Home

Tomb Raider: REBOOT

Ser'eck

The next Tomb Raider game is an origins story line and explores Lara's past:

Fresh from academy and in search of lost relics, a 21-year-old Lara Croft journeys to an island off the coast of Japan aboard the Endurance, a salvage vessel helmed by Captain Conrad Roth. Before anchoring at bay, the ship is wrecked by an unforeseen storm leaving Croft separated from other survivors and washed ashore. She must endure physical and emotional torture in order to survive the island.

The new face:

jan2011_cover_b_front.jpg

More information can be found here>http://www.gameinformer.com/mag/tombraider.aspx

The main Tomb Raider site redirects to this one^

I personally like where they are going with this. I feel it will be a nice change all together. The new Lara looks great as well, more realistic and less of a sexual object.

What do you guys think?

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

But actually I'm intrigued...it's in need of an actual reboot not that stupid XBL Arcade game.

That stupid XBL Arcade game was actually very good, and it was one of the best co-op games I played last year.

I always look forward to any new Tomb Raider game. Unlike alot of people, I loved the last 3 games, and look forward to whatever they come up with next.

Tomb Raider... the only game that I really ever throughly enjoyed was Legend, then it went meh. Let's see what this one holds.

I personally like where they are going with this. I feel it will be a nice change all together. The new Lara looks great as well, more realistic and less of a sexual object.

This is exactly what people at Crystal Dynamics said when they took over Tomb Raider games. And I think they did a good job at making her a nice looking female Indiana Jones.

That stupid XBL Arcade game was actually very good, and it was one of the best co-op games I played last year.

I loved it as well. Not sure why some die-hard fans didn't like it though.

Never played a Tomb game.

They just announced the Tomb Raider Trilogy HD coming to Playstation in March, so there's your chance.

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2011/01/06/the-tomb-raider-trilogy-hd-exclusively-on-ps3-march-22nd/

I thought about getting the XBL Arcade game myself. My wife has Underworld and I thought Guardian of Light would be a nice co-op game for both of us. I just didn't know if it was any good or not.

I highly recommend it. I played through it with my eldest daughter and we had such a great time working out all the puzzles together. You'll love it.

I'm sorely tempted to get the HD collection meself. I really liked Legend, and trophies will give me incentive to play through it and get every single reward/time challenge once again. Anniversary wasn't quite as fun, I thought, but having trophies for that would be nice. Unfortunately, I already have Underworld...

Ah, hell. I can just sell the copy of Underworld I have and get the collection. I want Legend and Anniversary with trophies and nicer graphics.

As far as Guardian of Light...I haven't gotten it because I have no one to play it with, and it just doesn't seem like that much fun without a second player. With the online capability it now has...basically, do you think it's any good to play with someone you don't know who may or may not be a complete idiot?

As far as Guardian of Light...I haven't gotten it because I have no one to play it with, and it just doesn't seem like that much fun without a second player. With the online capability it now has...basically, do you think it's any good to play with someone you don't know who may or may not be a complete idiot?

You definately need someone you know to play it with to get the most enjoyment out of it. It's like any game really, you'll have more fun with people you know than people you don't.

I love the Tomb Raider games, especially the ones on PS1. I've played the demos for Legend and Underworld several times and plan on getting them very soon. I have played Anniversary and loved it. But I don't like the fact Tomb Raider is being rebooted...again. Nothing was wrong with it in the first place. :( I might end up checking this one out eventually after all it is Tomb Raider and the platformer/ action-adventure genre sometimes seems to be going the way of the dinosaurs. Platformers are better than shooters anyday to me. (Unless we are talking Half-Life :p)

Oh, and I am a male but have never viewed Lara as a "sexual" object, thats just....weird. She is just a cool female version of Indiana Jones to me!

I hope this "realistic" nature doesn't remove the supernatural aspect in the games that I love.

• 3 months later...
It's looking good, though. Reminds me a bit of MGS3: Snake Eater premise so far.
Yeah I'm liking the new direction as well, I never really got into the original TR games, they never caught my attention at a glance, but this one has at least done that. Lovely melons aside.

Seems like the rebooted jugs got rebooted. In before reboobed.
I was actually thinking the same thing when I first saw this new concept art. XD

Well he's in for a disappointment when he sees one in real life.

OT, but I must point this is very untrue. I study with a lot of exclusively lesbian women that don't do the most they can to look like a guy with jugs. Of course some look very manly but saying they all do is overgeneralization.

OT, but I must point this is very untrue. I study with a lot of exclusively lesbian women that don't do the most they can to look like a guy with jugs. Of course some look very manly but saying they all do is overgeneralization.
pics.jpg

Archived