Home

Tomb Raider: REBOOT

Ser'eck

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Emma Watson is too...what's the word.

Soft, I guess. She doesn't have the kind of grit Lara Croft needs. If Milla Jovovich were English instead of Ukrainian, she'd be ideal.

404: Boobs not found. Hell, curves not found. :carms:

If you want a stick figure with a pretty face and the body of a 12-year-old for the role, why not Keira Knightley? At least she's English.

• 3 weeks later...
DAMN awesome trailer.

QFT. And I must admit this is looking better and better. The crashed planes, shipwreck and... well, older stuff in the Japanese sea island are really nice and show that there may be a lot of exploring to do. Surviving and playing as a unexperienced Lara seems really nice.

But now I can't shake the feeling that there's something sadist in watching such a *cute* Lara under those tribulations.

This is pretty standard Squeenix CGI flair, but damn does it make this look good. Buying Eidos is turning into Squeenix's best move in a while if this, Deus Ex: HR and Hitman: Absolution are any indication.

That was a very nice trailer. After seeing that and the Deus Ex trailers, I'm really looking forward to what they do as a proper Hitman trailer. Normally I dislike it when no gameplay is shown, but the cool factor here keeps me happy.

They've grabbed my interest, next lets see some gameplay to hold it.

This is pretty standard Squeenix CGI flair, but damn does it make this look good. Buying Eidos is turning into Squeenix's best move in a while if this, Deus Ex: HR and Hitman: Absolution are any indication.

This. Everything I've heard about DE:HR has been almost glowing, even from people who started with the same doubts I have regarding how it will measure up to the original. Tomb Raider is looking very interesting as well, and that's a sentence I have never typed before. It looks like Eidos is really putting a lot of muscle into an attempt to gain back their image after a fairly rough patch.

Which gives me quite a bit of hope for Hitman: Absolution, and Thief 4. Hope that would not be present a few years ago.

I'll admit I was skeptical going into the presentation of this game at the XBOX briefing, but after seeing the demo...I'm pumped. It has a MUCH darker look, and it looks like it'll have a pretty good story to go along with all the gritty stuff. I'm looking forward to this...

Looks like a QTE-fest judging by the brief demo during the MS conference.
I agree, there wasn't really any gameplay. Hopefully they'll show us some real gameplay soon. The atmosphere of the game hit the right notes in that particular scene, however. But I'd like it if Lara can grunt a little less. It's actually pretty distracting.

I agree, there wasn't really any gameplay. Hopefully they'll show us some real gameplay soon. The atmosphere of the game hit the right notes in that particular scene, however. But I'd like it if Lara can grunt a little less. It's actually pretty distracting.

^Everything he said. I'm hoping QTEs aren't as common in the main game as they are in that beginning segment. The grunting is over the top in both quantity and volume. Running about jumping and climbing isn't tennis; while grunting naturally happens, I've never heard someone do it that loud. Probably because when you're running, wasting oxygen on making your shouts extra loud is pretty stupid.

Grunting aside, was I the only one who felt that the voice acting seemed a bit off? Some less worried dialogue was delivered in a terrified-sounding voice, and some dialogue that should've had at least some fear in it ('I can't die like this') sounded flat and emotionless. Maybe it was just me.

• 1 month later...

I have played and researched the entire series and love them all..except for the last two, Lara is getting worse and worse. and this latest version is just awful. Modern developers love to rub any cherished icon into the mud and they have done it once again with this new travesty of Lara.

The Real Lara

scaled.php?server=57&filename=larailluminatedea1.jpg&res=medium

scaled.php?server=59&filename=larainthelouvreaa1.jpg&res=medium

scaled.php?server=59&filename=laraintheblackdressqg3.jpg&res=medium

scaled.php?server=90&filename=laraontheroofskc1.jpg&res=medium

scaled.php?server=98&filename=laraandqueentanupavj6.jpg&res=medium

scaled.php?server=217&filename=finallarapa4.jpg&res=medium

scaled.php?server=80&filename=younglara1xq0.jpg&res=medium

scaled.php?server=217&filename=aodlara3ir3.jpg&res=medium

scaled.php?server=391&filename=44444di9.jpg&res=medium

Sadly i was one of the ones who came up with the idea of a shared focus game, my intention was for the PLAYER to play along with Lara meaning a customizable player Avatar like in Oblivion but they went the wrong direction once again shutting the player out and making us just spectators in an increasingly difficulty platform style jumping match that normal players just can't enjoy.

wodtrok0.jpg

this new direction is just awful. Fortunately they cant mess with the older titles which are safe...and the real Lara is therefore safe for all time.

That was my design and proposal for the new version of TR that would allow the player to play along with Lara IN the game that I sent to the developers several years ago....they took me up on the idea but changed it quite a bit unfortunately. I agree BTW about AOD, that is my least Favorite of the Laras but even she has more poise and character than the new hyper realistic denatured Laras that look like refugees from Reality Magazines.

• 10 months later...

So I take you ladies and gentlemen all watched the trailer shown on E3?

[youtube=hd]qC0WyzbNS_A?hd=1

It follows the same line of what we saw on the last CG trailer last year (thankfully). And I stand by my statement of one year ago when I said there's definitively something sadist on this game. Lara gets beaten even harder and I'm pretty sure there's not a single 10 seconds where she's not being pierced, slashed, stabbed, shot at or slapped. Not sure if this is amusing to anyone (some kind of guilty pleasure, I guess) but while watching Lara being covered in someone else's blood I couldn't quite believe what I was seeing. Really? In a Tomb Raider game? Wow.

I'm keeping my mind open, though, as this is seeming to be the best Tomb Raider game I've ever seen.

I wasn't too interested, not being interested in Tomb Raider games, but I'm really digging this since the E3 trailer and gameplay. I'm guessing the sadism will all be rewarded eventually, as it'll change Lara into somebody stronger and greater.

I'm not too big on TB as well, Legend being the only one I thoroughly enjoyed. But I'm with you, everything seems great about this one, especially survival.

Well, all the beating was enough to get me mad at everything and everyone that was doing this to Lara. I just wanted to take control and kick everyone's ass at some point, just to make it stop. They're going down the emotional road, it seems, and it's working, on me at least.

Archived