?

Along the same lines, would anyone want to see a game based on an Alpha ARC, and see it along the lines of a stealth game like Splinter Cell? Or is that just not gonna work?

corrections:

1) compared to the games LucasArts has put out recently, simply making the lines a little smoother

I believe you mean Anti-Aliasing. That's not supported by the 360, or (from what I know) the PS3.

3) Simply updating the graphics would be good enough for me

That's actually a lot of work. Might as well make a new game.

• 2 weeks later...

Actually, porting a game isn't that difficult. Usually they have a team devoted to coding the game in a different language. And i think Vegas had it right with first person that switches to third person when in cover that would would very well in a stealth related game like Rep, commando.

Honestly with current day graphics even if it bad in comparison to triple AAA products, it would look good enough.

• 1 month later...

I've had wet dreams of Infinity Ward developing Republic Commando 2 more than once, but since they will be Activision's lapdogs till the end of eternity, I think Bungie would be a terrific developer to make RC as RC already borrowed liberally from Halo. Alternately, of course, Irrational Games.

my name is Boss, and i am here to ask you a question. is a commando not entitled to the sweat- ok i'll stop here

Infinity Ward and Activision started to not get along anymore. They just got too big. A few very important people at Infinity Ward was "dismissed", and several other very important people followed their bosses.

Infinity Ward, in it's hayday, with the release of Modern Warfare and MW2, would have been amazing. No compromises on the games. But if Inifinty Ward would do it, would they keep going with it. If RC2 was as popular as the first Modern Warfare, would they make more? would they kill it? would they stop innovating like they did with the MW series?

Would you rather have someone like Infinity Ward make an RC2, and an RC3, possibly an RC4, and possibly destroy it all with oversaturation of the same thing? Or would you rather have it go the way of a Halo movie? Not want it to happen, because you don't want them to screw it up.

Archived